“excellent service”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“excellent service”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

the best hotel team we ever found in any Marriott or any other hotel.Very kind, very friendly, genuinely interested in our well being and ready to try to accomodate any special request we had.Excellent service at the reception (Melina) at the Red parrot restaurant (Bernael+Eloisa, Dorrine,Mirna,Andres,Michael,Asith,Sheila, Anne),at the Solana restaurant (Marc + Wendy,Sebastien,Savio),at the Balboa (Valeria) at the Pool (Litha,Morine). Will go back.

1 Thank Mattia G
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Mattia G, thank you for taking the time to review our resort. It is so wonderful to hear that you think we are the best hotel team you have ever found in any Marriott or any other hotel! Hearing this amazing compliment is music to our ears!

I will make sure to share your generous comments with Melina, Bernal, Eloisa, Dorrine, Mirna, Andres, Michael, Asith, Sheila, Anne, Marc, Wendy, Sebastian, Savio, Valeria, Litha and Morine. Everyone will be absolutely thrilled to hear that you mentioned them individually in your review.

I agree, I think we have the friendliest, kindest and most professional team in Cayman. Our staff genuinely care and want to go above and beyond to ensure that our guests are having a great vacation experience. We invest around 80 hours of one-to-one training in our employees every year so I am glad to learn that all their hard work is paying off!

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to see you and your family back here again very soon.

Ingrid Chaves, Director of Rooms Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,549)
  • Polish first
Middlebury, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My girlfriend and I just got back from a great vacation with family. We stayed at the marriott and five other family members stayed at the beach suites just down the road. Upon our arrival we were greeted by exceptional staff at the door. They took our bags and showed us to the front desk where Laura took care of us. She was there all week during our stay and was exceptional. We checked in to a courtyard room which was awesome but asked for a beach front room if one became available. The next day she contacted me to tell me a room was available if we would like to move. We said yes and she sent a bellman up to help us move to our new room. The ocean front room was great and a pleasure to wake up to each morning as well as falling asleep to the sound of the ocean. Each and every staff from the room attendants to the restaurant staff and beach staff were all so very friendly Regardless of the very few poor comments regarding the beach area all I can say is the beach was great. Yes there are a lot of chairs but they are very accommodating and there was always chairs available at any point in the day. One bad thing was if you leave your chair for too long like we did to have lunch in Solana restaurant. When we went back to the beach chairs someone else gad taken them. It wasn't a pleasant site especially when so e of our stuff was there. But rather than cause a frenzy I had the beach attendant take care of it and it was all worked out. The sol bar is great for daily drinks and lunch or snacks. The courtyard garden is awesome and soothing with the turtles hanging out all day. Overall I can't say anything negative. It was just a great experience not to mention I proposed to the love of my life on the resort grounds. I wish I had mentioned it to the staff. Maybe I would have gotten something complimentary as I have read some other reviews that got some. The movie night was good. Jam night at the sol bar was good. The bonfire was a nice touch on the beach with s'mores and the way they light up the beach area and water at night gives it great ambiance. I have already recommended the marriott to friends and family. And for the record. The beach suites hotel down the road us terrible. Our family had a bad experience and will never return there. The marriott is where it will be.. Can't wait to go back. Thank you all marriott staff for a pleasurable stay and great facility...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony B
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Tony B, thanks for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you and your family had a great vacation! We appreciate your glowing comments about our exceptional staff (I will tell Laura you mentioned her), great beach and our good food. And congrats on your recent engagement! Yes it would have been fantastic if you mentioned your plans about popping the question at our resort, we would have gone out of our way to make sure that it was extra special!

I agree, our Beach House offers a lot of fun activities. One of my favourites is our bonfire nights and S’mores because it evokes the carefree feeling of summertime! Did you and your family also have the chance to check out our free bike rentals? One of the most enjoyable ways you can spend a beautiful breezy morning in Cayman is by discovering the island by bicycle. We were inspired by memories of riding along through the picturesque countryside with loved ones during our own vacation experiences and wanted to re-create these special moments for our guests. We hope you had the chance to reconnect with your family in the same way!

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to welcome you and your family back again very soon.

Long Island, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014

overall positive experience. check in was effortless , thanks to Sonia at the front desk. Rooms were clean and comfortable, loved the bed pillows. The food was always good, especially at the solanna restaurant where we had two exceptional dinners(thank you Rameesh for the perfect family seating birthday dinner for 12). The beach was ideal for all ages, especially enjoyed the snorkeling. the downside is the very small beach, to much area is dedicated to the Red Sail concession ,and the roped off area for their water toys. The pool is also very small,unlike other Marriott resorts. I understand their will be additional upgrades. Although the courtyard turtle pond is cute, another option would be to relocate the turtles to the front entrance. Use the courtyard as another water option for guests. Finally, the dollar conversion from cayman currency is very deceiving and expensive,so pay attention to the final calculation.If you do one off premise excursion, consider Stingray city, starfish cove and snorkeling with Oh Boy charters. What a beautiful , and unforgettable experience we had with captain Steve, and Domingo. They were kind , informative, and good humored. The water surrounding the Caymans is arguably the most beautiful in the Caribbean.Thank you all for any part you played in ensuring our lovely family vacation.

