“Good dive company”
Review of Happy Fish Divers

Happy Fish Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: At Happy Fish Divers we sail under the twin flags of safety and service. We believe every diver is looking for both, above and below the water! We do individualized courses, often one on one, and have a maximum of 6 divers on our fully-equipped dive boat.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I did a 2 tank dive with Happy Fish. The guide was young, fun and really energetic! We felt comfortable the whole time. We were hoping for 2 boat dives, but there boat is broken and can only do shore dives. The company also stated maximum 6 divers, but we had 7... Not a big deal to me, but the more people the more crowded the dives seemed.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I did my open water certification over three days with Happy Fish. It would have been done in two, however on the second day I had a bit of a panic attack in the water and couldn't finish the session. Todd, the instructor, was very patient and accommodating with me and offered to let me finish the certification with him the following day. I had never dived before and was nervous going in but Todd took things slow with me and made sure I was comfortable. I had no problems on the third day and completed the certification.

Happy Fish are based on Turtle Reef, which is an excellent location for beginner divers. There's a shallow cove where we did the confined water training and the reef is a short swim further out, where you'll find plenty of marine life and coral. They also offer boat diving, but unfortunately we didn't have enough time on the island for that.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My dive party consisted of four guys from Arkansas that cruised into town on the Carnival Magic. We had been delayed out of port a couple of days due to an oil spill in Galveston and were late arriving in port at Grand Cayman. After walking a half mile or so with all our gear, we arrived at the dive shop we had booked we were advised we had missed the boat and they did not have anything else available even though we had told them we would be late, but they contacted Happy Fish and we weren't disappointed when they arrived. Scott and Esin were fabulous and explained what we were doing for both dives very well. Prior to this day the deepest a couple of us had been on the trip had been only 20-30 feet but after Scott talked to us we had utmost faith in him to take us down to depths of 100+. We actually dove to around 120 feet and had no problems on the first dive with him. The second dive was with Esin and we weren't disappointed there either. She was very knowledgeable about the USS Kittywake and even told us about an underwater Geocache (three of the four of us had been Geocaching before and were very excited about this). Esin was very thorough in her instructions and very nice as well. Although the price was more than we were quoted at the original dive shop, we were willing to pay the difference since it was on short notice and they went out of our way to get our gear together and take their time with us as only one in our party had ever even been in salt water. I look forward to booking with them again and will contact them first next time we plan to travel to Grand Cayman. After the dive was over Scott drove us back to the dock to catch the tender back to the Magic. Thanks again Scott and Esin! The trip was fabulous!

1  Thank Justin M
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I booked a dive with Happy Fish prior to a recent cruise that was stopping at Grand Cayman. I was actually referred to Happy Fish by another dive shop that could not accommodate me on that day, and it was the best thing that ever could happen!
Setting the day up with Scott by email was a breeze. We were picked up close to the dock by Todd and given the choice of either a boat dive or a shore dive. I chose the shore dive as my wife was with me and she was only snorkeling. We were taken to the Cracked Conch Restaurant at Northwest Point where my wife could snorkel and I could do a leisurely dive of about 60 ft. The entrance and exit were easy and the mini wall (from 20 to 60 ft) was a really great dive.
I really want to give my highest accolades to Todd! He was a terrific source of information about the island, a great dive guide, and even dropped us off at a wonderful part of Seven Mile Beach where we spent the rest of the afternoon before returning to the ship. He treated my wife and I as if we were family.
I would certainly recommend Happy Fish (especially Todd) to everyone and will use them again when I return to Grand Cayman. Martin & Nancy

1  Thank Nancy K
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We have dove with Happy Fish a few years. Great company. Very accommodating since we had divers at different levels. We will certainly be arranging dives with again upon our return again next year. Thanks Scotty, Todd, and Esin for a super experience! Todd, Donna, Dale, and Tammy