Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$167
ComfortSuites
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$339
US$202
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$308
US$544
US$496
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
US$781
US$666
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$240
Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa(Seven Mile Beach)
US$574
US$523
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$140
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
5,704 results
All reviewsanchor denveranda restaurantturtle lagooncrepescourtyard viewgrand caymanlobster nightreef ballsfishartificial reefgelatored sailacross the streetan umbrellaall you can eatkids clubresort fee
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the marriott for 4 nights in March 2014 for a conference. Rooms were clean. Pool area is quite small and the photos overestimate it's size. Nice beach but again very crowded. Lots if umbrellas which is really fantastic. Beware of one thing - their "water sports concierge" is not a true concierge but an employee of Red Sail Sports. Therefore, water sports concierge is quite biased.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank shtj
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear shari t, thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your kind comments on our clean rooms and nice beach. With it being Spring Break, all the beaches in Cayman are very busy during this peak time of year. That being said, I am happy to hear that you still enjoyed your vacation and your time on our beach!

Did you have the chance to experience the Artificial Reef Project, which is just a short swim from the hotel’s beachfront? Many of our guests tell us that they really enjoy exploring the man-made reef balls and often bring breadcrumbs to feed the colorful fish that surround the area.

You may be interested to hear that the Marriott Grand Cayman will be undergoing an extensive renovation in September, which will include our lobby, restaurants as well as other communal areas. It is going to completely change the look and feel of our hotel and we hope to welcome you back during your next trip to Cayman to check out all the exciting enhancements.

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My family stayed 4 nights, the hotel employees were the most helpful and friendly of any staff at a Marriott property I have ever experienced, and I am a Gold member for Marriott. Special thanks to Wendy and Ravi, our little granddaughter Riley was treated like a Queen. Many many thanks to our new Cayman friends!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chuck H

Dear Chuck H, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!

We really appreciate your kind comments about our employees. I agree, I think they are the best in Cayman! It is a wonderful compliment to hear that our employees were the most helpful and friendly of any staff at a Marriott property that you have experienced. I will make sure to pass on your encouraging comments to Wendy and Ravi.

You mentioned that your grand daughter was with you during this trip. Was she old enough to participate in our Kids Club? When my General Manager asked me to come up with a kids’ program I wanted to offer our families something different rather than having a Kids Club where children just end up watching movies and playing on the PlayStation. I thought about all the activities that we used to enjoy from our childhood – so Kathryn (the Kids Club leader) and I chose activities that families could do together such as kite flying, spending time by a bonfire and building boats to race in the Turtle Lagoon. Our aim was to make it less about technology and more about re-connection. We hope she enjoyed herself and you were able to indulge in some of the fun family activities that our hotel has to offer!

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful island again very soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Two years ago we had an incredible experience at the Marriott Grand Cayman resort. My wife and I are both Marriott Gold members and we have stayed at many different Marriott Hotels over the years. What impressed us then were the people who worked there who truly treated us like royalty.
So several weeks ago, when I was planning a last minute vacation with my daughter who was home for Spring Break, this was the first place we thought of trying.
During our last visit, we had been fortunate to meet up with Ingrid Chaves, the Director of Rooms Operations, and I had kept in touch with her since we left. When I emailed her to tell her we were coming back, she welcomed us with open arms, and the next thing we knew…we learned we were being upgraded to a room with a balcony too!
After arriving in the Grand Cayman, we went to the taxi stand and told them we needed a ride to the Marriott. A Marriott representative overheard our request and asked us our name. 15 minutes later we got a big surprise. As we arrived at the hotel, we had barely gotten out of the cab when we were met by Pamela Lea Plaza, a hotel supervisor. Next thing we knew, our luggage was being taken and we were being led to the Elite Check in where Caleb gave us a drink and some little sponge cakes. Pamela and Caleb told us how much they appreciate our loyalty and Pamela personally took us to a beautiful room with a fantastic view. All my daughter could say was, “OMG! I can’t believe this dad!”
To us the most amazing thing was that many of the people who had taken care of us 2 years ago, either remembered us by face or by name. For example, a couple days into our trip, Omar the doorman looked at me and said that he knew we’d been there before by our faces.
And once we got on the beach, Dannis came by to serve us. I looked at him and said I remembered him because he was the best server we ever had. This guy really rocks…he will remember the drinks you like, and will bring you water when it’s hot without you asking. The next best server, who remembered my last name, was Leonard…again very good. Now not every server was awesome…there were a couple of newer servers who you could tell were just learning the ropes…and definitely needed a little work…so I took it upon myself to offer some constructive criticism to Kendra Stuck, the Food and Beverage Supervisor. She was actually very appreciative of the feedback and even comped us for lunch…something we didn’t expect but definitely appreciated. She also remembered our names throughout the entire vacation…again something that we do not see in other hotels.
In the hotel’s Red Parrott restaurant we asked the server if they could make my daughter a plate of grilled shrimp, a dish that wasn’t even on the menu. The server spoke with Franz, the Chef and he came out to meet us. He asked us if we would prefer regular shrimp or larger prawns that they also had available. We went for the regular shrimp and he made it for my daughter for 3 separate dinners.
We also had a funny situation at breakfast in the Red Parrott on one occasion. As we were getting in line for omelets, a server named Mirna asked us if we would like pineapple juice with our breakfast. It caught us by surprise, but then we realized that she had been our server several days before and remembered what we liked. She then came over to our table and asked us how our vacation was going, etc.
Everything is not always perfect of course, but when it isn’t, they make things right. We had one dinner that was delayed and frankly, it annoyed me. I found the Food and Beverage Manager, Marc Mata, and was very frank with him about being aggravated. He apologized, explained why things were delayed (there actually was a good reason) and then proceeded to give us a drink, a special dessert and told us our dinner was on the house. And Franz came out and also apologized for the delay. To me, this epitomized the way to treat customers.
Finally, I want to give a shout out to Rafael Trivelli, the Senior Front Desk Supervisor and for Alex, who also worked at the front desk and gave me great information about the Turtle Farm where my daughter and I saw huge sea turtles, sharks and other fish. We snorkeled with the turtles; a very cool experience. Alex later fixed my bill when I realized I had forgotten to use a 20% off coupon that I had received for a meal. I gave him my Moby Dick paperback which I had read…if he has the stamina to get through the 655 pages…more power to him!
We have stayed at many Marriott hotels and have dealt with many outstanding people at those hotels. But we think that the people who work in this Marriott are the friendliest and most considerate anywhere. I think that it must be how they are trained. They take an interest in their customers and truly speak with them. Even Murine who gives out towels recognized me as a previous guest, asked me several times about how things were going, and gave us some suggestions of things we might like to do. (By the way, the wave runners were fun too…we did an hour, but you could have a great time for a half hour and save some money too.)
The beach was definitely crowded, but the water is a beautiful turquoise color (as pretty as Negril in Jamaica) and you can just walk in and snorkel.
A couple final notes…Coconut Joe’s across the street was good for several breakfasts and lunches. And you need to walk about 10 minutes to the left of the hotel to the Camana Bay restaurants and shops. We ate dinner at Abacus one night and it was very good.
All in all, it was a great get away for us…and if you are looking for outstanding service, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Doug K
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Doug K, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review of our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your second stay with us!

