All reviews wine hour social hour beach restaurant grand cayman rooms are modern ocean view paddle boards fitness classes main restaurant tostada turn down service calico jacks bottle of champagne the ritz beautiful property moment you arrive pool bar
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Our first trip to Grand Cayman and to Kimpton Seafire and we couldn’t be happier. We splurged for a 10th anniversary and are still saying WOW. We wanted to feel like we were in paradise. Mission accomplished!
It looks better in person than it does in the pictures. The facility is about 2 years old, well planned and maintained, luxurious and just a delightful place to stay. Many of the guest we met were repeat customers who also raved of their experience.
The people that work here are some of the most memorable parts of our trip and I don’t think I can over emphasize the credit they deserve. We got to know many of them on a first name basis and committed them to a journal so we will always remember. They treated us like VIP’s and there were many perks throughout the week. I could ramble on for pages. They are from all parts of the world and some are fluent in multiple languages. It was a pleasure to experience such diversity and a hard working staff that speak well of and compliment each other, appeared to appreciate us, their jobs, and the opportunity to serve. It was our pleasure to extend more than the included 15% gratuity.
The $60 per day resort fee included many complimentary amenities at certain times of the day. Coffee, tea, Arnold palmers, chairs, umbrellas, snorkels, sailboats, bicycles and turn down service to name a few we utilized.
Cocoloba and Ave were beyond excellent and I have reviewed in more detail on trip advisor already.
The beach the ocean and the pool were delightfully warm. The sand was soft and clean.
The tide is mild and we stayed in for hours each day. Other guest indicated it was a favorite beach.
We were blessed with near perfect weather on our last 2 days. Other days were still very good but a quick afternoon shower was not unusual.

We made a special effort on the last day to say Thanks to many of the people who treated us so well. We followed a local tradition and said “See you soon” instead of Goodbye.

Looking forward to coming back even before we left. Dave and Debbie

Room Tip: We enjoyed looking out over the pool and West towards the ocean
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank U3311RQdavidb
SPAatSeafire, General Manager at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Dave and Debbie,
Happy Anniversary one more time! We can't wait for you to come back, it feels like family visiting, filling up our hearts with joy and making every of our jobs way more meaningful! We love to know you had a blast and only took great memories with you. Thank you for sharing.
See you soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2018

So I stayed here last July and couldn’t wait to return. Only this time I brought two kids under 10. Once again, everything was truly perfect. This is an ideal resort for a family. They made some nice additions which only added to the kids enjoyment. On the lawn the ping pong and foosball tables were a big hit. The hotel is simply amazing as no detail was spared. The rooms are immaculate and expertly decorated. The common areas are great and the beach and pool are breathtaking. However, what really separates this property is the staff. Every single staff member I encountered was smiling and friendly. Instead of just standing around you will often see them cleaning, picking up something or straightening something. They are very well trained and you can just tell treated right.

A number of staff members were just fantastic and they were Rabin (Ave), Talantbek (Ave), Henderson (pool), Kylie (front desk) and Edna (turn down service). When we walked into Ave Rabin and Talantbek even remembered us from the year prior. I can’t say enough great things about those two. They were so good with my kids that both of them would ask for them daily.

Housekeeping: The service is just fantastic. The rooms were spotless and even the hallways were well taken care of. Never did I see old room service outside someone’s door.

Room: The room and view were equally stunning. The bed was amazing and the bathroom was great with a large soaking tub and I noticed even the water pressure from last year was greatly improved. Despite it being a year later the room still looked brand new. The ocean views from the balcony were amazing especially the sunsets.

Service: As an inner circle member we certainly felt we were treated well. As I said, everyone we encountered was great. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. The management clearly knows what they are doing. This place is well run. You can just tell the staff are happy to help.

Common areas: My kids enjoyed that they had a pool table inside. They also provided free coffee in the morning. Such a simple thing that so many nicer hotels fail to do.

Excursions: I reviewed them individually so wont go into tremendous detail but we did the Sea Turtles and Stingrays. The sea turtle review was just OK and probably worth skipping. We noted that it was not very clean and was too crowded for the space even in the off season. Two of us also did the stingray, snorkel, starfish via the Seafire’s own boat. This was a great experience and we were able to do it on a day no cruise ships were in port. Picked up at the hotel, provided towels and the boat/crew was great.

