“A best Value Excursion for sure!”
Review of Soto's Cruises

Soto's Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Sotos Cruises has been in the watersports business for over 22 years. Our trained and experienced crew members always ensure great personalized attention. Our boat is very clean, well maintained and we carry all the safety equipment necessary. EXPERIENCE THIS GREAT TOUR WITH US !!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We recently took a group of 17 people on a 7 day Royal Caribbean cruise. On the recommendation of our travel agent, we used Soto Cruises for an excursion in Grand Cayman. We weren't disappointed! Great value, friendly staff and wonderful experience in the Coral Gardens and Stingray City!

On board this excursion was $89 per person. We paid $35 cash plus tips and it included transportation to the dock and we each fed the Stingrays.

We snorkels first as Stingray City was already pretty busy. The Coral Gardens were filled with colorful fish and coral. My son enjoyed using his Lifeproof phone case underwater and took great pictures and videos that have wowed our family and friends!

The stingrays were a little scary at first but our guide gave us information and helped us get acclimated. One guide helped hold the stingrays for us to touch them and eventually hold and kiss them while the other was on board using our cameras to take photos with each families camera.

We were gone for 4 hours and absolutely delighted with the service and experience. If you have never seen the sapphire blue waters of the Caribbean, you are missing God showing off his handiwork! Beautiful!

2  Thank Tonya H

Reviewed 28 June 2013

My family of four - kids 11 and 23 - took the Stingray and Coral Garden trip with Soto. The captain and his,mate were personable and visibly interested in making the trip a memorable one for of us. They helped us understand interesting facts about the Stingray; literally showing us as the creatures swam around us! They were able to entertain both my kids, despite the age differences.
The Soto's took extra care with my wife for snorkel at Coral Gardens - fitting her with a special float that helped remove her fear of being a weak swimmer. Soto's search and find of a couple of starfish was the cherry on an already great cake!

5  Thank RockBoy10
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was also one of my most memorable experiences on our trip. The captain and first mate were amazing. They were both personable and taught us alot about the stingrays. The price ($35) is much better than all the other tours out there and you will not be disappointed. They took plenty of photos with our cameras (many other tours make you buy the pictures). The tour makes 2 stops. One to a reef for snorkeling and one to stingray city. He also made a quick stop on the way back to show us a huge starfish that we were able to take photos with. I cant say enough good things about this tour company and the staff!

3  Thank Simmycat4
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My husband and I took a tour to Stingray City with Sotos and had a great experience. Everything from arranging for the tour to the tour itself was excellent. We went on a day where there were supposed to be no cruise ships in port, and our boat had about 15 people total on it. It was a nice relaxing cruise, with a quick stop to see and swim with starfish, then on to Stingray City. The staff were very helpful and knowledgable. My husband is a diver and he said the crew was some of the best he had seen in terms of accommodating guests. Stingray City was all it was cracked up to be..amazing! Staff took photos with guests' cameras and were helpful with holding and touching the rays. Our final stop was to snorkel a coral reef; I don't really care for snorkeling, but my husband and others said it was great. Cost was $35US per person and well worth every penny.

3  Thank Oriolezgurl
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This was one of the most memorable experiences of our trip! Myself, my husband and three teenagers enjoyed this cruise so much. My son is 13 and was a little nervous about being around stingrays in the ocean but he was immediately put to ease by the crew. They really took their time with us and even taught us some interesting facts about stingrays. They were very generous with taking pictures with our camera. They took more pictures than I probably would have myself! The snorkel stop was amazing. We saw tons of fish and beautiful coral. It was definitely worth every penny of the price. I can't recommend Soto's cruises enough!

3  Thank kkegrice