“Highly recomend this hotel”

Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Highly recomend this hotel”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

If you walk around "The Rock" local for Grand Cayman, you'll know that it's not one of the top beach destinations of the world. So you work with what you have and this hotel is one of if not the top on 7mile beach. They include nice huge rafts secured in the water, nice chairs, always clean a great pool and reasonable prices. They cater to everyone, bands on Friday's, stuff for kids and family's. The staff was incredible. First day made housekeeping friends with Ms. Brown, asked for a simple power cord for a lamp and done. All new upgraded rooms and carpet. Coffee service with refills every morning and the nicest young lady who remembers your name so I should remember hers, it's Jenny. Doormen were great help...I'm back when I return to The Rock.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank primagerm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,549)
  • Polish first
Floral Park, New York
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had a perfect vacation. We travel often and have never been in a resort with such great service. Everyone knew your name by the second day. They sent wine, fruit and cheese to our room to help us celebrate our anniversary. On lobster night, they sent over a special dessert. Lobster night, although a bit pricey, had excellent food and unlimited lobster. Service on the beach was tremendous, Stephanie was always there to take your food and drink order and Courtney moved our umbrella religiously as the sun moved. Make sure you don't miss a Captain Marvin trip to Stingray City!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick N
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Just returned from a wonderful family vacation. The hotel is nice but food is definitely over priced. We ate breakfast across the street at Coconut Joes and dinner a few times. I liked that we were within walking distance of several other restaurants. Cimbocco was good and chicken chicken was as well. Only problem I had was that several families were using facilities like beach chairs and rafts in front of hotel and they were from condos next door. We paid to stay at Marriott and should have first choice. It can get crowded and I should be able to have a beach chair or raft especially if we're staying at the resort ! Also too many people smoking cigars and cigarettes had to ask for help moving them to smoking section on the beach which rules weren't being implemented! We used Tour Cayman for excursions half the price of red sail and they are all locals. They were excellent! They have parrots in front of hotel with no food or water and I complained several times to the front desk and nothing was done about it very disappointed its animal cruelty! Can't say I would return but we did manage to have a good time! Just bring your own snacks!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Taotom
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 10 November 2013

If you are lucky enough to get an ocean view, I wasn't, you wake with a beautiful view each morning and relax with a cocktail on the balcony at night. The staff are friendly, many of them Filipino so there is always a smile. The beach is stunning and the water generally clear. Just a short walk up the beach is a pleasant bar and several restaurants are close by, walking distance for sure. The rooms are spacious, during my stay there were several areas of renovation being done so I think the completed product will be great.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean view at the front
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steveyinasia
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here and can't say enough good things! The staff was nice and friendly and all around wonderful. The hotel is in a great location and there are great restaurants and shops within walking distance. The first night we were in Grand Cayman we had a private dinner on the beach. It was pricey, but worth paying for. The sunset is incredible!
We went to the beach early each morning and it was not too busy. I purchased fish food from the gift shop and feed the fish each morning. The guys that worked in the beach area were quick to offer umbrellas and were helpful to talk to.
Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shines78
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Let me begin by stating two things, I am used to getting great deals on 4 & 5 star hotels & I usually stay at high caliber resorts or AmEx fine hotels in the Caribbean. If you are like me, you will be disappointed with this establishment. I don't usually stay at Marriotts for vacation, but gave this a try because of the reviews, the Westin was booked & I was told the Ritz wasn't on the beach. It is clear that some of the great reviews are planted b/c they don't mention the beach. The staff is pleasant, but inefficient. Not provided with a list of resort services at check-in. At 4-star resorts, you receive a welcome package at check-in. I am used to receiving a basic welcome letter, information on resort amenities and brochures upon check-in. I rated the value poor because I am used to getting superior service & quality for the price. The beach photos are an optical illusion. The BEACH IS ALMOST NON-EXISTENT for a resort this size & over crowded. PEOPLE ARE ON TOP OF EACH OTHER. That said, I was still on the beach for over a hour before I decided to ask the beach attendant if anyone was working. The newly renovated room, lobby, bar/lounge are good. This hotel is okay, but not 4 or 5 star.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MrsY_2010
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel was nice our room was spacious and we were given a partial view of the ocean. The elevators are really far from the rooms, but after a few days we figured out there were other elevator options closer by but wouldn't have known that unless we poked around. The hotel food is super expensive so I would just go to Coconut Joe's across the street where they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are other options outside of the resort as well.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple