Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$310
ComfortSuites
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$319
US$1,226
US$957
Kimpton
US$706
US$643
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$277
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
US$1,233
US$1,061
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$333
Travelocity
  • Pool
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)
5,661 results
All reviewsanchor denveranda restaurantturtle lagooncrepescourtyard viewgrand caymanlobster nightreef ballsfishartificial reefgelatored sailacross the streetan umbrellaall you can eatkids clubresort fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We arrived to the hotel about 2:00, having requested an early check-in, we were surprised to find out we wouldn't be getting one. We waited around the lobby and took a little walk around the grounds and grabbed a drink.
We also requested an upgrade upon arrival, doubting we would get one because of the busy travel week. We are platinum members, so we figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
When we got to our room at 3:50 (see we did get early check-in..haha) I was a bit disappointed, not only did we get an ocean view room, we didn't even get a courtyard view. We got an ally view between our hotel and the one next door. Way to treat your platinum members. The room had a damp odor upon entering that I believe is permanent. My husband said he would check again the next day for another room, but I told him not to bother. The room itself was nicely appointed and a decent size.

I still gave the hotel a 4 due to the amazing staff! What a group of employees they have. We travel a lot and this hotel has a 5 star staff. We are not that easily impressed and I have to tell you, they went above and beyond. From the front desk(Paolo and Alex, waitresses, waiters, bartenders(Gerald), beach staff, and doormen, all deserve and A+

We didn't eat often at the hotel often because we wanted to experience some of the great restaurants on the island. We had 1 breakfast at the Marriot that was good, a lunch that was yummy, and a dinner that was the worst one of the week.(it was also the only disappointing service we received)
The coffee at the hotel bar in the morning was awesome!

Now, onto the beach pool area that I have read so much about on this page. Yes, the beach is narrow, and yes, it can get cramped. I didn't think it was as bad as some people made it seem to be. We were here during a week of a fully booked hotel, and you needed to get out before 9 to get a chair and umbrella. Luckily for me I am an early riser and had no issues. Only 1 day did I see them checking to see that people weren't just leaving some stuff on the chairs and leaving for hours. They placed stickers on chairs with times on them. I didn't actually see if they followed through on it. The beach itself was OK, it was fairly rocky and until you learned which parts were better then others it could be a little dangerous. We had an odd week weather wise so some days the water was murky, some days clear, and some days full of seaweed. They kept the beach as clean as they could. The pool is small, too small for the hotel, and filled with thousands of kids! As someone else mentioned, if you don't want a lot of kids this isn't the place for you.

As a frequent Marriot customer I have to say that being a Platinum member made no difference during our stay. Not 1 perk was given. I think this is bad business, and am thinking about jumping ship to another hotel brand. I know they can't always give everything to members, but why bother being so loyal if there are no perks?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sugarmag13
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear sugarmag13, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are really appreciate your comments about our amazing staff. I think we have the most professional, cosmopolitan and kindest staff in Cayman so I am so happy to hear that they are getting the recognition they deserve. I will make sure to tell Paulo, Alex and Gerald that you acknowledged them in your review - they will be thrilled to learn that you gave their excellent customer service an A+.

With regards to your request for an upgraded room, I am very sorry that we could not accommodate your preference at the time. April is one of our busiest times of the year and while we do our best to honor our guests’ preferences, this is sometimes not possible. For this I extend my deepest apologies.

You may be interested to hear that we will be undergoing a major renovation in September, which will affect our communal areas, including the lobby, restaurants and fitness center. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon so you can enjoy the fabulous enhancements to the resort.

If you would like to discuss your recent experience with me further, please feel free to contact me by emailing ingrid.chaves@marriott.com or calling me on (345) 949-0088.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My family (2 adults, 2 teens) staying here for our Spring Break. We booked and confirmed a room with two double. We got a king and an air mattress. The Room is so small we almost can not fit 4 at the same time....Nothing like paying top dollar for a resort vacation and ending up sleeping on an air mattress. It has been a horrible experience. Had to sleep with two teenagers in a king bed and my husband had to sleep on a mini sofa ...not kidding!!!! .. I am have stayed at a lot of Marriott's and have never such a poor experience. You would not believe how tight is the space at the beach.... and also if you really want to get a chair...get to be downstairs BEFORE 7AM...no kidding also..... I had the nerves to count those chairs and mesure the size of the space (average)... space available of the beach sand for this hotel is 380 feet x 65 feet... and you would have at least 375 beach chairs on this space!!!! I DO HAVE PICTURES OF IT!!! you can call them and talk to any beach attendant and ask them about it. For sure you will have to save your nerves to be able to enjoy your time. Do not believe on the pics you see on the website... they are not accurate with the realitty. We stay there from 4/11/14 to 4/18/14... never will be back to this hotel.. Have to tell that the guys who help at the beach are just GREAT people... but that is so much they can do..... Spare yourself the agony and stay at other hotel.....Worst vacation ever !!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Maristela D
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Maristela D, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate any feedback that will help improve upon the experiences of our future guests. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority so I deeply regret that you were disappointed with your recent experience with us.

