“Great restaurant”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We ate dinner there on Saturday evening when there was live jazz. Ate outside which was very nice. Service very good and everyone was happy with their meal. Lunch was very good and the service was great.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

There are so many great restaurants in Grand Cayman. Hemingway's was one of my favorite meals. The seafood was amazing - very fresh. You can have it prepared any way you like, and topped with a variety of sauces. I did the blackened snapper (spicy) topped with tamarind chutney (sweet) for a fantastic taste experience. Don't miss this place if you love seafood! THe service was impeccable. (And our bill with wine, one shared appetizer, and dessert each came to about $140 USD.)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Service was superb! The chef sent us a small tuna appetizer with a cream cheese sauce.... AMAZING!! Mahi Mahi was very tasty. Fresh plantain chips were my 7 year old's favorite.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have gone to Hemingway's with 3 times now, 2 with a group and one with my wife. My wife and I have entertained the group we dive with (Cayman Turtle Divers), and our families here. We especially enjoy the Saturday night live music. Its mellow and enjoyable to dance to. This restaurant is family friendly. The food is not overpriced. The all you can eat grilled shrimp on Saturdays is always a hit. The beachfront location of the restaurant makes this a great evening choice for sunset. Highly recommended. I have heard positive things about the Brunch.

1  Thank 15Fathoms
Reviewed 2 July 2014

It doesn't get much better than Sunday brunch at Hemingway's. Back home, in Kohler WI, the American Club serves up a fantastic and extensive brunch but, Hemingway's tops even what had been previously deemed the best by our family. The mimosas kept flowing, the buffets were kept full and spotless and all the food was fresh, colorful and delicious. Not to be missed while on island!

1  Thank Lisa B