Pro: good hotel, clean, on par with regular American Marriott. Mini-fridges in room to keep food in. The room was of average American hotel size, so there is room to move around. Coffee-maker in room and the water is drinkable from the tap. The beach service is great - both with setting up chairs and umbrellas as well as the bar service for drinks/food. The water in front of the hotel is calm enough to play in and swim in, and once you get out a little bit, there's a small amount of reef - so you can actually snorkel right in front of the hotel. Really nice beach towels!
Con: the beach is narrow/shallow. You are sandwiched in with the chairs and there isn't a ton of room for playing in the sand. We didn't have issues with it but it's dramatic. And I can't stress this enough: Cayman is expensive. Their dollar is 25% more costly than ours, plus they add a 15% service charge to just about everything, and Cayman prices are very similar to American prices. So even though the hotel cost is reasonable, you are going to spend money on food. Nothing is free - even a cup of coffee in the lobby is going to cost $4. Having said that, stores to buy food are within walking distance of the hotel. So if you get a package where breakfast is included and you buy food for lunch, you could cut down your costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands