We stayed at an oceanfront room for 4 nights. Overall it was a lovely experience. When we checked in, we were given samples of rum cake and yummy juice. We had not requested an upper floor so we got a ground floor for the first night; Alex promised that we would be moved up to a higher floor the next day. The ground floor was just OK - we were at the Southern end, right in front of the pool so the view wasn't that great and there were always people hanging out right outside of our room. But I can see how families and others who want direct access to the pool/beach/bar from their rooms would find this convenient. But we were there for the view!
Our new room on the 3rd floor right above Solana had a spectacular view of the beach. Sunsets were gorgeous. The only downside was that it was extremely loud at night. There are events almost every night, and the restaurant and bar close at 10:30, so there is loud music playing until then. Sometimes people dine past closing so there were nights that we heard loud conversations until past 11pm. We didn't mind this too much. It was pretty quiet during the day. Perhaps the 4th and 5th floors are better? Everything else about the room was very nice - I'm not sure what the other reviewers meant when they said it was outdated...it was just fine with us :)
Most of the staff were very friendly, especially the guys at the entrance! Also loved the bar and the 5-7 happy hour :) Snorkeling was overall pretty good - the first day we didn't see much, but on subsequent days, we saw a stingray and a flounder on top of all of the other usual suspects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Beach House at the Grand Cayman Marriott makes you feel right at home. All of our spacious 295 guest rooms have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TravelUp so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands