After reading many reviews, I was skeptical about booking here. This hotel went above and beyond to make you feel welcomed. When you arrive, they offer you welcome drinks and rum cake! There is flavored water available in the lobby during the day and a water cooler at the pool. The beach is very small, but the whole island's beaches are small. The pool is also small. It wasn't hard to get chairs at the beach before 10am either. The staff will drill umbrella's in the sand for you (Courtney was a super nice) and when the sun moved, they came around and asked you if you wanted your umbrella moved. There are plenty of toys there for your kids to play with and the snorkeling is great. There are also raft discs in the ocean to layout on. Every morning they brought out the parrot to hold and get pics with.
As for food...plenty of places within walking distance, other than constantly eating at the hotel. Cimboco was really good and Cafe del Sol. All of the restaurants have free wifi...would never of paid for the Marriott's wifi since you could just go across the street. Also, ate at Fridel Murray's and Coconut Joes. Both ok places. The hotel does have happy hour from 5-7 at Sol bar. I would recommend walking a few blocks down the road (pasted Coconut Joe's) and go to Big Daddy's Market and get your own alcohol.
A taxi ride to and from the airport is 18.75 US. Make sure you clarify with your driver that this is the rate!
A bus ride around the island is 2.50 US. Only took the bus once, to see what the hype about the Ritz was. It was nice and the pool/beach was a lot bigger, but the cost difference isn't worth it.
The Marriott is definitely a good value for the money. I would definitely go back again! Everyone who works there is so genuinely kind...they aren't just being pushy for tips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands