“Average”

Ranked #10 of 118 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Da Fish Shack is a very chill spot which is recommended for a true Caribbean experience. Beside the great view and lay back atmosphere, Da Fish Shack offers an array of fresh seafood,sandwiches ,hamburgers & steaks complimented by a nice selections of drinks, a great place for anybody who`s not in a rush...Enjoy it in the "Cayman Time" and absorb all the good vibes. A great place for locals and tourists alike to eat,meet and drink Caribbean style!!
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Da Fish Shack was recommended by our beach server at our hotel. I got fish & chips which was average. I wanted grouper but they ran out. My wife got the Mai Mai grilled and blackened. It was okay. My daughters got the seafood rundown which they said was okay.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We were surrounded by different restaurants all claming to have awesome food.Our tour guide recommended da fish shack and it was probably the best decison ever!.The fish was fresh literally it was catch of the day, my table ordered the fish n chips ( amazing btw), fish tacos ( which looked and tasted amazing), and a fresh fried snapper ( speechless). If you happen to be at cayman make sure you stop here its only a few minutes from the pier and the price matches the quality.

Ps. Order the fried bread fruit as a side order its the best.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stopped by here after driving around George Town. The food was good and the service was friendly. We really enjoyed the sunset while sitting out on the deck. Overall we were not disappointed, but I would say the food was just above average.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our family of 3 ate here on July 9, 2014. Da Fish Shack is a restaurant that is in easy walking distance from the cruise ships. The restaurant has a sports bar feel to it with large screen TV's and lots of ambient noise. In my humble opinion this restaurant stays in business solely because of the cruise ship traffic. Da Fish Shack does not have to cater or worry about repeat business. Their customers appear to be first time cruise ship passengers that are so caught up in their vacation that they just give the restaurant a pass. As long as they don't get sick they will say the restaurant was wonderful. We stay on the island a month each year during the summer so I am passed all the hype and fan fare. Just show me the food. So this is what we ordered: 1 fish & Chips at $16.00 CI., 1 Curry Chicken Sandwich at $12.00 CI. and 1 Seafood Rundown at $22.00 CI. The fish & Chips were uneatable and the portions were small. The Curry Chicken Sandwich was small and had very little chicken. The Seafood Rundown was bland and tasted like Okra Gumbo with no seasoning. Service was terrible with drink glasses left empty. Our bill totaled $71.87 US after the 15% Gratuity. We were not only disappointed when we left but we were also hungry. When we returned to our room we all made ourselves a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It was more tasty and filling than Da Fish Shack.

3  Thank Deepoutdoors
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great view overlooking the clear blue water, greeted by big friendly smiles. Satisfied my belly here (after a very disappointing previous lunch at Rackams). We had the tuna ceviche and snow crab legs~ both hit the spot! We came on a Sunday so it was very chill, but looks like it could be a very happening place on a Friday or Saturday with a big bar and plenty of seating.