Watersports: We tried just about all the non-motorized watersports including paddleboarding, ocean kayak, snorkeling and see trike. We skipped the sail boats. However, we did go for the banana boat which ws only $15 pp and we had a blast.

Pool: 3 tiers of perfection. My kids enjoyed the different spaces and there was always room to play without bothering other people. They have lounge chairs, couches and cabanas.

Beach: They have a lovely stretch of 7mile beach with tons of seating. They added a floating pad which was fun. When the cruise ships are in they have security and there is enough of a buffer that they we didn’t see any cruise passengers except when we walked off property. Coccolobo is right on the beach and has fantastic mexi-latin food.

Food & Drink: The options were plentiful with a good variety. We ate at Ave, Coccolobo and the pool. Each meal was good, the portions were good and we thought the pricing was fair for a resort and the clear quality of the food. The drinks were great. Had a variety of cocktails from frozen to mixed and all were great. The bar at Ave is really nice and they have very interesting cocktails. The wine during the happy hour was good as well.

Overall, this is a 5 star resort that earns those stars with great service and amenities. I would highly recommend staying here as you will not be disappointed. It’s an amazing resort that was expertly designed in both form and function with 5 star service and food. I can’t wait to go back and we are talking about making it our annual end of summer stop. My kids didn’t want to leave and can’t wait to return. Its been a few weeks and they are still mentioning the memories of it. Money well spent.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
SPAatSeafire, General Manager at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear David,
Wow, thank you a million for taking the time to leave such an amazing feedback and so detailed review, we absolutely appreciate it! We will definitely pass along the great shout outs to Rabin, Talantbek, Henderson, Kylie and Edna! amazing people, we are lucky to have them in our teams.
We are so glad to know we will see you and your family soon and possibly every year! we will definitely keep spoiling you, specially the little ones, you all deserve only great memories. And, we love to spoil our Inner Circle guests!
Looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed 6 September 2018

We got lucky and had a great room for 6 nights on the south side of the building which allowed for a nice resort view and a shady balcony for most of the time. The place is very expensive like everything else on Cayman. The rooms on the north side or east side of the building would look at the parking lots or an empty field under construction. So see if you can get the south or west sides if that is important for you. The beach cafe is nice for lunch and dinner. I would try to avoid the fancy dining inside. Way too expensive and pretty bland.

Room Tip: South or west side views are much nicer than north or east.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Runswim
SPAatSeafire, General Manager at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your feedback, we are happy to know that you had a great stay here with us at Seafire.
Do not hesitate to let us know how can we make your experience even better next time.
We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Beautiful hotel, great service. The staff is very welcoming. Stayed here for my honeymoon, and the manager Steven Andre was kind enough to send up a bottle of champagne. Thank you to him. Had a bit of an issue with the final bill however with the front desk, It took a a polite debate to clear up some, other charges I just took the hit because I didn't want to argue. Be aware of your charges of as we paid cash for drinks and what not, but saw several double charges that were placed onto our room. I would recommend to check your bill closely. Also purchased water throughout the stay, only to find out at check out that if you asked for water they give it to you complimentary. That would have been nice to know at check in. I would stay here again because of the beautiful property, nothing seems to come close.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amit S
SPAatSeafire, General Manager at Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Amit,
I am so happy to know you had a wonderful stay and you enjoyed the goodies, happy honeymoon one more time! I apologize for the wrong charges, I want you to know we do take this seriously and we would make the necessary reviews to guarantee billing accuracy at all times. Thank you again for sharing that feedback. We are happy to know you will be back and we look forward for that! We promise we will make to 5 Stars!
Cheers SPA

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We recently stayed at the Kimpton Seafire in the Cayman Islands and it was fantastic. The hotel was beautiful, the staff were great, the service was excellent and our two bedroom suite with spectacular views was incredible.
The Coccoloba restaurant and beach service was also amazing. the guy who runs the restaurant (I have forgotten his name) really made us feel welcome and we really enjoyed dinner there!

Room Tip: ocean front rooms on the south side of the building are by far the best
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hi there,
Thank you a million for the 5 stars review! we love to know you had such an amazing time here at Seafire! Looks like you enjoyed every single aspect of your vacations, well done, you deserve every bit of it.
Please come back to see us again soon!