“Great Food.”

Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Marriott has the best sand on their beach of anywhere on Seven Mile Beach, but the food has been a great surprise. Normally, we wouldn't each a lot at the resort, but with a food credit and excellent food, we have really enjoyed it. Walter Fernandez has had the good luck (or misfortune) to be our waiter several times and he is wonderful. Helpful, informative, cheery and a great find. He's better than a concierge. Thanks Walter for making our meals so memorable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear flipflopdoni, thanks so much for sharing feedback on your recent vacation with us. We really appreciate your glowing comments about our beautiful beach and excellent food. I will make sure to tell Walter that he made it into your review – he will be thrilled to hear all the wonderful things that you said about him and that he made your meals with us memorable.

At our restaurants, we provide our guests fresh, simple and innovative dishes. By offering various specialty nights, we feel that we can really showcase a diverse range of delicious cuisines. We also send our chefs on exploratory trips across the globe to sample the best dishes from various regions. From the famous Mercado next to the Paseo De Gracia in Barcelona to the best sushi restaurants in California, our chefs travel around the world to find inspiration and the concepts that they bring back to Cayman is nothing short from the best. What we offer guests is a multi-sensory culinary experience, inspired by our island’s international flair. We are glad that you were pleasantly surprised by our delicious food!

You may be interested to hear that we will be undergoing phase two of our renovations in September, which will include all our communal areas such as our lobby, restaurants and fitness center. We are very excited about all the fabulous upgrades that we have planned and we look forward to showing them off to you during your next trip to our beautiful island!

Thanks for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to see you very soon!

Damien Woodhead, Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This Marriott is an older style but kept up nicely. At check in Pablo was Great and Daniell at the door was fabulous and daughter looked forward to talking gymnastic with him!! The pool area is small but we enjoyed the beach and the ocean the best. They have artificial reefs right out front, but go beyond and the real reef is even better. We saw a large parrotfish and grouper.

The rooms are just regular hotel rooms, wish they had larger options with a little kitchenette, etc. Also wish the pool had a slide or lazy river for the price of the rooms.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear 3ml, thanks for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you and your family had a nice and relaxing time with us! Pablo and Daniel will be delighted to hear that you mentioned them in your review – I will make sure you to tell them that their friendly customer service was noted.

It sounds like you really enjoyed snorkeling along our beachfront. Did you and the family have the chance to check out Stingray City? It is incredible how timid these creatures are! Being able to stand in the Sand Bar while stingrays of all sizes surround you is really an experience that shouldn’t be missed. We really recommend this excursion to our guests and they often come back to tell us that it was the highlight of their trip.

You may be interested to hear that we will be undergoing phase two of our renovations in September, which will affect our communal areas including the lobby, restaurants and fitness centre. The upgrades are going to be spectacular and we hope to have the opportunity to show them off to you during your next trip to Cayman.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This Marriott is supposed to be known for their customer service right? When customer service counted it was downright awful. I had brought a pair of unusual earrings on the trip that were not expensive in value but I had bought them at a boutique on a weekend trip so not replaceable. I wore them one night at dinner in Caymen and then remembered leaving them on the dresser. I couldn't find them midway through the trip and my boyfriend said I am sure they are in one of your bags. Once we packed up I realized they were absolutely not in the room and I was upset because I knew they had to be picked up by someone in the room. I went downstairs and explained the situation to the security manager. The security manager claimed he needed to help us look and even wanted to go through all of my packed bags. I refused because a) I just packed them b) I didn't think it was an appropriate procedure to have staff going through my bags. He then implied maybe I had misplaced them which made me angry because I knew for sure they were in the room. He said he would follow up after we left and of course I ended up having to follow up after the trip. I followed up with a different manager who after checking with cleaning staff said "No one had them". I informed him over email that I know someone had to have taken them. He stated to me in writing that he couldn't imagine his staff taking anything and that there must be another explanation. Honestly, I was floored that the management had such a poor response and had those earrings been worth a lot monetarily then I would have taken additional steps. I also noticed I am not the only one complaining of things missing from their room in the poor trip advisor reviews. As an attorney by trade it is very offensive to me for not one but two people in the hotel not only not take ownership of the situation but try to put it back on their guests. It will be awhile if ever I stay at another Marriott and I do plan on taking it up with Marriott rewards program because that should not be the attitude of a hotel especially one where we had spent an additional $600 and I had already told them the earrings were only $30 in value.

In addition to that I found alot of the staff pushing this Marriott nights or products. They always had someone in the lobby handing out flyers or pushing their dinner "special", this made it not seem like a 4 star hotel/resort. I would like to not feel like I am being sold something when I enter the lobby of my hotel.

Besides that our room was clean and a nice size. We ate at both restaurants and found the food to be good. It is expensive for what you get but that is true for all over the island. It is too bad about the issue with my earrings because before that i would have given the hotel a solid 3 to 4 stars. Unfortunately one wants to believe their belongings would be safe where they are staying and this is the first time something this has happened to me. But I know I would never stay anywhere again that treated me as this Marriott did when I reported something stolen.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mproctor78, thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the way the situation with your lost earrings was handled.

I know all to well how it feels to lose a sentimental item (regardless of the price) when on vacation. As well as being disheartening, it is a true inconvenience – for this I extend my most sincere apologies. At Marriott, we have extensive and mandatory internal procedures to follow when a situation such as this arises. In any instance in which concrete evidence of wrongdoing by any of our staff materialises, rest assured we always take the appropriate measures.

I have spoken to the relevant team members in Housekeeping, Quality and Loss & Prevention to ensure that we have pursued all the available avenues to find your earrings (including checking the electronic records of every individual who accessed your room during your stay). Unfortunately, I very much regret that we were unable to locate them.

I welcome you to contact me personally to discuss this in more detail. You can email me on ingrid.chaves@marriott.com or call me on (345) 949-0088.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Let me start by stating that this was one of the most enjoyable and memorable vacations that my wife and I have been on. We are very blessed in the fact that we get to travel to exotic places every year, usually to big resorts. We found that this Marriott in Grand Cayman was spectacular. I'm sure that you receive a lot of negative feedback, however; I would like to take you on our journey!
Upon checking in, we were greeted by your door men whom gracefully took our luggage and gave us the baggage tickets. We then proceeded inside for our check-in where we were greeted by Gheri, who was very professional and made sure that if we needed anything to let her know. We then go to our room and we met Evelyn (housekeeping) who stated that if we needed anything like extra towels or linens to just let her know. Wow, so far so good we think! We then proceed to go explore the grounds of the resort. Upon going to the pool area we meet our gracious folks that we didn't know at the time would take care of us for our week long stay. Those people were Stephanie (she went out of her way to appease us with setting up the big screen, and DJ speakers for the NBA game), Leonard, Hannah, Lisa, Neil, Dannis, and Bernal who met our every need on the beach, by the pool, the SOL bar, and even by the inside bar. And then there was Beth, our wonderful juice bar server that we visited every day for our fresh juice drinks. And then each and every day there was Courtney, our Cabana assistant that made sure our umbrella was set up properly and if we needed anything for our chairs to let him know.
We have had some great service at other resorts as well, however; the service we received from your staff at this particular Marriott location was second to none. By the fact that your resort is on a little smaller scale than those that we've stayed at, I think made a world of difference. We didn't feel as if there were to many people to one staff person. The ratio of staff members to guest is perfect!! We do want to re-visit this location in the future. In talking with other guest that was not with our group, I think also that the way to enjoy this resort is thru the all-inclusive package.
I hope that this information gives you a great feeling of success, and gratitude! You and your staff deserve it!!
Thanks for everything, we enjoyed each and every moment of our stay here.

Room Tip: If your an early to bed person, you will want a room on the outside. However, if you enjoy looking...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Joe L, thank you so much for sharing such glowing feedback on your recent vacation with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed each and every moment of your stay at our Beach House!

I agree, I think we have the most professional, kindest and friendliest team on the island. I will make sure to tell Gheri, Evelyn, Stephanie, Leonard, Hannah, Lisa, Neil, Dannis, Beth, Courtney and Bernal that you mentioned them by name in your review. They will all be so delighted to hear that the service you received from them was second to none.

I am also glad to hear that you tried out our new fresh juice bar in the lobby! There are so many unhealthy and processed breakfast options out there that we wanted to be different and provide our guests with nourishing and wholesome food in the morning. A few of our team members are even planning a trip to South Florida in the next few months to visit some organic fruit farms so that they can get some inspiration on new and exciting flavours and combinations. I am happy that you had the opportunity to sample some of our fun flavours at the juice bar - it is such a great way to kick start your day!

Thank you again for all your generous compliments about our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful island again very soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great location and access to Seven Mile Beach.
If you are booking this vacation through JetBlue getaways, would advise to be extremely careful on what JetBlue is apparently offering. We booked under the assumption of a $50 resort credit per day which wound up not being available once we arrived. To make it worse, the Marriot staff were unwilling to help us out.
Also, please note the advertisement of free "non-motorized" sports does not include snorkels, kayaks, paddle boards, etc (all of which are non-motorized sports). You will need to pay for the use of each of those separately. It only means you are allowed to float on the docks in the water.

1  Thank scv1105

Dear scv1105, thanks for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your kind comments about our great location! I agree, our resort is ideally located on Seven Mile Beach with its proximity to Camana Bay and Georgetown as well as numerous restaurants, bars and shopping centres being a stone’s throw away. Did you have the chance to take advantage of our free bike rentals, which is part of the Resort Fee? They are a fantastic way to explore and get around the island. One of the most enjoyable ways you can spend a beautiful breezy morning in Cayman is by discovering the island by bicycle. We were inspired by memories of riding along through the picturesque countryside with loved ones during our own vacation experiences and wanted to re-create these special moments for our guests. We hope you had the chance to reconnect in the same way!

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We came as a family and really enjoyed our stay, the room, the food and the great service. We especially appreciated the great service from Ruby in Balboa Lounge, Michael, Myrna, Eloisa, Bernal & Wendy in Parrot Lounge & Solana. Anne was extremely friendly and helpful in making sure we were always enjoying our stay. Laura from front desk was helpful. The rooms were always clean and well equipped with everything we needed. The all-inclusive was a great deal. Food was delicious. A+ resort.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Sandra A, thanks so much for leaving feedback on your recent stay with us. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your vacation! We also really appreciate your glowing comments about our clean rooms, delicious food and great customer service. I will tell Ruby, Michael, Myrna, Eloisa, Bernal, Wendy, Anne and Laura that you mentioned them in your review. They will all be thrilled to hear that they made such a positive impression on your time with us.

I like the picture that you took of our beachfront. Were you and the family able to explore our Artificial Reef Project, which is just a short swim from our beachfront? Many of our guests tell us that they really enjoy snorkeling around the man-made reef balls and often bring breadcrumbs to feed the colourful fish that surround the area. You may have noticed the relaxation platforms that we have floating along our beachfront as well — they create a fun setting for guests to decompress and nothing compares to the beautiful view of the turquoise ocean surrounding you!

Thanks for giving us an A+ and we hope to welcome you and your family back again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

As a Lifetime Platinum Member that has stayed at many Marriott properties, I’d say this property is located in an excellent location. Close to restaurants and George Town, but the beach is why you go there. I can’t say enough about the staff at the Marriott. Too many names to mention as they all were very pleasant and friendly. I did have 1 minor issue that Bernal Rodrigues Calvo handled immediately in true Marriott fashion, (thank you Bernal for all your assistance during our stay). The Hotel is going through a remodel of the lobby and hopefully some of the exterior. The rooms have already been updated. It was not only the location, but the entire staff at the Marriott that made our vacation even more enjoyable. You won’t be disappointed booking your holiday at the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort.

1  Thank Glenn P

Dear Glenn P, we really appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of our resort. We are glad that you had a fantastic vacation with us! Thank you so much for generous comments about our excellent location as well as our very pleasant and friendly team. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Bernal – he will be thrilled to hear that you mentioned him in your review.

I agree, I think we have the most professional, friendliest and kindest team in Cayman. Our staff genuinely care and want to go above and beyond to ensure that our guests are having a great vacation experience. We invest around 80 hours of one-to-one training in our employees every year so I am glad to learn that all their hard work is paying off.

As you mentioned, we will be renovating all our communal areas, including our lobby, restaurants and fitness center in September. We are so excited about it and look forward to unveiling the beautiful updates during your next trip to Cayman!

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seven Mile Beach
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#6 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End

Been to Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort? Share your experiences!