“Everyone must try when in Cayman”
Review of DiscoveReef

DiscoveReef
More attraction details
Owner description: DiscoveReef Day Sessions are an effortless snorkeling-type experience, perfect for snorkeling enthusiasts, non-swimmers, children, seniors and the mobility impaired. Whether you are an experienced snorkeler, a novice, or even if you are not a strong swimmer, you are free to explore and discover the reef on your very own Reef Glider.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I just need to let you know, I had some friends come and visit me in Cayman I had heard about Discovereef so I made some enquiry's because one of my friends cant swim, we was told they would be safe and would be able to have the experience of snorkeling without swimming, we had the best time ever it was so much fun and we got to see the amazing reef :) so thanks to Michael and Allan for our wonderful time.

2  Thank Tara O
Sandra G, Owner at DiscoveReef, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hi Tara, we're so glad you and your friend had a great time on our Reef Gliders. Customers who can't swim feel very safe on our Reef Gliders and never forget the experience of seeing a reef for the first time. I'm glad your friend had the same experience. Come back any time you're in Grand Cayman!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just wanted to say as the first customer for Discovereef Cayman I was so so pleased with the experience, and the service was excellent. It was our last day in Cayman and my nephew really wanted to have a go on something like a Jet ski as he is so young he was not able to go on alone, but the reef glider was a perfect alternative. Harry was able to explore underwater while alone, although I did also go on as I had not seen anything like it before and even though I am a scuba diver and have been on many jet ski's I really enjoyed the relaxing experience of the Glider. So big Thanks to Michael and Alan for making helping to give a perfect end to our holiday! Will definitely do this again next trip can recommend 100%.

1  Thank Irene D
Sandra G, Owner at DiscoveReef, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hi Irene, it was our pleasure to have you and your nephew, Harry, as our first customers. Our Reef Gliders are perfect for kids, as well as adults, and we're so happy that you both loved the experience of gliding over Cheeseburger Reef on our Reef Gliders. We hope to have you both back soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Wow. That's all I can say. I heard about this place from my cab driver (they gave me a pamphlet) and it looked really cool. They have what are called reef gliders, which look like little jet skis. They do a really neat tour at night that my hubby and I wanted to try but we were leaving Grand Cayman the next day and had to get up early so we opted for the day session. I was a bit nervous at first but Michael who works there was really helpful and went out towards the reef along with me. It took me less than 5 minutes to get used to the controls, then I was off chasing a school of little blue fish!!! Really awesome. We do a lot of snorkelling, but this was even better because I got to see way more stuff. My hubby thinks he saw a stingray!!!
My only complaint is that I didn't call in advance to book and so I didn't know that they moved locations (the pamphlet my cabby gave me must have been old). I showed up at the Cayman Cabana restaurant (which was okay because we grabbed a quick beer on their deck - LOL) and someone told me they'd moved to the beach across from Boating Made Easy. The staff were really apologetic when we told them, and they gave us a small discount for our trouble. :)
I definitely recommend this for anyone who loves to snorkel and look forward to trying their night time tour if I ever go back to the island.

Sandra G, Owner at DiscoveReef, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hi Linda, we're so glad you were able to find us at our new location at Boating Made Easy, across from Lobster Pot Restaurant. We strive to ensure that our customers are absolutely thrilled with the DiscoveReef experience from the moment they call us to the moment we say goodbye, and I'm glad that the discount for your trouble proved that to you. We're thrilled that you and your husband loved reef gliding and were able to see the amazing marine life at Cheeseburger Reef while on our Reef Gliders. We would love to have you back for a Night Reef Gliding Session where you'll see amazing marine life that only comes out in evening. Please contact us before you visit Grand Cayman so that we can book your session...the Night Reef Gliding books up very quickly. We hope to see you soon!