“Cried when I left! I did NOT want to go home!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beachcomber Grand Cayman

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seven Mile Beach
Beachcomber Grand Cayman
Baltimore, MD
“Cried when I left! I did NOT want to go home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

If heaven had a beach this is what it would look like! We stayed from Oct 8-16. I was very nervous with the weather report ,but, we had AMAZING weather all week! If it drizzled it was still sunny out. We had the beach all to ourselves. Not crowded at all. Everyone is friendly on this island. The amentities are amazing. I will not be traveling anymore to any other island but SMB Grand Cayman. I have found my paradise. Their is a lovely food store across the street as is other amentities with in walking distance. My only gripe is, be careful crossing the street!!! Our unit was clean and beautiful. We stayed in unit 33. Two bedroom both with king beds! The master bedroom is on the street and it can be a bit noisy but you are so tired from being out on the beach all day and then going to dinner, you barely notice. However, if you are sensitive to noise and sleep bring ear plugs. The Beachcomber is a lovely place to stay. Everyone walking the beach kept stopping to admire it and would ask questions about it. It is a beautiful building with amazing staff. You will NOT be disappointed staying here especially in the off season because there is NO crowd. I don;t know how it is on the on season but the off season is truly tranquil! Now for the restaurants we went to
Luca at Caribbean Club (5 minute walk from beachcomber)- stylish chic atmosphere and wonderfully delicious chef creations
Grand Old House (Georgetown- 10 minute taxi ride)- I would have to say to definately visit here. It is such a historic romantic classic with incredible taste of the islands! One of my favs!
The Wharf(5 minute taxi ride)- great restaurant with great food! Make sure to get a table outside on the water!
Copper Falls Steak House - this is the place for steak lovers! Stylish restaurant that won't disappoint! (within walking distance across the street)
Edoardos (across thes treet) very happening place, delicious italian food, perfect for nights to eat out on the balcony but do not feel like cooking just go across the street for pick up!
Wonton Restaurant- mediocre- skip this one! did not have any sushi rolls, you could get something like this back home
Lobster Pot- another favorite of mine- mmm mmm mmm! Classic Cayman food! Great view! Highly recommended!
Ginos Pizza - great pizza!
We really wanted to dine at the Ritz but we were disappointed - we went over at night and nothing was lit up, you think for a big place like that, they could at least light it up and make it pretty to walk around, seemed like the restaurants weren't opened and when they were odd hours. I enquired about Perriwinkle and it was closed down. In Cayman Taste mag they talked about PRIME having a EN FUEGO steak night on thursday which they dont do and Blue was way toooooo dressy to deal with after being on the beach all day and the menu was blah to me. All the lounges were dark and no beach appeal at all. We walked around and yes it is beautiful classy elegance but the decor was lacking for the location. I wanted beach glitz glamour not the feeling of visiting your rich grandparents house. Didn't get a chance to visit the famous silver rain la prairie spa bcause the weather was toooooooo perfect to waste an hour inside! If you like sophistication, beautiful beach setting with people around you with wonderful friendly ettiquette with amazing style and grace then this is the place for you!!!! I am dreaming until when we can go back!!! This time much longer time. Also, check out Camana Bay! And be prepared to spend monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnney! If you don't like to spend money on vacation this isn't the place for you and if you like to party all night long this isn't place as they are very strict about their laws. Please feel free to contact me about any other questions you may have!
I LOVE BEACHCOMBER AND SEVEN MILE BEACH!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Lainy0957

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

I never usually write on these websites but I just have to say what a fabulous vacation we had staying at Beachcomber. It's right on Seven Mile Beach and our apartment number 23 was more than we could have dreamed of.
It is a corner villa on the fourth floor giving it such an amazing view of the whole beach and decorated so beautifully.
The staff were helpful and friendly and the beach was quiet and well kept with lovely infinity pool too.
I'd highly recommend the location and the apartment.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank PammyPatty
Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

My wife and I have travelled all over the world, and stayed at some very nice places. The Beachcomber, was by far, the best value for the money. It was private, quiet, and never crowded, as other resorts in the area seemed to be. The service was impeccable, and our housemaid, in villa 21 was always keeping things comfortable and clean. My two year old son enjoyed being so close to the beach . . . and we rented a car to go out . . . never far from anything to do. We will return to the Beachcomber, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sbaltz4856
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

The Beachcomber is a very nice property on Seven Mile Beach. We stayed in a 2 bedroom and 2 bath condo on the sixth floor. The living room and kitchen opened out to a large balcony with an amazing view of the ocean and beach. Our bedrooms were a nice size as well as the master bathroom. My only complaint was that the master bedroom was on the side of the busy road outside and the noise was a bit much when trying to sleep and the blinds let in way too much light which also wasn't great for sleeping. Sleeping with the ceiling fan on helped muffle some of the noise though. The other bedroom was quiet and perfectly dark for sleeping. When we arrived everything was clean and fresh smelling, however, as we came closer to the end of the stay the maid services declined considerably. We don't know if it had anything to do with gratuity already being included. Overall, though the Beachcomber is a beautiful place to stay and we would stay there again. I will just book a different condo where the bedroom isn't next to the street.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank happy2travel84
Wilton CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

Great spot to stay with kids 10 and 12yrso. The location and accomodations are great the place is kept very very clean.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank speraino
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

Just returned from my first trip to the Cayman Islands and I can't stop thinking about it and the wonderful time we had. The condo was even better than in the photos - really big and had beautiful furniture. Beds were comfy, and there were plenty of towels, including beach towels (and they smelt great too) The screen porch was the perfect place to take in the sunrise or sunset each day. The water in front of the hotel was sparkling clean and crystal clear blue and so calm - I could just float all day in it! The kitchen was beautiful and fully equipped with brand new appliances. There is an American style grocery across the street as well as a few restaurants (Chinese place was good, and reasonably priced). If you are so inclined, you may want to pick up some things at one of the liquor stores as mixed drinks are very expensive on the island. There are plenty of loungers and umbrellas on the beach, some days there were only a few people on our beach. Two families "hogged" the only 2 palapas every day, but we were OK with an umbrella. Pool and hot tubs were great and kept very clean as were the grounds, including the sand. The beach is perfect for swimming - nice soft sand underfoot, and for those who wanted to snorkel, there were reefs not too far off shore.
I had only one small issue with the condo which is really a design flaw more than anything. The unit is designed with the master bedroom on the street side, and there is an amazing amount of traffic on West Bay Road. It was a bit hard to fall asleep the first couple of nights, but then I got used to it. Also, the roosters start crowing at 5 am, and they too are on the street outside the hotel. This was a very small blooper, it would not affect me staying here again as the units are spectacular and are ideally located on 7 mile beach.
Be sure to see the stingrays at Stingray City and if you can, swim with the dolphins - an experience of a lifetime. If you are a Guy Harvey fan, be sure to visit his store in GeorgeTown and if you are lucky (like me) he will be there to sign your t-shirt.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank caymanfan2010
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

I think the new Beachcomber is less than a year old. The exterior has a very cool infinity pool that is almost as long as the property is wide, and a jacuzzi on each end (& gas grills and teki huts). The interior of unit #17 is beautiful and because it's an end unit, it has breathtaking views of the beach from the kitchen, dining room and the living room. It's on the 3rd floor which gives the unit a super-large terrace overlooking the pool and ocean. The Beachcomber is a first class property, and #17 is fully equipped and we think the best overall unit in which to enjoy a 7-mile beach vacation. And the professional staff could not have been nicer!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple