“Inconceivable... almost comical how incompetent and bad it was”

The Blue Iguana Grill
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located at the Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman, the Blue Iguana Grill and Lounge serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy dining in our restaurant offering poolside and North Sound views or on our covered outdoor patio. Indulge in coastal-inspired cuisine. Our menu features a variety of tantalizing local specialties sure to suit any taste. The scenic Iguana Lounge is also the perfect setting to enjoy light fare or a favorite cocktail. We welcome special events and banquet functions. Every Thursday, rain or shine, we put on an ocean-side BBQ and jam night. The centerpiece of our upcoming buffet will be a hardwood burning open grill that uses local woods. We will be marinating and grilling Citrus Snapper, Coconut Milk and Ginger Cobia, Big Easy Mahi, Achiote Chicken, Root Beer Pork and assorted grilled seasonal vegetables and breads. We will be producing some bright and wild flavors in a beautiful spot overlooking the North Sound. We will be featuring CI$4.95 mango mojitos and fresh fruit rum punches. We will have a cold table with local tomatoes, pasta salads and fruits, salads and pastry chef driven desserts. Dinner Buffet- 5:30pm to 8:30pm each Thursday. Live Music from 6:00pm-8:00pm • CI$19.95 for adults * • CI$12.95 for kids from 12-7 years * Kids 6 and under FREE *Prices include a free non-alcoholic beverage. Come on down and join us Oceanside. We look forward to seeing you then.
Reviewed 27 December 2013

After searching out food for a good hour on bicycles on Christmas day, we came to the realization that everything was closed except for the hotel restaurants. As we were exhausted having been travelling the night before on a redeye, we decided to go back to our hotel's restaurant, the Blue Iguana. When I looked it up on Tripadvisor and saw it was ranked 24th of 49 restaurants on Seven Mile Beach, I was a bit concerned, but too tired to make additional effort. What scares me is there are 25 restaurants worse than this one. I can't believe this is possible. Being on an island where fish would be local, we ordered mahi mahi fish tacos. It was just about the only thing on the menu that was using local food, as everything else was burgers and fries and chicken fingers and other fried frozen pieces of garbage. We should have known when we were the only ones in the restaurant that there was a reason. The tacos arrived and the fish looked good, but they had covered it in imitation American cheese food, and served it with guacamole paste obviously not fresh, bottled salsa that tasted horrible and sour cream that I can't complain about. As hungry as we were, we choked them down, and headed to bed for a good twelve hours of rest. Not getting enough of a good thing for Christmas dinner, we returned the following morning for breakfast on the 26th, ordering a ham, egg and cheese croissant and eggs Florentine. I got a bacon egg and cheese croissant, but didn't bother to argue, as it would have taken them another 45 minutes to make it. When I asked for salt, they didn't have any shakers, but brought me some in a plastic dish. Seriously? no salt shakers? After taking the order, the waitress returned 15 minutes later to inform us they didn't have any English muffins, so they would be putting the eggs over biscuits. When my girlfriend asked for alternatives, she was told biscuits was the only choice. I suggested the croissant, and the waitress agreed that they could do that as well. They came out with barely enough powder and water made from a packet hollandaise to cover the egg, and the spinach was almost grey from being so overcooked. Getting a check was another exercise in patience, as the waitress had 2 other customers and seemed to be overwhelmed. Returning that evening to get a beer, as I didn't think they could screw that up, the bartender started to pour a draft and the keg went to foam 1/3 of the pour in. She said not to worry, I could wait 5 minutes and she would change the keg. Ten minutes later, she reappeared telling me she had bad news- she couldn't find the keys to get into the fridge where the kegs were stored. I just started laughing and told her to give me a different one in a bottle. Thank god I am leaving this place today, off to greener pastures in Honduras!

There are newer reviews for The Blue Iguana Grill

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Good food with nice indoor and outdoor seating near the pool. Located at the Holiday Inn, we did not have a bad meal. It appeared they may have been short staffed and this caused the slow service. Our 4 year old ate free with our 2 paid meals.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great dining experience for breakfast and lunch. Thoroughly enjoyed the grilled salmon lunch entree with sauce and dinner salad. Fabulous taste. Great service from wait staff. My husband enjoyed his Grouper Sandwich also. Said it was one of the best ever that he had had on the
island.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

You have got to try their Mudslides and also a slice of Key Lime pie. Breakfast, lunch and dinners were all good. Staff was very friendly and enjoyable.

1  Thank hrceb2
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The staff was very professional and attentive to our needs.
The chef provided daily island variety and American food style options. So yummy!
We ate there everyday.