Room Tip: upper floors courtyard are a good choice. beware of oceanfront rooms located over bar or restaurant...
1 Thank Lorraine300
Dear Lorraine300, thanks a lot for sharing feedback on your recent experience with us. We are happy to hear that you and your family had a relaxing vacation! We appreciate your generous comments about our good food as well as our clean and comfortable rooms. I will tell Sonia that you mentioned her – she will be delighted to learn that she made a great impression during check-in. And I will definitely pass on your compliments to Rameesh.

I agree, I think the food at Solana is fantastic. We are proud of our various theme nights, which give us the opportunity to really showcase a diverse range of cuisines. One of my favorites is the Unlimited Lobster evening on Wednesdays. From the Lobster Thermidor to Lobster Mac and Cheese, there is a huge variety to choose from and they are always made fresh to order. I am thrilled to hear that you had two exceptional dinners at Solana!

Thank you for your invaluable feedback and for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman. We hope to welcome you back to our beautiful island again very soon!

new york
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We went with a large group and debated between the Westin and Marriott. We never saw the Westin, (except on the road when we drove by) but we were happy with the Marriott. The main reason was its man made reef. There was a great variety of fish right at your fingertips. They also have these circular rafts (about 12) floating in the water and some near the reef. The kids sat on the raft and could see a lot of fish swim right by them, especially when bread was fed to the fish. At low tide in the morning- to get to the furthest raft was only about 4 feet deep.

What is said about the beach and chairs in other reviews in true. They are close together and the beach is narrow. But there was enough room for families to spread out a bit when playing on the sand near the water. If you were not in the first row, there was not much room in the front of your chairs to play in the sand if your group had several kids, as ours did. Because the waves wash up the way they do, there are lots of crushed shells you need to pass before getting to the soft sand in the water. If there were any more, I would have wanted my water shoes. The great snorkeling and warm calm water made us overlook the other things.

Pool was not large, and at times difficult to find a chair since there was only one row surrounding the pool. But it's a short walk to your beach chairs.

We got an ocean view room which was a good size. Seemed recently renovated. The bathroom is pretty large with a long counter- enough so that when the kids were sleeping my husband could work in the bathroom on his laptop without being near the sink/tub/ or toilet.

We had problems with our flight, but the Marriott was very understanding and changed our reservations without penalty. Upon check in Raphael knew of our situation and felt bad for the way our trip started. He made every effort to make sure our stay was wonderful. He was a standout at the check-in desk. Also giving good advice about the restaurants when we asked. There's also samples of rum cake, little stuffed turtles for the kids, and a laminated fish card with the fish at the reef when you check in. Rum punch was not given to us and when we informed the front desk the next day (as others checking in were receiving them) they said they would order it for us or we could go to bar when we wanted them.

Howard at the front doors was also very friendly and helpful. Most greeted us as we walked in and out- but only a few went the extra step to see how we were doing.

The beach service wait staff was also very friendly. It was nice not to get up for our drinks or food. A true vacation. You can pick up chair towels in addition to beach towels at the towel hut. No one told us, we started noticing everybody with white towels on their chairs so we asked.

Breakfast buffet was good, omelet station, bacon, sausage, freshly prepared waffles, yogurt, juice, variety of cut and fresh fruits, breads, French toast, blueberry pancakes, oatmeal, and cold cereals. One to two dishes would change each day, but for the most part, it stayed the same.

Many restaurants within walking distance. We tried Cimboco, Aqua, Raguzzi, and Coconut Joes for dinner. All of which we liked. We did not have dinners at the hotel, with so many choices outside, we wanted to venture off the resort Cabana Bay is also within walking distance. There's a gas station near by to pick up water/drinks and snacks.

A couple of scheduled kid activities during the day- would have like a little more. Ranged from looking for lizards on the resort to coloring pages.

I tried contacting the hotel through email, but my inquiries were not always answered. The best experience was through the vacation planner who will contact you before you leave. I didn't try calling.

1 Thank skimomNewYork
Dear skimomNewYork, we appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of our resort. We are glad that you had a fun and relaxing time with your family! Thank you also for your nice comments about our friendly customer service. I will tell Raphael that you said he was a stand-out – he will be thrilled to learn of such a wonderful compliment from a guest. Howard will also be happy to hear that you found him friendly and helpful.

You mentioned that you enjoyed the Artificial Reef Project, which is a stone’s throw away from our beachfront, but did you and your group have the chance to check out the Kittiwake Shipwreck Tour, organized by Red Sail Sports (next to the Towel Hut and pool)? They offer boat rides to the Kittwake a few times a week – it is one of the most unforgettable experiences! What I really like about it is that you don’t have to be an experienced diver to appreciate the wreck. It is one of the most accessible shipwrecks with the top of it within seven feet of the surface – it is like being in a swimming pool. Plus the wreck is slowly being transformed into an artificial reef and is teeming with colorful fish. It really is an experience that is not to be missed!

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to see you and your family again very soon.

Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel was great. It was clean, family friendly, and the staff was absolutely amazing. There is one woman who really stood out by going above and beyond, her name is Avis. She took time to answer questions about the resort and the island. After meeting Avis, I looked for her daily, to say hello. Her warm heart and genuine attitude was evident each moment speaking to her. I cannot say enough good things about her. The Marriott is lucky to have someone so wonderful working for them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Stephanie D
Dear Stephanie D, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay with us. We are so glad that you had a great vacation! We appreciate your lovely comments about our great hotel and amazing staff. I will make sure to tell Avis all the wonderful things that you said about her in your review. She will be really thrilled! I think we have the best team in Cayman – they are all kind, friendly and professional. I am glad that you agree.

At our Beach House, our aim is to unite you with the happy nostalgia of summertime – a time when families reunite, reconnect and rediscover the love they have for each other. We hope you and the family were able to do just that!

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from the Cayman Islands yesterday. We had a very relaxed and enjoyable vacation!

We were not disappointed in our choice to stay with the Marriott. First, it is only a 10 minute ride from the hotel.

Upon our arrival, a very nice young man assisted us with our luggage as we checked in. Geri, the woman who helped us, was very friendly and helpful. She was able to check us in right away. Always a big plus when traveling.

While we were waiting, we were greeted with this yummy rum cake and a satisfying fruit punch drink-compliments of the hotel.

Once we got to our room, we changed and hit the beach. I will say the beach and water is beautiful but it is a bit rocky. That didn't bother me because I spent so much time on these awesome and relaxing floating devices I did not mind.

My husband, along with many of the other guest enjoyed snorkeling and other water activites. You can enjoy your time relaxing on the beach while enjoying a nice cocktail.

The restaurants on site are very good. The hotel even offers a different dinner theme night each evening.

During our time at the hotel, we were given great advice from another wonderful gentleman by the name of Nelson. He told us about some great offsite places to visit. Be sure to talk to him when you have a chance!

To sum it up, this hotel is very beautiful with some of the most friendly staff we have a encountered. The food is great and the ambiance is relaxing.

I would and will recommend this hotel to anyone looking to travel to the Cayman Islands. This is a family friendly resort and also a romantic oasis.

We would like to thank all of the staff for making our experience a great one!

The Parker's

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank StyleTravelers
Dear StyleTravelers, thank you for providing a review of our resort. We are glad to hear that you and your husband had a magnificent vacation! We really appreciate your kind words about our beautiful hotel, friendly staff, great food and relaxing ambience. I will tell Geri and Nelson that you mentioned them in your feedback - they will be delighted to hear that their hospitality was noted.

Aren’t the floating platforms along our beachfront fantastic? They create a fun setting for guests to decompress and nothing compares to the beautiful view of the ocean surrounding you. At our resort, we know that finding the idyllic spot to relax and reconnect with family and friends is a major part of the ultimate beach house experience!

Thank you for recommending us and we can’t wait to welcome you back again to Cayman very soon.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Check in was smooth, food was good, and view was awesome from our ocean view room. Every morning at the pool Courtney greeted was a smile and kind words. I can't remember any else's name on the staff but they were nice. It is definitely some place we will go back too.

Room Tip: If you go to the beach, always get a beach front room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MLW1211
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear MLW1211, we appreciate you sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you had the best vacation! Thank you also for your lovely comments on our good food, awesome views and nice staff. I will make sure to tell Courtney that you mentioned him in your review – he will be happy to know that his friendly service was appreciated.

During your stay, did you have the chance to check out our new gelato stand in our lobby? We have partnered up with Gelato & Co. Cremeria Italiana, who make their gelato fresh everyday with the highest ingredients. With mouthwatering flavors like Bacio – a delicious blend of dark chocolate and hazelnut and local mango to name a few; indulging in gelato is a perfect way to cool down and end your sun-filled day at the beach!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to Cayman again very soon!