“Very Good Chef”

Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: LUCA Restaurant presents an impressive contemporary Italian menu in a sleek upscale interior and canopied patio with breathtaking views of the infinity pool to Seven Mile Beach and the Caribbean Sea beyond.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Everything here, including all the pasta is handmade/homemade by real Italians! Offered is exquisite Italian Fare with a light twist. Huge menu offerings, huge wine list. Eat outside overlooking the pool and Gulf. The service is very attentive, at times perhaps too much so. It isn't cheap, but it is worth it!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I were looking forward to dining at Luca on our 20th anniversary trip to Grand Cayman. It had gotten rave reviews for both food and atmosphere. We got a lukewarm reception at best and both the hostess and waitress addressed us while looking in another direction. I've never considered us that bad to look at, but these two had me questioning myself:(. The food was ok.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Luca is an Italian themed restaurant on the ground floor of a great condo - Club Caribbean. The food was good, the service ok - a bit slow - but the place lacks a buzz so no great atmosphere. Given this place serves the condo apartments don't be surprised to be sitting amongst large family gatherings.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Four of us ate Sunday brunch at Luca on May 4th and had an outstanding experience. The variety of food was very broad and included everything from sushi, seared tuna, shrimp, oysters on the half shell, oysters baked in a half shell, huge cocktail shrimp, fruits including several types of berries, mango, salads, pasta made-to-order, fish a couple of ways, rack of lamb, beef wellington, lamb chops, veggies made many ways, a huge assortment of deserts, and many other items that I have a difficult time remembering. Everyone in our group found lots of favorites to enjoy, and oh yes, we opted for the unlimited bubbly and the staff would keep your glass full (plus or minus juice) throughout your meal. Staff continuously rounded to take excellent care of us. We tried to get in the following week (Mothers' Day) but they were booked over a week ahead.

I would suggest reservations well ahead of time, which can be done on their web site. We choose to sit outside on the patio, which was a beautiful setting and was shaded by a canopy. Luca Sunday brunch will be on our standing agenda when we visit Grand Cayman due to our highly positive experience.

3  Thank Biggs73
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I ate here for our 35th wedding anniversary. The food was delicious and the decor trendy with a very friendly staff. My husband who ordered the tuna, said it was the "best tuna he had ever had" and this comes from someone who orders it medium to well! The wine selection is vast and of course, who could not love eating outside with the sound of the beach nearby.

2  Thank Lynne N