“Great for lunch!”

Bread and Chocolate
Ranked #10 of 117 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Modern. Responsible. Delicious. Bread and Chocolate is the first full-service vegan restaurant in the Cayman Islands providing healthy all-day breakfast and lunch alternatives for health-conscious and eco-conscious diners. All breads, desserts, sauces etc. Are made in house. Organic and local produce featured where and whenever possible. Located in the centre of the financial district of George Town. Parking is very limited so plan for a short walk from your car if you drive any day other than Saturday (loads of street parking available on weekends). Bus terminal is next door so it is strongly encouraged to take one of the municipal "buses" which are, for the most part, mini-vans with stickers on them - the EE (East End) bus is more of the typical style bus. Taking the bus is greatly encouraged since it's better for the environment, way cheaper than a cab and is a unique experience on it's own. Some pay parking available at the Town Centre Plaza on Albert Panton Street and behind Bayshore Mall. Table service and take out available. Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.M. To 4 p.M., Saturdays, Sundays and most public holidays from 9 a.M. To 2 p.M.
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great for lunch!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This place is really, really good by any standard. We went there twice while on holiday with friends so we got to sample a fair spectrum of the menu and despite what the name suggests there is a wide range of choice. My personal favourite was the vegan breakfast tacos. They're a master stroke, and that's coming from a guy that's pretty hard core in to meat. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank will0551

Westlake, Ohio
“Great Vibe - Awesome Food!!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I loved everything about Bread and Chocolate! The restaurant is very cozy and the energy is awesome. Our server was very attentive and we also had the opportunity to meet the owner who was very sweet. I ordered the Island Bowl which was absolutely delicious. I had resigned myself to the fact that I would not be eating any "jerk" while on vacation since I do not eat meat and was so excited to see jerk tofu was a part of the bowl. The black beans had an AMAZING coconut sauce on them, the greens were cooked to perfection and the quinoa and plantains were just delicious. My cousin had the Veggie Chili which was their Soup of the Day and she was equally as pleased.
I would totally recommend Bread and Chocolate to anyone - vegans, vegetarians or anyone who enjoys good food! Cheers!

• Visited August 2014
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Good food!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I loved it! I ordered the "tuna salad" sandwich and it tasted great. But I then saw that in my ordered side salad they didn't wash the lettuce at all. There was dirt in it.
BUT I got free dessert (chocolate) and the cook spelled out sorry for me with the caramel syrup that came with the dessert (brownie). It was cute and nice. Don't let the dirty lettuce put you off though, you still must try this place. They will clean their lettuce thoroughly from now on anyways (hopefully). Hahaha.
Anyway, this place is a MUST to try. They have good things even for non-vegetarians and non-vegans.

Visited August 2014
Grand Cayman
“A great little place downtown”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Breakfast at Bread and Chocolate is one of the best on the island! Fantastic vegan food, I'm vegetarian and love the selection here, it's something that's really lacking in other places. The staff are always friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2014
miami, Florida, USA
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The best vegan food I have had, even though I don't eat vegan. You won't miss anything! The ice cream is so amazing and creamy, but no milk?! How is this possible? Saucha ginger Kambucha is amazingly good and locally made. Every detail was impeccably done. Happy to see such a great hole in the wall on our short stop on the island. Sweet people and unique fantastic food and drinks. Sad we have nothing like this in Miami. They need to sell a recipe book ASAP! I would give up animal products and never miss them if I had food this delicious. Check them out!