“Never seen the reef like this before!”
Review of DiscoveReef

DiscoveReef
More attraction details
Owner description: DiscoveReef Day Sessions are an effortless snorkeling-type experience, perfect for snorkeling enthusiasts, non-swimmers, children, seniors and the mobility impaired. Whether you are an experienced snorkeler, a novice, or even if you are not a strong swimmer, you are free to explore and discover the reef on your very own Reef Glider.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Wow. That's all I can say. I heard about this place from my cab driver (they gave me a pamphlet) and it looked really cool. They have what are called reef gliders, which look like little jet skis. They do a really neat tour at night that my hubby and I wanted to try but we were leaving Grand Cayman the next day and had to get up early so we opted for the day session. I was a bit nervous at first but Michael who works there was really helpful and went out towards the reef along with me. It took me less than 5 minutes to get used to the controls, then I was off chasing a school of little blue fish!!! Really awesome. We do a lot of snorkelling, but this was even better because I got to see way more stuff. My hubby thinks he saw a stingray!!!
My only complaint is that I didn't call in advance to book and so I didn't know that they moved locations (the pamphlet my cabby gave me must have been old). I showed up at the Cayman Cabana restaurant (which was okay because we grabbed a quick beer on their deck - LOL) and someone told me they'd moved to the beach across from Boating Made Easy. The staff were really apologetic when we told them, and they gave us a small discount for our trouble. :)
I definitely recommend this for anyone who loves to snorkel and look forward to trying their night time tour if I ever go back to the island.

Sandra G, Owner at DiscoveReef, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hi Linda, we're so glad you were able to find us at our new location at Boating Made Easy, across from Lobster Pot Restaurant. We strive to ensure that our customers are absolutely thrilled with the DiscoveReef experience from the moment they call us to the moment we say goodbye, and I'm glad that the discount for your trouble proved that to you. We're thrilled that you and your husband loved reef gliding and were able to see the amazing marine life at Cheeseburger Reef while on our Reef Gliders. We would love to have you back for a Night Reef Gliding Session where you'll see amazing marine life that only comes out in evening. Please contact us before you visit Grand Cayman so that we can book your session...the Night Reef Gliding books up very quickly. We hope to see you soon!