“Great experience, wonderful excursion”

Cayman Eco Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cayman Eco Adventures offers trips to Grand Cayman's famous Stingray City. With groups limited twenty five, an experienced crew and a fast boat, you will see for yourself why we are one of the best tour companies in the Cayman Islands.
Caledon, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Great experience, wonderful excursion”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We enjoyed our trip out to Stingray City and Starfish Beach on May 13, 2014. The boat was a good size and not too crowded. Captain Kevin and Kalyn were excellent hosts. They took us to Starfish Beach first where we were able to get off the boat and swim/wade in calm waters and touch/handle huge starfish. We then went to a reef and did some snorkeling and then the best part of the trip was the visit to the sandbar known as Stingray City. It was incredible to be in the water with these magnificent animals. My whole family enjoyed it, especially my 7 year old son (who wore a life jacket which they provided). We were especially impressed with Kevin's and Kalyn's respect for the animals and how, unlike other tours on the sandbar, they didn't want to pick up or hold the stingrays against their will, even for a special picture.

It was an excellent trip that I booked in advance via email in advance and put a deposit on using PayPal with no problem. Communication was excellent.

We had arrived via the Disney cruise ship and the person we had to meet was right where he said he would be at the right time, almost as soon as we got off the Disney ship. Transfer to the tour boat was quick. We made a couple of stops at hotels to pick up others, but I think we got there in less than 30 minutes?

All in all, I would highly recommend Cayman Eco Adventures while visiting George Town, Grand Cayman.

1 Thank DaveandBeverley

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“You can trust Cayman Eco Adventures”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I am always wary of out-of-the-country excursions when traveling w/my family of five (husband and three school-aged daughters). We got a personal recommendation from a friend to use Sting Ray Sailing two years ago, captained by Kevin. This year, when we came back to Grand Cayman via cruise ship, we couldn't book Sting Ray Sailing bc of our port arrival time. So, when we asked the very helpful and trustworthy Michelle at Sting Ray Sailing, she recommended Cayman Eco Adventures, which I believe they co-own. Last year, StingRay Sailing took us out to StingRay City via a gorgeous 40' catamaran. We were one of only three families on board. Safety is of the utmost for Captain Kevin and his crew. This time we took Cayman Eco Adventures "fast" boat, so we had more sights to see. We were the ONLY family booked that day, so it was basically a private charter for the regular cost of a tour. And we literally were the only ones, I am not exaggerating, our family of five alone w/no other boats, out on the sand bar at Sting Ray City. Our daughters ages 8 and 11 fed the sting rays. That is what you call a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Captain Kevin and his crew educate you about the stingrays and how to interact with them. Next, we visited a lovely reef and snorkeled a bit. My daughters loved it. Last, we ended our day at Starfish Point, where we dropped anchor and were able to walk ashore to see starfish. What an amazing day. We were back within three hours in plenty of time to make our tender back to our ship. Michelle told us they cater exclusively to and monitor ships' port arrival times/departures, so no worries. Cayman Eco Adventures really is a first class, professionally run company. I am exceedingly choosy and cautious and felt completely at ease w/ Captain Kevin and crew. Michelle exemplified the utmost in customer service. They provide snorkels, masks, fins, and flotation devices. Both boats have a head (a bathroom on board), and they provide complimentary water, fruit, and sodas/beers for a small fee. I have and would recommend them to everyone.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Cackyschmackers
Portland, ME
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Swimming with stingrays has never been on my bucket list, but it ended up being the best part of our crusie vacation. Captain Kevin and Kat were great. We only had 12 on our boat and when we arrived at stringray city we saw other outfitters with loads of folks. Finding them off the boat was easy and I'm glad I booked with a smaller outfit.
You won't regret booking with them.

1 Thank 11Binks
Monroe, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great! Especially for families with young children!!!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I would give it more than 5 stars if I were aloud to. Captain Kevin was great. The bus ride was fairly short and there were only 8 of us on the boat plus 3 crew including the captain. When we arrived to Stingray City it seemed as if the rays knew who they were because they all came straight over even before we got the food out for them. Had a good bit of time there before moving on to the reef. Enjoyed the reef but my daughters favorite stop was Starfish Point. The water was very shallow and the starfish are not near as active as the rays. There were several starfish around and she made sure to hold them all. One member of the crew was constantly snapping pictures of everyone in the group and we were able to get the whole days worth of shots (200+) sent to u via email for $25. Another great value!! We will definitely be using Cayman Eco every time we are in Grand Cayman!!!

1 Thank Geauxstarz
Monroe, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best way to see the stingrays!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had such a great time with Captain Kevin, and Kalyn took some amazing pictures of the whole experience! We prebooked with them for our cruise stop in Grand Cayman and found the meeting point with no problem. We boarded the bus and made a few stops at resorts to pick up more people on the way to the boats. Our boat was great - a quick and smooth ride with only 9 people on our tour. The stingrays were fantastic! We got there ahead of most of huge tour boats, so we had the stingrays mostly to ourselves for a little while. The snorkeling was beautiful, but my daughter's favorite part was Starfish Point, absolutely breathtaking and completely peaceful. I couldn't more strongly recommend a tour with these guys! We will definitely book with them next time!

1 Thank Jennifer L