“Outstanding!!”

Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Our Stay at the Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort was truly a Memorable experience. We felt very welcome and pampered at the Grand Cayman Marriott. Everybody was very nice and the service was nothing short of outstanding. I have to mention several people who were particularly instrumental in making our stay an absolute pleasure. Carlos, Jasmin, Leonardo, Wendy, Litha, Edson, Marisela, Laura, Alex, and Geri. These people are exceptional and should be treasured by Marriott.

The food at all hotel restaurants was very good, particularly Lobster Night at Solana which was outstanding. It would have been great if there was more local cuisine available at all times, but particularly at the Bucaneer's Feast. Local restaurants I would recommend as they were outstanding were: The Cracked Conch and Lobster Pot. For great ambiance and service, I would recommend Osetra Bay; the food was very good. Dukes is also very good and I recommend it as it is a good value.

The only criticism I have is the beach. While beautiful, it is quite narrow at the hotel and felt crowded.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GJS811
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear GJS811, thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your vacation and it was a memorable experience!

We also appreciate your kind words about feeling pampered and our service being nothing short of outstanding. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Carlos, Jasmin, Leonardo, Wendy, Litha, Edson, Marisela, Laura, Alex and Geri – they will all be delighted to hear that they made such a positive impression on your stay with us. I have to agree with you – I think our team is exceptional and the best in Cayman! I am happy to learn that they are getting the recognition that they deserve.

Thank you also for your positive feedback on our food. With more than 106 different nationalities represented on our beautiful island, Cayman inevitably have a diverse culinary offering. There are a mixture of gastronomic influences stemming from Europe, South America and the rest of the Caribbean (just to name a few). At our restaurants, we provide fresh, simple but innovative dishes. By offering various specialty nights, we feel that we can really showcase a diverse range of delicious cuisines. I am glad that you thought our Unlimited Lobster Night was outstanding!

You may be interested to hear that we will be undergoing phase two of our renovations in September, which will change the look and feel of all our communal areas, including our lobby, restaurants and fitness center. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to enjoy all the fabulous enhancements to our resort.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel was beautiful.Every staff member was kind and made my husband and i feel special.Alex at the front desk was exceptional.We had a problem with our room location and he was able to have our room changed the next day.He also arranged for us to have a complementary breakfast the next morning.our view from the Balcony was great !! The room was clean and the hotel grounds were so nice.The food in all the restaurants was excellent.My husband and i would definitely come back to this hotel again.I also enjoyed the service on the beach,drinks and food, one of our servers was great and i cant recall his name,he was originally from the Philippines,great guy.

Room Tip: ocean view is the way to go
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Lynnck, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. We really appreciate your kind comments about our beautiful hotel, kind staff and our nice grounds.

I will make sure to tell Alex that you mentioned him in your review – he will be thrilled to hear that you appreciate his exceptional service. Our team goes above and beyond to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us so I am happy to hear that our staff made a lasting impression on your time with us.

Thank you also for your feedback on the food in all our restaurants. We strive to offer fresh, simple and innovative dishes and by offering various theme nights, we feel that we can really showcase a diverse range of different cuisines. Did you have the chance to enjoy our Sushi Night at the lounge? Our chef recently came back from an exploratory trip in California to discover the best ways of preparing sushi. The concepts he brought back with him are nothing from the best – we think he is one of the best sushi chefs on the island!

I noticed that you took a picture of the gorgeous Cayman sunset from your room – did you have the chance to participate in our Sunset Ceremony? We like to make a ‘ritual’ out of watching the sunset from our beach so we set up distinctive and colorful furniture along our beachfront so guests can take fabulous pictures as the sun goes down. We also host a beach bonfire a couple of times a week and hand out ingredients to make S’mores. We hope you had the opportunity to indulge in this fun activity!

Again we really appreciate all your wonderful comments and we hope to welcome you and your husband back to our beautiful island again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We usually visit the Caymans every January and stay at the Marriott. So when a couple of weeks ago my wife and I needed a getaway weekend we decided to go back the to Marriott. We travel a lot and this hotel is at the top of our list for hospitality and the best staff. From the front desk, to the bellman to housekeeping they are always happy and wanting to make your stay the best. We cannot thank Pablo at the front desk enough for his helpfulness and helping to accommodate our requests. You expect a hotel in this area to have a great facility but its the staff that makes is great. This staff makes it awesome. You can go other places more expensive but you will never find the people who will make your vacation special and memorable. There is a reason this place rates so high by many seasoned travelers.

Room Tip: They just had the rooms upgraded and all are nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear nvrdullTX, thank you so much for taking the time to provide such positive feedback on our hotel. We are thrilled that you and your wife enjoyed your getaway weekend with us!

We also appreciate your continued loyalty and all your kind comments about our hospitality and staff. Coming from a seasoned traveler like yourself, this is a major compliment. We strive to provide excellent customer service to our guests because we know that it has a huge impact on their vacation experience. I believe that we have the most caring, professional and friendliest team in the whole of Cayman – and I am so glad that they are getting the recognition they deserve!

I will also make sure to tell Pablo that you acknowledged him in your review. He will be delighted to hear that he made a lasting impression on your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to our beautiful island again in January!

Enrique Tasende, General Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. We stayed here our first trip, and loved it. It was clean, the room had a beautiful balcony, and we were very excited to be here. We used the spa, and had a couples massage, which was great. One of the things we loved the most was the turtle pond outside. One night we went out there and met a wonderful employee named Avis, who sells small stone turtles and other knicknacks. We load up every time we go to Grand Cayman! She is so sweet, and really makes you feel happy inside. :)

Room Tip: the rooms overlooking the beach are nice, but there can be loud music that goes on until late at nig...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear devilheels, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our rooms, spa and grounds.

What I really like about our hotel is that it is close to nature. I completely agree with your sentiment – I think our Turtle Lagoon is such a charming part of our resort! We have a number of native creatures that live in the turtle pond as well as roam the gardens on our property (making great photo opportunities!) I am delighted that you enjoyed it as much as I do.

I will also make sure to pass on your compliments to Avis – she will be happy to hear that she made such a positive impression on your time with us. Our aim is to provide our guests with the ultimate beach house experience by evoking the happy nostalgia of summers gone by. Did you have the chance to watch a few sunsets from the beach during you stay? We like to make a ‘ritual’ out of it by setting up colorful chairs and sofas right along the beachfront at the end of the day so guests have the perfect picture opportunity as the sun goes down. We also host a couple bonfire nights during the week and hand out ingredients for guests to make S’mores. It is one of my favorite activities!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your first visit to Cayman and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful island again very soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This was our family's 12th visit to Grand Cayman, and I can't say enough about how well the staff took care of us. Their level of service is through the roof, and only getting better. From check in to check out, we were touched every step of the way with the kindest consideration. Everyone went out of their way to go far above and beyond, we're already planning our return visit to the Grand Cayman Marriott. Enrique, Pamela, and Carlos, thank you for spoiling us the way you did, we look forward to seeing you again real soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrick B
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Patrick B, thank you so much for providing a review of your recent stay with us. I want you to know that we appreciate your loyalty and are thrilled that you enjoy our beautiful island so much that you have visited Cayman a dozen times!

We also really appreciate your kind words about our staff – I also think we have the most professional and dedicated team in Cayman and I am so glad to hear that you feel the same way. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Enrique, Pamela and Carlos. They will be delighted to learn that you said our level of service is through the roof!

I can really identify with your adoration for Cayman – I live here and absolutely love it. It is very family-friendly and incredibly safe as well as being easy to get around. The island also offers many amazing restaurants and fantastic shopping. Plus you can’t beat Seven Mile Beach, it is one of the most beloved beaches across the Caribbean with its warm turquoise waters and soft powdery sand! It really is paradise and I am happy to hear that you make Cayman a frequent destination.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back for your 13th trip!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently returned from the Marriott Grand Cayman. I consider myself to be a somewhat experienced travelled; having staying at beautiful hotes and resorts in the United States, Canada, the Carribbeean and Europe. In all my years travelling, I have never come across a staff like the folks at the Marriott Grand Cayman. The service was impeccable from the moment we arrived to the time we departed. We were greated with complimentary rum punch and rum cake upon arrival. Special thanks to Dylan at the front desk, Kendra at Sol Restaruant, Nealy at the front door and Sergio in Sales. They all went above and beyond to make our vacation the most enjoyable. Additioanally, I must say that Grand Cayman is a beautiful Island. We are already taking about our next visit. Did you know that Grand Cayman is the culinary capital of the Carribean. They have over 350 resturants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear carolyn1158, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. We really appreciate your kind comments about our impeccable customer service. Coming from a seasoned traveler like yourself; this means a lot to us. I will also make sure to tell Dylan, Kendra, Nealy and Sergio that you acknowledged them in your review – they will be thrilled to hear that they made such a positive impression on your stay with us.

