“Great for small groups”
Review of Absolute Divers - CLOSED

Absolute Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Owner operated with more than 20 years experience we are committed to providing you with a safe ,professional and most of all fun dive or snorkel charter. Perfect for small groups, families, beginners needing extra care or the experienced diver seeking more challenging dive sites. No pumped up sales pitch full of self praise and disingenuous promises, we offer a safe, pleasant dive or snorkel trip and have fun doing it.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great for small groups”
Reviewed 13 March 2007

Just got back from Grand Cayman to specifically complete the open dive requirements for PADI certification. Mark and his associate, Kevin, were great - patient, thorough and safety minded. Not sure what happened to the other party that had such a negative review as our experience was so opposite and so positve. We did four dives over two half days. Mark worked around our schedules and no rush, very relaxed pace and gradual. He is very conscientious about the requirements to be able to pass PADI and ensured that we knew what we were doing and were able to do the skills required to complete the certification instilling confidence in our abilities. We are planning another trip to go and are arranging Mark to handle our diving requirements then.

2 Thank shimmyh

Charlottesville, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Diving on Grand Cayman- Absolute Divers”
Reviewed 5 March 2007

I am a very fortunate person and have been able to travel all over and dive alot of locations. The diving in the Caymans is incredible but there is the same problem as everywhere else- charters are TOO expensive and cattle-boats are a real drag, and dangerous. My experience diving off of Grand Cayman was made by going with Mark Sahagian at absolute divers. The price is more than reasonable(for three people it's a better deal than alot of cattle-boats there) and the experience is fantastic. Thankfully most of my diving was on his charter and the few that weren't just didn't stack up. He can be found at ABSOLUTEDIVERS.COM and I recommend his operation before any others.

5 Thank Justin111
Denver, Co
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Diving in Cayman”
Reviewed 4 March 2007

We dove with absolute divers in grand cayman and had a terrible time. 1st: our guide was late. 2nd: he was not friendly when he picked us up. 3rd: his equipment was not organized or new. 4th: the dive sights he took us to were in the port where the cruise ships are. 5th: he could not find anywhere to anchor on the 1st dive, so detoured to another spot. 6th: he did not dive with us and only gave us directions to where we were going under water. 7th: it was very expensive. 8th: no customer service.
I would not recommend absolute divers if you want to dive in grand cayman.

2 Thank msvDenver
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The perfect first dive”
Reviewed 8 February 2007

I took my first scuba dive with Mark from Absolute Divers in Grand Cayman. He took us to a beautiful location and got the certified divers into the water quickly. After my instructions, he was in with me taking me through all the safety instructions and making sure I was comfortable and doing O.K. He gave me enough time to complete the safety check and take a look around Stingray City, then back in the boat and on to a second location. Once there I was back in quickly and given plenty of time to see everything. He was constantly keeping an eye on me (the only beginner in the group), and pointing out interesting things. I managed to get down to 34 or so feet and had an incredible time.
His boat was comfortable and his equipment well kept. He picked us up on time and we never felt rushed in any way. One of the other divers had been out the previous day on a dive set up by the cruise line and found himself in a boat with 27 other divers. There were 5 of us on Mark's boat. Granted it cost a little more, but it was well worth the expense.
I heartily recommend him to anyone going on vacation to Grand Cayman and looking for a good dive.

6 Thank Dispatcher11863
Dallas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My favorite dive charter”
Reviewed 11 January 2007

We were on a cruise that stopped for a day in Grand Cayman. Prior to our trip I found Absolute Divers on line. Absolute specifically caters to cruise ship passengers. We coordinated everything online, he (Mark) picked us up near the dock in Grand Cayman and took us to his boat, and we enjoyed the day away from the crowds doing what we wanted to do when we wanted to do it. We dove and snorkelled at Sting Ray City and the Sand Bar, and we hung out and snorkelled at Star Fish Point. (We hand planned on doing one deeper dive, but, unfortunately, the winds were high and the water was too rough to venture beyond the reef.) On top of it all there were 8 of us so chartering a boat for the day with Mark of Absolute Divers was cheaper than our paying for 8 excursions off of the cruise ship! His boat was nice and roomy, and he was knowledgeable and friendly. We definitely look forward to using Absolute Divers again when we return to Grand Cayman.

5 Thank rjberry