“Thank you!”
Review of DiscoveReef

DiscoveReef
More attraction details
Owner description: DiscoveReef Day Sessions are an effortless snorkeling-type experience, perfect for snorkeling enthusiasts, non-swimmers, children, seniors and the mobility impaired. Whether you are an experienced snorkeler, a novice, or even if you are not a strong swimmer, you are free to explore and discover the reef on your very own Reef Glider.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just wanted to say as the first customer for Discovereef Cayman I was so so pleased with the experience, and the service was excellent. It was our last day in Cayman and my nephew really wanted to have a go on something like a Jet ski as he is so young he was not able to go on alone, but the reef glider was a perfect alternative. Harry was able to explore underwater while alone, although I did also go on as I had not seen anything like it before and even though I am a scuba diver and have been on many jet ski's I really enjoyed the relaxing experience of the Glider. So big Thanks to Michael and Alan for making helping to give a perfect end to our holiday! Will definitely do this again next trip can recommend 100%.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Irene D
Sandra G, Owner at DiscoveReef, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hi Irene, it was our pleasure to have you and your nephew, Harry, as our first customers. Our Reef Gliders are perfect for kids, as well as adults, and we're so happy that you both loved the experience of gliding over Cheeseburger Reef on our Reef Gliders. We hope to have you both back soon!

New York City, New York
“Never seen the reef like this before!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Wow. That's all I can say. I heard about this place from my cab driver (they gave me a pamphlet) and it looked really cool. They have what are called reef gliders, which look like little jet skis. They do a really neat tour at night that my hubby and I wanted to try but we were leaving Grand Cayman the next day and had to get up early so we opted for the day session. I was a bit nervous at first but Michael who works there was really helpful and went out towards the reef along with me. It took me less than 5 minutes to get used to the controls, then I was off chasing a school of little blue fish!!! Really awesome. We do a lot of snorkelling, but this was even better because I got to see way more stuff. My hubby thinks he saw a stingray!!!
My only complaint is that I didn't call in advance to book and so I didn't know that they moved locations (the pamphlet my cabby gave me must have been old). I showed up at the Cayman Cabana restaurant (which was okay because we grabbed a quick beer on their deck - LOL) and someone told me they'd moved to the beach across from Boating Made Easy. The staff were really apologetic when we told them, and they gave us a small discount for our trouble. :)
I definitely recommend this for anyone who loves to snorkel and look forward to trying their night time tour if I ever go back to the island.

Visited April 2014
Sandra G, Owner at DiscoveReef, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hi Linda, we're so glad you were able to find us at our new location at Boating Made Easy, across from Lobster Pot Restaurant. We strive to ensure that our customers are absolutely thrilled with the DiscoveReef experience from the moment they call us to the moment we say goodbye, and I'm glad that the discount for your trouble proved that to you. We're thrilled that you and your husband loved reef gliding and were able to see the amazing marine life at Cheeseburger Reef while on our Reef Gliders. We would love to have you back for a Night Reef Gliding Session where you'll see amazing marine life that only comes out in evening. Please contact us before you visit Grand Cayman so that we can book your session...the Night Reef Gliding books up very quickly. We hope to see you soon!