I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for not being able to fulfil your request for two double beds in your room. Spring Break is one of the busiest times of the year for us. While we try our hardest to accommodate our guests’ requests, sometimes we cannot guarantee room preferences. For this I am truly sorry.

With regards to your comment on having to go to the beach early to reserve a sun lounger, we are making every effort to ensure that our guests uphold the one-hour rule. We want our guests to get the most out of their beach house experience, so if our attendants notice that a sun lounger has been ‘reserved’ with a towel or personal effects, then he / she will remove the items after one hour if the lounger is not being used.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort on business. It is a beautiful hotel with amazing restaurants, clean rooms, gorgeous views and very friendly staff.
My only complaint is the hidden charges. They normally provide a 'complimentary' $50.00 a day food and beverage credit (which does not roll over), however, also charge resort fees (on top of the nightly fees) daily. You get charged for amenities that you may or may not use (bicycle rental, towels at beach, free daily beach snack, etc) so I recommend that you make the most of your time there.
Aside from the resort daily charge, there is also an additional charge to the card you provide for deposit in the event that anything is damaged. This is standard with most hotels, however the length of time it is held isn't. It was held nearly a month on my credit card after being advised that it would clear after 5 days.
I do not want to scare anyone away from this amazing hotel but to believe forewarning is necessary.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms have beautiful views however you can view the ocean in a matter of seconds from anywhere in the hotel so I do not believe the additional cost is worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BermudaWorldTraveler

Dear BermudaWorldTraveler, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your kind comments about our beautiful hotel, amazing restaurants, clean rooms and gorgeous views. Thank you also for complimenting our friendly staff. I believe we have the most professional, friendliest and kindest team in Cayman and it is nice to hear that they made a positive impression on your time with us. We invest around 80 hours of one-on-one training on all our employees so I am glad that they are getting the recognition they deserve.

Regarding your comments on our Resort Fee, it includes a number of popular amenities and activities that our guests enjoy. You mentioned a few of these in your review, but it also covers unlimited local calls, the use of the floating trampolines and relaxation platforms at our beachfront and complimentary access to weekly beach bonfires (plus much more). We feel that the value of all these services justify the cost of the Resort Fee.

I really appreciate you bringing to my attention the situation with regards to the deposit on your credit card. Credit card holds are usually released between 48 to 72 hours after a guest checks out. However, this is contingent upon the financial institution that issued the credit card. When the process takes longer and a guest lets us know, we usually contact the bank to try to expedite it. Thank you for making us aware of this issue. I sincerely apologise that in your instance the process took longer.

Again we are deeply sorry that there were some issues during your stay with us. I would like to welcome you to contact me personally if you want to discuss this further. You can email at ingrid.chaves@marriott.com or call me on (345) 949-0088.

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This Marriott is a great place to bring your family. This resort happens to have a large, mostly man made, reef just behind the property, so it's great for snorkeling compared to the other resorts on the strip that don't have such reef. Tons of fish just behind the hotel with calm waters for safe and comfortable swimming. Our kids had an incredible time at this resort. My wife and I enjoyed relaxing cocktails and dinners at night while our 11 and 13 year old children joined the nightly festivities such as movie night at the pool, camp fires on the beach, and trivia night. The pool and hot tub never closed, so the fun for kids (middle and high school aged) lasted well into the evening. The staff at his hotel was amazing. Every single employee was incredibly friendly 100% of the time. Beth started the day making fresh vegetable and juices for the guests. Martha, Valeria, and Jasmin served up coffee and breakfast treats. Michelle and Neil took great care of us at night. Alex at the front desk steered us in the right direction on several occasions. My only complaint was that we booked an ocean front suite, but it was an ocean front king, with a pull out 1 person sofa, so technically, the room only slept 3. They gave us a blow up mattress for our 2nd child, which ended up fine in the end. If you can swing it, I would recommend simply getting an ocean front room with 2 double beds. Having an ocean front room at this hotel made a big difference as the sun sets every night on the beach side of this hotel. We generally stay at high end pricey hotels, such as the Ritz. Given how well the hotel is set up for kids to have freedom and fun, I think we made the right choice. Compared to the Ritz, (which is 1.1 miles from the Marriott), at this price point, my wife and I were happy with our decision. The Sting Ray trip was awesome. I would pay up and take the Red Sail Sports trip leaving from the Marriott at 1pm. The Australian"esk" staff takes you out on a huge new Catamaran, creating for an amazing 4 hour memorable experience. My wife and I eat out twice without the kids and had great dinners at both the Royal Palm (walking distance from the Marriott) and at the Lobster Pot (10$ cab ride). Highly recommend both. Royal Palm would be fine to bring kids as they had pizza on the menu. Lastly, we rented a car one day, and drove to Rum Point for some snorkeling and lunch. Rum Point was just ok for us and overly touristy. If I had to do it over again, I would still rent a car for the day, but instead, go horseback riding in West Bay and snorkeling at Cemetery Beach (which you don't need a car for either). My 11 year old son and went to the Turtle Farm one day. He loved it and we had a nice day, but fair warning, it's a turtle farm. Spend the extra bucks and do the snorkeling experience within the turtle farm. Some families did not do this and thought the experience was very boring.