I completely agree about Grand Cayman being the culinary capital of the Caribbean. More than 106 different nationalities can be found in our beautiful island, bringing along with them various customs and practices from every corner of the globe. This is certainly the most apparent in the diversity of our island’s culinary offering. There are a mixture of gastronomic influences stemming from Europe, South America and the rest of the Caribbean (just to name a few)!

At our restaurants, we provide fresh, simple but innovative dishes. By offering various specialty nights, we feel that we can really showcase a diverse range of delicious cuisines. We also send our chefs on exploratory trips across the globe to sample the best dishes from various regions. From the famous Mercado next to the Paseo De Gracia in Barcelona to the best sushi restaurants in California, our chefs travel around the world to find inspiration and the concepts that they bring back to Cayman is nothing short from the best. What our resort offers guests is a multi-sensory culinary experience, inspired by our island’s international flair.

We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your vacation with us. You may be interested to hear that we will be undergoing phase two of our renovations in September, which will change the look and feel of all our communal areas, including our lobby and restaurants. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to enjoy all the fabulous enhancements to our hotel.

Damien Woodhead, Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I spent 5 nights at this resort this March. This was our third stay at the Marriott Grand Cayman, our first trip being in 2008 (see review) and second trip in 2011. We keep returning primarily for the location (proximity to restaurants on Seven Mile Beach) and snorkeling off the beach. At checkin, we were immediately recognized as return guests, which made us feel appreciated. We used Marriott points for this trip, so I was worried we might be given the worst possible room, but I was pleasantly surprised to receive a partial ocean view room on the fourth floor. The recent room renovations were apparent and look great. The room was cleaned well each day, the bed was comfortable and we slept well each night.

The resort now charges a $35 a day resort fee which includes internet, a snack on the beach each day, local calls and a few other amenities. I'm not sure the $35 is really worth the fee. The service at the resort has greatly improved since our last visits. We received multiple calls throughout our stay to ensure that we were enjoying our vacation. The hotel also sent up strawberries and champagne on my husband's birthday, which was a very nice gesture. The doormen were all very friendly and we enjoyed chatting with them before we went out for dinner each night. The waitstaff on the beach were much easier to flag down than in years past. We did have trouble finding beach staff to help with umbrellas - and my husband resorted to digging a hole in the sand several times a day to move the umbrella. Having said that, we seemed to be the only people interested in moving our umbrellas to stay in the shade all day.

The chair situation at the beach has been accurately reviewed by others. We had to wake up at 6:30AM each morning to get front row seats. One morning, all of the front row chairs were actually gone by 6:30AM and I was really annoyed that I had woken up so early for nothing. Getting up at 6:30AM on vacation is not something I enjoy doing - but I enjoy sitting in the back row of the beach with no view of the ocean even less. And you really can't see the ocean when you're in the back row with umbrellas and chairs sandwiched on top of each other blocking your view. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the hotel can do to fix the chair situation. It's a small beach that just can't accommodate all of the guests. As long as you visit this hotel with the right expectation of the beach situation and a game plan for either getting up early or accepting the back row, it's still a lovely beach with amazing warm crystal clear water.

The food at the hotel is also very good. They are now serving ala carte breakfast in Solana, the ocean front restaurant - which is nice. Red Parrot has a decent buffet but expensive if not included in your room rate. We ate salads for lunch on the beach each day and were very pleased with our meals.

We had a fantastic trip and I'm sure we will return in the future. The only reason I'm not giving the resort a 5/5 rating is because of the beach situation.

1  Thank JennyG123
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear JennyG123, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you and your husband had a fantastic trip! We appreciate all your kind comments about our location, property, rooms, food and service. Our team really goes out of their way to make sure that guests feel welcome, especially if they know that they are celebrating a special occasion such as an anniversary or a birthday. I am delighted to hear that your husband’s birthday did not go unnoticed and he was surprised with strawberries and champagne!

We recently underwent a renovation of all our rooms so we are glad that you noticed the improvements to the hotel. Phase two of the refurbishments will be taking place in September, which will change the look and feel of our communal areas including our lobby, restaurants and fitness center. It is going to look spectacular so we hope to welcome you and your husband back in the near future to enjoy the exciting enhancements to our hotel!

I would also like to thank you for bringing the beach chair issue to my attention. We have received a few comments regarding this and we are working hard to ensure that guests uphold the one-hour rule going forward. I have also shared your feedback with the team about getting more assistance with the umbrellas. We want our guests to get the most out of their beach house experience, so we appreciate any comments that will help improve upon the experiences of our future guests.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and we sincerely hope to see you and your husband again soon for your fourth visit to our beautiful island!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seven Mile Beach
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#5 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End

Been to Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort? Share your experiences!