“Good little beach bar”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Needed a bite to eat and something to wash away the salt water taste in our mouths so we cruised down 7 mile beach to Calico Jack's. we ordered our drinks both good and shared a grilled Mahdi sandwich which was very good. Three large pieces of Mahi with onion rings. Perfect lunch. Hit this spot up.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This place is all about location. Sipping on a frosty beverage while sticking my sand in the toes is the best feeling ever. Throw in an amazing sunset and it'll be one those memories that lasts a lifetime.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

A friend and I had visited calico jack, afterword we experienced the most explosive liquid diharrea either of us have ever experienced.   We are still shaking with stomach pain and have even decided to name our new stomach companions Martha Chesterfield and Natalie Wormwood.   Please avoid at all costs!

4  Thank Will M
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We really wanted to like this place, as it is truly located in a great spot, however it just didn't turn out that way. Both times we visited in the evening, around 9pm so we were on our own and not with a cruise excursion, so maybe that's why we had bad luck? As noted, we went two times, hoping that we just had luck on our first try, but it was bad two nights in a row, so that was that.

Both visits we experienced the following:
-slow service at the tables. Had to walk to the bar to get service. On the second night, we couldn't get decent service at the the bar - bartender told me I was in the wrong spot ... go to the other side.
-dirty - we had drinks here, and I definitely would not eat food from here based on what I saw...tables and bar surfaces were sticky (literally) and dirty
-patrons smoking at the bar and tables, so difficult to get a breath of fresh air
-overserving of liquor - on one night, one poor chap was so drunk he had to brace himself against a pillar at the bar to keep upright, shorts almost falling off, and he was still allowed to remain on the premises and to continue to consume
-again with the over serving - the other night, a group of girls so drunk they were staggering and yelling, and were still allowed remain and to consume
-I was allowed to run a tab the first night, however the second night I was told I had to leave my credit card at the bar to run a tab (no way was I going to do that at this establishment)
-this is not the restaurants fault, but one night we started to chat with some fellows, who then tried to hit us up telling us they were diving guides and would give us "a tank for $10". Seemed pretty sketchy and unsafe...but again, not the restaurants fault.

Anyways, as noted, we gave this place two tries, and that was enough. I suspect that at night after the cruise visitors leave in the afternoon, that this becomes a low rent place for young expats.

1  Thank Bob G
Reviewed 2 June 2014

after taking the public bus over to 7 mile beach and renting chairs on this beautiul beach. we went over to calico jacks for lunch. The food was very good, service was extremely friendly. Although you have to be careful because of the currency conversion. Mahi samwidch was great.

1  Thank PiratesOfTheCarib