“Soto Stingray and Snorkel Charter - Amazing Fun!”
Review of Soto's Cruises

Soto's Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Sotos Cruises has been in the watersports business for over 22 years. Our trained and experienced crew members always ensure great personalized attention. Our boat is very clean, well maintained and we carry all the safety equipment necessary. EXPERIENCE THIS GREAT TOUR WITH US !!
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We booked this last minute with a group of 25 (some adults, some teens and some kids). Everyone had a wonderful time. the boat is not fancy but the snorkel gear was well taken care of and the captain and assistant were very patient and encouraging with those who were nervous about being in the water with HUGE and BEAUTIFUL stingrays. We then moved to a coral reef for snorkeling and it was very good (living coral, lots of different species of fish). No booze or food served, just water and punch. Bring your own lunch and whatever you want. Bottom line - if you are looking for an affordable activity that focuses on what's important (experiencing the ocean), then THIS IS ABSOLUTELY A GREAT CHOICE! PS. Some of the hotels are in the back pocket of the larger commercial charters so you have to call this place directly but it is almost half the price and twice the value.

1  Thank LeAnne T

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This company is owned by a husband and wife team that does all the work and interacts with the customers. I chose them for my Grand Cayman excursion while cruising the Caribbean. They provide a great experience for excellent value. I booked directly with them and not through the cruise ship because I saved $14 per person. We were back to the port with 2 hours to spare so we had time to do some shopping.

1  Thank Beverly A
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We didn't want to be part of a 100+ people on a big boat and found Soto's Charters in Grand Cayman for a trip to Stingray city and snorkeling in Coral Gardens. We can't say enough about how wonderful Randy and Robert were. With a smaller group, they really spent time making sure that each of us got to experience the beautiful reef and even more fun the spectacular stingrays. They thought us how to feed and pet these beautiful creatures of the sea. We would highly recommend them for anyone wanting more personalized attention.

2  Thank Sherry R
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Wonderful, personalized service. They pick you up in their van and drive you to their boat. We take a nice boat ride out to the Coral Gardens and snorkel in crystal clear waters and see lovely things "under the sea". After the Coral Gardens, we ride a bit further out to the Stingray sandbar. On the way, Billy educated us on how to hold them, not to be afraid of them (I never was because they wouldn't take us out there if there was a danger). He explained the things we should know before we got into the water.

When the stingrays hear the motors on the boats they come from all over. They are AWESOME! I can't even describe adequately what it is like to hold these awesome creatures and feed them. Love it time and again.

The quality of this tour is so much better than going on the ones sponsored by the cruiselines. Why? LESS PEOPLE! You don't have to try and "share" the experience with 70 of your closest friends. There are like 12 people or so on the boat with Soto's. Another reason: PRICE! You get such personalized service for so much less money.

I can't say enough about this tour. We are going back again in October 2014 and once again will visit Soto's. In fact, I'm going to make my reservation right now. Can't wait to see them again and visit with the stingrays.again!

3  Thank Debra919
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I can recommend. I used their service in Jan 2014 with my wife and two kids. It was an unforgettable experience. Safe, nice!

6  Thank RenatoFuzz