“Excellent food, tour guide, and Cayman history”
Review of Cayman Food Tours

Cayman Food Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Cayman Food Tours offers 3-hour guided food tasting and cultural walking tours that take visitors and residents on an entertaining journey through George Town. Our tours are a combination of delicious food and drink tastings and cultural, historical, and architectural highlights of the historic downtown area provided by knowledgeable and professional guides.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent food, tour guide, and Cayman history”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My family participated in this food tour. The variety of food was delicious and we were able to try many foods we had never eaten before. The tour guide, Marzeta, was extremely knowledgeable of the Cayman history, people, buildings around town, and of course, the food we sampled. The tour was well organized and moved at a comfortable pace. I especially love the fact that she took into account our dietary needs (I'm a vegetarian), which was unexpected but appreciated. This was my favorite activity we have done in a week since we arrived on the island. I'd recommend it without hesitation.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank psychtraveler2

Louisiana
7 attraction reviews
“a WONDERFUL way to spend a few hours!!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Marzeta is delightful -- the tour was wonderful -- she kept a good pace -- she is very knowledgeable and gave us quite a variety of local visits and local lore.... I highly recommend this walking tour for anyone interested in a different view of Grand Cayman. You do walk a lot so make sure you use sunscreen / hat/ etc to keep comfortable. We loved every stop and every bite! I would do this tour again in a heart beat!!!

Kansas City, Missouri
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A nice way to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Marzeta is an excellent host. We really enjoyed her enthusiasm and her knowledge of her hometown. Getting the historical lowdown on Georgetown specifically and Cayman generally was great. The food was delicious with a varied selection of tastes. She took us where the locals go, and that's exactly what we were after.
As a tip - it can get quite warm walking from place to place, so be sure to wear comfortable clothing and a hat to keep the sun off.
Well done Marzeta. We recommend this tour to anyone visiting Georgetown.

Visited June 2014
Norman, OK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Incredibly special”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of taking this tour on May 14, 2014. We signed up because we love food and were eager to try local specialties, but the best part turned out to be getting to spend several hours with the guide/owner Marzeta, who was born and raised on Grand Cayman, and who is incredibly knowledgeable about the history, culture, and architecture of the island. If you are the type of traveller who really wants to get to know the local culture and interact with people from the area, do not miss this tour. And of course, the food was absolutely delicious, and you get lots of it over the course of 5 tastings. We've already revisited 2 of the 5 establishments, and will probably visit at least 1 other. I was initially hesitant to sign up for the tour due to the cost, but it was absolutely worth it. Highly recommended!

Birmingham, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great way to get to know Grand Cayman and it's history!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Marzeta is wonderful - what a talented tour guide. We learned so much about Grand Cayman culture and of course the food was WONDERFUL! This is a great way to get to know the island - I recommend if you are staying on the island (like we were) to do this tour your first full day there. It really helps you plan for the week ahead.
My husband, friend and I did the tour and we had a great time.
Thanks Marzeta!!!