Room Tip: we booked an ocean front suite, but it was an ocean front king, with a pull out 1 person sofa, so technically, the room only slept 3. They gave us a blow up mattress, which ended up fine in the end. I would recommend simply getting the ocean front, 2 double beds. Having an ocean front room at this hotel made a big difference as the sun sets every night on the beach side of this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 2014Swimbikerun
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear 2014Swimbikerun, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you and your family had a fun vacation!

We really appreciate your kind comments about our amazing and incredibly friendly staff. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Beth, Martha, Valeria, Jasmin, Michelle, Neil and Alex - they will be glad to learn that they made a lasting impression on your time with us. We want our guests to feel like our resort is their home away from home so it is wonderful to hear that you think the Marriott Grand Cayman is a great place to bring your family!

We are so happy to hear that both parents and kids alike had a fantastic time. When my General Manager asked me to come up with a kids’ program I wanted to offer our families something different rather than having a Kids Club where children just end up watching movies and playing on the PlayStation. I thought about all the activities that we used to enjoy from our childhood – so Kathryn (the Kids Club leader) and I chose activities that families could do together such as spending time around a bonfire and making S’mores, kite flying and building boats to race in the Turtle Lagoon. Our aim was to make it less about technology and more about re-connection. It sounds like your kids had a blast!

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you and your family back to our beautiful island again in the near future!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We took our son, daughter-in-law and 3 granddaughters to the Cayman Islands this year for spring break. We decided on the Marriott as our hotel. And I can definitely say it was a great choice. First Cristina Neidenbach contacted us to understand our needs, and she did a superb in meeting them. While we were there, she arranged a great celebration for my granddaughters 18th birthday. I can truly say it was fantastic.
Food and beverage service on the beach was done well – not too much attention but enough to meet our hunger and thirst needs. The only complaint about the beach was that you had to be there early to get near the water. We found spaces in the second row most of the time. The beach staff was helpful in setting up the chairs and umbrellas.
The restaurants, especially the Red Parrott were very good. Carlos Esqueda made sure we were happy while there. He went out of his way to make sure our stay was above expectations. If things were a bit slow or not correct, he made sure it was corrected to our satisfaction. The other supervisors Marc and Edson were also helpful and dedicated to customer service.
The rooms (we had two adjoining rooms) were very comfortable and nicely furnished. Pamela Plaza always followed up to make sure our requests were met. They came with water and free Wi Fi. The rooms were also cleaned properly and on time. Requests for added towels were always honored.
The efficient front desk made check in and checkout quick and painless. They were all courteous and helpful when approached with questions.
The only regret we had was that we could not stay longer. This hotel is definitely in our top 5 list and we plan to visit again soon.

Room Tip: all rooms were good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank johngv47

Dear johngv47, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your Spring Break with us!

We really appreciate your kind comments about our staff and excellent customer service. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Cristina, Carlos, Marc, Edson and Pamela - they will be happy to hear that they made a positive impression on your time with us. I think we have the most professional, friendliest and kindest staff in Cayman. They go above and beyond to make sure that our guests are enjoying themselves, especially when they know that a special occasion is being celebrated. I am glad to hear that your granddaughter enjoyed her 18th birthday and the team was able to make it extra special for her!

Thank you for your positive feedback on our food and restaurants. Did you have the chance to enjoy any of the Specialty Nights? One of my favourites is the Unlimited Lobster evening at Solana on Wednesday nights. From the Lobster Thermidor to Lobster Mac and Cheese, there is a huge variety to choose from and they are always made fresh to order.

You may be interested to hear that we will be undergoing phase two of our renovations in September, which will affect our communal areas including the lobby, restaurants and fitness center. The upgrades are going to be spectacular and we look forward to unveiling our new look during your next trip to Cayman.

We are thrilled to hear that we made it to your top 5 list and we hope to see you again very soon!