I have to agree with all your kind comments about Marriott Grand Cayman having the friendliest and most considerate staff. I too believe we have the best team in Cayman! All of them really go out of their way to make sure that our guests are enjoying their time with us.

We also appreciate how stressful travelling can be! We really focus on making the arrival experience of our guests as pleasant as possible. Therefore we are delighted to hear that our excellent customer service and welcome during your arrival did not go unnoticed.

Especially nowadays, there is so much hassle that goes along with flying – from dealing with tight security procedures at the airport and getting on a cramped and uncomfortable plane to arriving at your destination only to be welcomed by lines to get through Immigration and Customs, retrieve your luggage and even to catch a taxi – we know that that the ‘beginning’ of a vacation is not usually fun. But once you get to our hotel, we want all of the stress of travelling to melt away. We want you to feel that you have finally ‘arrived’ and your vacation has officially begun.

Thank you so much for acknowledging the efforts of Ingrid, Pamela and the rest of the team – everyone will be thrilled to hear that they made such a positive impression on your time with us.

I noticed that you took a few pictures of the beautiful Cayman sunset – did you and your family have the chance to participate in our Sunset Ceremony? We like to make a ‘ritual’ out of watching the sunset from our beach so we set up distinctive and colorful furniture along our beachfront so guests can take fabulous pictures as the sun goes down. We also host a beach bonfire a couple of times a week and hand out ingredients to make S’mores. We hope you had the opportunity to indulge in this family activity – it is one of my favorites!

Again we really appreciate all your wonderful comments and we hope to welcome you back for your third visit in the near future!

Enrique Tasende, General Manager

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Absolutely loved this hotel and they made our family vacation memorable. Visited on busy school break week (2/16-2/23), got a great deal and even better surprise with a dining credit upon checkout. Staff made us feel like royalty and amenities were outstanding. From the welcome drinks to great assistance in planning our trips, they made the trip! Beach drink and food service, snorkeling right out your door, super food, great pool and beach "toys" and fun activities. We couldn't have been more fortunate to get this last minute trip to be so perfect.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear milkm23, thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you and your family had a funtabulous vacation! We really appreciate your kind comments about our staff and our outstanding amenities.

We strive to provide excellent customer service so I am happy to hear that you were treated like royalty! I really do think that we have the kindest and most professional employees in Cayman.

You mentioned that you were able to enjoy our food on the beach; did you have the chance to check out Solana for breakfast? They offer some delicious dishes such as Caribbean Eggs Benedict, “All you can eat” Almond Pancakes and the Lobster Omelet (just to name a few), plus you can’t beat the view of the sparkling turquoise blue ocean while you enjoy your cup of coffee! It is one of my favorite places on island to have breakfast.

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you and your family back to our hotel the next time you come to Cayman! You may be interested to hear that we will be undergoing a major renovation in September, which will change the look and feel of our communal areas, including our lobby, restaurants and fitness center. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back next year so you can enjoy the fabulous enhancements to our hotel!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Fabulous stay for our first trip to the Caymans. From the moment we arrived and throughout our entire week the service and food was exceptional. Our goal was to do a lot of nothing and it was very easy to do. We really appreciated the new system to clear the empty ocean front chairs. We had no desire to become part of the problem and enjoyed coming down after lunch and spending our afternoons lounging at the beach. This is definitely the friendliest resort we have ever been too!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stephanie J, thank you for sharing feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. We are thrilled that you and your family had a fabulous stay and you consider us a home away from home! We appreciate all your encouraging comments about our exceptional customer service and food.

We are also grateful for your comments regarding the system that we have in place for ensuring that guests do not ‘reserve’ beach loungers to the detriment of others. Our one-hour rule is something that we continue to monitor to make sure our guests get the most of their beach house experience.

Did you have the chance to watch a few sunsets from the beach during you stay? We like to make a ‘ritual’ out of it by setting up colorful chairs and sofas right along the beachfront at the end of the day so guests have the perfect picture opportunity as the sun goes down. We also host a couple bonfire nights during the week and hand out ingredients for guests to make S’mores. It is one of my favorite family activities!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your first visit to Cayman and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful island again very soon!