“Good food!!”

Bread and Chocolate
Ranked #9 of 118 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Modern. Responsible. Delicious. Bread and Chocolate is the first full-service vegan restaurant in the Cayman Islands providing healthy all-day breakfast and lunch alternatives for health-conscious and eco-conscious diners. All breads, desserts, sauces etc. Are made in house. Organic and local produce featured where and whenever possible. Located in the centre of the financial district of George Town. Parking is very limited so plan for a short walk from your car if you drive any day other than Saturday (loads of street parking available on weekends). Bus terminal is next door so it is strongly encouraged to take one of the municipal "buses" which are, for the most part, mini-vans with stickers on them - the EE (East End) bus is more of the typical style bus. Taking the bus is greatly encouraged since it's better for the environment, way cheaper than a cab and is a unique experience on it's own. Some pay parking available at the Town Centre Plaza on Albert Panton Street and behind Bayshore Mall. Table service and take out available. Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.M. To 4 p.M., Saturdays, Sundays and most public holidays from 9 a.M. To 2 p.M.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I loved it! I ordered the "tuna salad" sandwich and it tasted great. But I then saw that in my ordered side salad they didn't wash the lettuce at all. There was dirt in it.
BUT I got free dessert (chocolate) and the cook spelled out sorry for me with the caramel syrup that came with the dessert (brownie). It was cute and nice. Don't let the dirty lettuce put you off though, you still must try this place. They will clean their lettuce thoroughly from now on anyways (hopefully). Hahaha.
Anyway, this place is a MUST to try. They have good things even for non-vegetarians and non-vegans.

There are newer reviews for Bread and Chocolate

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Breakfast at Bread and Chocolate is one of the best on the island! Fantastic vegan food, I'm vegetarian and love the selection here, it's something that's really lacking in other places. The staff are always friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The best vegan food I have had, even though I don't eat vegan. You won't miss anything! The ice cream is so amazing and creamy, but no milk?! How is this possible? Saucha ginger Kambucha is amazingly good and locally made. Every detail was impeccably done. Happy to see such a great hole in the wall on our short stop on the island. Sweet people and unique fantastic food and drinks. Sad we have nothing like this in Miami. They need to sell a recipe book ASAP! I would give up animal products and never miss them if I had food this delicious. Check them out!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am a vegan and I was absolutely thrilled to find this place. I go there at least 4 times a week!! Favourite dish would have to be the Island Bowl (with quinoa instead of the rice) The Beet Burger is pretty amazing too. I was surprised it didn't taste like beet at all, which is awesome because I hate beet! Oh! And how could I forget the blueberry tarts!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Definitely recommended!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Let me start by saying I am not a vegan or vegetarian, nor am i (overly) eco-conscious, and there is no proof of anyone ever calling me a modern gastronome. I will also say that I did not eat here once I figured out it was vegan (I was hankering for eggs and bacon that day) but I did want to write a quick review to let people know the place is very clean, homey, reasonably priced, and the waitstaff very friendly. The place gives off a good vibe that is sure to help start your day off right. I did waffle (no pun intended) between staying and having pancakes or heading out to find bacon and eggs - b&e won this time but next time i'm not so sure. Read the other reviews about Bread and Chocolate's food and if you like what you read, go check them out. i'm certain u'll have good food while enjoying the good vibe.

2  Thank frankieboy180