“12 minutes to 2,000 feet”

Slackem Fishing Charters
Ranked #3 of 73 Tours in George Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Luxury Private Deep Sea Fishing, Snorkeling and Stingray City Charters offered year round in beautiful Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. The waters of Grand Cayman offer year round seasonal fishing for Blue Marlin, Tuna, Dolphin(Mahi)and Wahoo. Half and Full day trips are available daily throughout the year. We also offer private custom charters, whatever you desire within the Cayman Waters, Slackem Charters can make it happen. Whether it is deep sea/ reef fishing, snorkeling or visiting the stingrays or maybe all of the above, we will accommodate every request!
Reviewed 1 July 2014

While in Grand Cayman for a wedding I was able to break away and get some fishing in. I've traveled to plenty of destinations and every trip I try to go fishing. I've had good, bad, and mediocre experiences in the past. Slackem was the first of all of them that made the process easy, enjoyable, and honestly how it should be in a perfect world.

Captain Jon Archer not only brings a lifetime on the water to the Slackem experience, but the true feel of an island only a local can. When the bite was slow, he was more than generous sharing with me the history of the island, its waters, and fish. A self made man of the sea, it was abundantly obvious I made the right choice of boats.

Many of my past vacation charters ended up being a boat ride with less than knowledgable captains driving less than acceptable vessels. From the safety equipment to the electronics, beautiful Penn Senator top of the line reels, to a spotless cabin and head....Slackem is to me the only choice when traveling to Grand Cayman.

From my first inquiry right up until the morning of my trip Jon's wife Stephanie couldn't have been more helpful with quick responses over email or phone to questions on the trip and logistics. Half and full day trips can be customized from a family day of fishing, snorkeling, and cruising all the way to hardcore offshore angling for the biggest of big game fishing. The unique structure of the island has you to the fishing grounds in under 15 minutes and even offshore fishing is still within sight of land.

3  Thank nymike
SLACKEMCHARTERS, General Manager at Slackem Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

What a beautiful write up, thank you very much for leaving such an awesome review about your experience with us! We love jumping on TripAdvisor everyday to read the awesome stories that guests like you write about us. Its a great feeling to know that your guests have had a great time and that you showed them the best experience possible. We hope that if you come back to the Island you will join us again! Stephanie

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We took our annual family trip down to Grand Cayman which usually consists getting in as much diving as possible. In an effort to schedule something we could all do as a group together, I turned to tripadvisor looking for a well reviewed deep sea fishing charter. Once again, the reviews were right on target!
Slackem charters was an amazing experience for the whole family (from 6 yrs-66). My initial email was promptly responded to and the whole process of booking was extremely easy.
As far as the actual boat and fishing...Superb!! We had a blast! I reeled in my first marlin (Amazing!!) ,we brought in 3 mahi mahi and my 8 yr old reeled in a barracuda while in the chair. Afterwards, we all agreed that what help make the trip magical was that Capt. Jon and Jacob have been fishing for years and have brought in countless fish, yet when each of us were reeling in ours...they had as much excitement in their faces as us and the whole boat would erupt in cheers and hollering!! Awesome..just awesome.

4  Thank Ryan A
SLACKEMCHARTERS, General Manager at Slackem Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you thank you for such a heart felt review, and thank you also for sending through the Cartoon, Jon ans I got a kick out of that one and plan to put it on our website :) We are glad that you enjoyed your trip and as you say it is an annual trip, we look forward to taking you out again next year ;) So we are able to get your wife a Marlin, Stephanie

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We went out on 1/2 day trip. What can I say from the captain Emil and Percy great time! They extended our trip as we were on the fish. We caught Mahi, Jack and a Triple Tail. Been on many charters before but they are simply the Best.

4  Thank 1,540

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are glad you had a great time and look forward to hearing from you again! Stephanie

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Went out on a half day charter with captain Emil and first mate Perry. Try as we might we just didn't get on the fish but that is fishing sometimes. Stephanie was great answering my questions. We had a slight mix up on the pick up location but a quick call to Stephanie straightened it out. When the fish are not biting it makes for an expensive boat ride but hey what can you do. Maybe next time.

Have a very good rating only because we did not get on the fish. These guys know what they are doing just the fish were not biting!

2  Thank Salsgang
SLACKEMCHARTERS, Front Office Manager at Slackem Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We at Slackem Charters have the toughest job trying to keep up our ratings as fishing is one of those things that you can do all the right things, go to all the right spots and put out all the right bait and the fish will just not bite. Thank you for understanding and we hoe that if you come back you will try us again. Stephanie

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Went out on the 31' Luhrs for a full day charter. The bigger boat was booked. We were picked up conveniently at Camana Bay, near our condo. Started out trolling close in, with no luck. The captain talked to the owner, and to some other captains, to try to find out where to put us on some fish. We ran offshore a ways, and caught some small black fin tuna, and some nice size ocean yellow tails. The captain then worked to try to get us some bigger fish. We hooked a marlin, and some big tuna, which we did not get to the boat. That's the way that goes sometimes. Not for lack of trying. Our captain and mate. worked HARD for us !!! Anyway, we stayed out fishing way longer then he had too, and he STILL took us to Stingray City and he stopped to let us snorkel. Nice comfortable, safe, good riding boat, and the captain, mate and the entire trip were great !!!! I highly recommend Slackem Charters. They go far above and beyond to give you your money's worth and ensure you have a great day fishing and or sightseeing.

3  Thank Al F

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us! We look forward to reading what our guests have to say about there experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip and we hope to see you again, Stephanie.