“Good food and happy hour drinks”
Review of Thai Orchid

Thai Orchid
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Opens at 1700 during the week for dinner and they have happy hour drink and appetizer specials. Thai and sushi options for entrees. Good food and fancy electronic/tablet menus.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

i have eaten at many Thai restaurants and this was one I had to write a review about. The entree I had was fantastic with an app and some sushi we split the entree and I was full. But it was so good I could have eaten it all by myself!!! The flavour was spicy, sweet and very full with authenticity. If I go back to the Grand Cayman... here for dinner and Star Point Beach for the afternoon!

1  Thank TNAnge
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have been here to get a lunch during business meeting. The location is great, at Queen's court/plaza in Seven Mile Beach, which is next to some other businesses (gym, souvenir shop, and next to the main road). The staffs were very friendly and greeted everyone one who walked in and out. I ordered some sushi, the main course and some drinks, all exactly as described on the menu. The price might not be on the low league, but I think it is worth a visit.

1  Thank IRT_1
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I guess being on Grand Cayman, I expected any restaurant to be outstanding (given the availability of product and talent of chefs). So I was disppointed to eat at Thai Orchid for the amount of money everything cost.

Thai Orchid is located ina tiny strip, on the water side of Seven Mile Beach. (You will walk/drive right past it, if you don't know which mall it is in.) The restaurant is BEAUTIFUL inside. The owners have obviously spent a great deal of time decorating the restaurant, so that the diner almost feels tranprted to Thailand. Very tropical and lavish.

However, to me the food did not live up to expectations. You see, my husbad and I come from the East Caost - NJ near NYC to be exact. We live where there are a fair number of Asian, and Thai, restaurants. So getting flavorful, aromatic, food, decorated with flowers, etc. is something we are well accustomed to; even inexpensive Thai restaurants back home provide that type of atmosphere.

Well, the food here at Thai Orchid is certainly good. But the portions are small, and so we were forced to order more items (extra rice, dessert, etc.) There was no entertianment, and the servers were not wearing exotic outfits. But we still spent more than $100US for 2 (without liquor).

Again, a lovely restaurant. But looks alone do not warrant these high prices.

Thai O, Owner at Thai Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Laura,

First, thank you for visiting Thai Orchid on your vacation, we hope you are having or had a wonderful time In Cayman, and please return :)

As expected, we often get compared to Thai restaurants in the States - though we feel Thai Orchid to be as unique as Cayman is to the rest of the world. We are not a Authentic Thai restaurant, we serve a our version of Authentic Bangkok cuisine made but Bangkok chefs plus a wide variety of fusion specials and local ingredients. Though we will work harder to improve the atmosphere (as far as entertainment we no longer can get a permit for that... you kinda have to know the Island to understand)

As prices go we feel they are normal for the quality of food we buy for the restaurant, unlike much of the island we don't buy and freezer our food. Everything you eat is bought that day, cut & prepped, and served to you. This is one reason we have been a local favorite for 15 years.

I hope this answers any concerns you had with Thai Orchid - and thank you so much for visiting and reviewing.

Suladda May
Owner

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I've probably been here 4 times. It gets better every year! The Thom Kai Gah soup was delicate and fragrant, and the Pad Thai was perfect. My son is a chef, so I'm pretty picky. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank BlondeNative2