The property doesn't feel like a resort but rather like a hotel. Lobby is unimmpressive. Courtyard is beautiful, but the beach is a joke. It is more like 20-30 Foot Beach rather than Seven Mile Beach. Here are the CONS: limited beach space(felt like I was on Spring Break all crammed in together), 3 room taxes per night which equal another night's stay, not all of the staff are friendly and accomodating, beach lounge chairs are VERY uncomfortable, we didn't receive our free punch or rum cake upon check-in(when we asked the next day, the rum cake was handed to us with a bit of an attitude), had to ask for the Sunset Chair to be set up(and again with an attitude). PROS: clean room, spacious bathroom, great view for a partial view(room 566), walking distance to a few great spots(Coconut Joe's and Camana Bay), food was really good at Sol Bar and Balboas, Dannis from Sol was a real sweetheart, Courtney and Omar(bellman) always greeted us with a smile and some shared laughs and Waleed help set us up on the beach.
Unfortunately we had 1 1/2 days or rain. However, we were four friends(and moms) who escaped for a long weekend and still managed to have a great time. The amount we paid per night was roughly $700 and the property didn't feel like that at all. I don't get the allure of Grand Cayman and I have to say I will never go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands