“A great beach day (cruise day pass)”

Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Salem, Ohio
“A great beach day (cruise day pass)”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were in Grand Cayman on a Disney Cruise in late Oct 2013. There were 7 of us (my parents, my husband and I, and our 3 kids ages). We got day passes here (just took a cab and told them at the front desk we wanted to hang out for the day). I believe it was $30 for adults and kids were free, and they gave us one adult free because we were only there for half a day. We were able to use the beach chairs, umbrellas and towels (as many of each as we needed) and also had access to the bathrooms, pool and hot tub, though we never left the beach. The service was really good and the ocean was absolutely gorgeous. Fish were swimming all around us and there were little rafts out in the water that we could set our beers/cups on. It was very quiet and relaxing. So quiet, in fact, that I was shushing the kids when we got there for fear their laughing would disrupt the other guests. LOL My husband was laughing at me but I didn't want to be a nuisance. One note is that I think they only allow cruise passengers to get the day passes on the "off season" so I'd double check before you leave. There is a public area down the beach, it just seemed really crowded and like that's where everyone goes. We like a less-populated beach, which is why we came here, but we seemed to be the only cruise passengers here on this day. The bar was quite expensive so be prepared for that. I believe it was $45 for 3 drinks and a beer (before tip). The drinks were really good though. Probably a rum punch or something similar. Just kinda pricey if you'll be drinking a lot.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
12 Thank 3in4mama
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear 3in4mama, thanks for sharing feedback on our resort. We are glad that you and your family had a great time! We appreciate your kind comments about our good service and gorgeous beach.

It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of the fun beach house activities that our resort has to offer. I think Seven Mile Beach is one of the most picturesque beaches in the Caribbean with its calm and warm waters and soft powdery sand – it really can’t be beat!

Were you able to explore our Artificial Reef project which is just a short swim from our beachfront? Many of our guests tell us that they really enjoy snorkeling around the man-made reef balls and often bring breadcrumbs to feed the colorful fish that surround the area. And aren’t the relaxation platforms we have floating along our beachfront fantastic? They create a fun setting for guests to decompress and nothing compares to the beautiful view of the ocean surrounding you.

Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you and your family again very soon!

Ingrid Chaves, Director of Rooms Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,529)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

First off let me just debunk all the negative reviews about this Resort. Just two words " Absolutely False" The Resort and staff were amazing!! We traveled from 7/15-7/22 with two kids 5 and 8.The doormen Howard went out of his way to help out and suggest where and what to see when asked. Beach Service is prompt and friendly as can be, special thanks to Tilly and Rachael who always seemed to be around when you need a nice refreshing dink or two. Also have to mention Katherine at the kids club for making my two daughter feel comfortable and got them to interact with other Kids. Happiest person I have ever met, and should probably have her own kids network show. The two restaurants we attended in the Hotel, Solana and Red Parrot were top notch. You must got to lobster night at Solana (delicious) and another must is the squid ink pasta with shell fish and the beef carpaccio at Red Parrot. Never struggled to find a beach chair on the beach and was always assisted by a Marriott worker when an umbrella was needed. Staff would always go beyond what they needed to do and always had a smile doing it!!! Must be the happiest Island I have visited thus far. Rooms were kept clean, and to my viewing were up to date, did not see any signs of neglect. Everything in the room was in perfect working condition. Was a little skeptical about the weather, looking at my phone prior to leaving and seeing thunderstorms and rain all 7 days, all non-sense, no worries. You will pray that clouds will cover the sun some days as the sun is extremely hot. Remember to apply sun protection at least 2-3 times a day if you plan to stay on the beach for a long period of time. Thanks for a wonderful and memorable vactation

4 Thank JMLivingtheDream
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear JMLivingtheDream, thank you for taking the time to provide such a glowing review of our resort. We are thrilled that you and your family had a wonderful and memorable vacation! We also appreciate your lovely feedback on our top-notch restaurants as well as our friendly and attentive staff. I will make sure to tell Howard, Tilly, Rachael and Kathryn that you mentioned them in your feedback – they will be glad to hear that they made such a lasting impression on your time with us.

Isn’t the food in Solana and Red Parrot fantastic? I recently attended a tasting panel for both restaurant menus and I am really looking forward to the new dishes we will be serving! The theme for our restaurants after our renovation will be inspired by international cuisines but made with mostly locally sourced ingredients with a Caribbean flair. The menu is going to be absolutely amazing with dishes like jerk pork poutine, pork belly crepe and a Caribbean lobster roll; just to name a few. Watch this space to hear more about all the exciting changes that will be taking place at our resort in the next few months. We hope you will be impressed by all the fabulous enhancements to our hotel the next time you visit!

And thank you for calling us the happiest island you have visited us so far – that really is a major compliment! We appreciate you choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to see you and your family again very soon!

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were really blown away by the exceptional Marriott staff. Every single person we encountered was professional and went the extra mile to help us. There are so many nice touches which made a difference in our stay; beach toys & floats for the kids, poolside popsicles in the afternoons, the Dive In movie, and even the ice water and aloe gel available out by the pool.

We really enjoyed the resort's restaurants. The wait staff were great and very attentive. Loved the gelato, too!

The Kid's Club was amazing, there were so many fun activities for children. My son loved the s'mores roasting and the trivia night and Katheryn! She is a gem and is so great with the kids!

The grounds were clean and lovely and the beach is beautiful. Clear warm water and snorkeling right off of the beach. Great location on 7 Mile Beach.

I cannot think of a single negative to this resort, we loved every second we were there!

4 Thank PerpetualHoliday
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear PerpetualHoliday, thanks for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are so thrilled that you and your family had a fantastic time at our resort! We appreciate you noticing all the great details that make up the Beach House experience – we really want our guests to cherish the little touches that evoke the carefree and fun loving nature of summer!

We are also grateful for your kind words about our nice restaurants, beautiful beach, great location and attentive staff (I will tell Kathryn that you mentioned her in your review – she will be delighted!)

We know that our guests spend most of their time on the beach and in the water so we go out of our way to make sure they get the most out of their days. Did you have the chance to go on the Kittiwake Shipwreck Tour, which is organized by Red Sail Sports (next to the Towel Hut and pool)? They offer boat rides to the Kittwake a few times a week – it is one of the most unforgettable experiences! What I really like about it is that you don’t have to be an experienced diver to appreciate the wreck. It is one of the most accessible shipwrecks with the top of it within seven feet of the surface – it is like being in a swimming pool! Plus the wreck is slowly being transformed into an artificial reef and is teeming with colorful fish. It really is an experience that is not to be missed!

We are so glad that you enjoyed every second at our Beach House and we hope to see you and your family again very soon!

New york
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Marriott Grand Cayman is one of the most beautiful resorts we've ever seen. The service we received was outstanding!! Special kudos for Nelson at the front door, and Anne one of the hostesses. Both were very attentive and during out stay. As someone who worked in the service industry in the past, I understand the long hours and having to work on weekends so I can't thank Nelson, Anne and all staff members( including Judith who attended to us at breakfast, and Daniel at the front desk) for their hard work and attentiveness during our visit. They always had a warm smile for us every day. I'm just sorry I can't recall every staff member's name to thank each person individually. All I can say is that the management team at Marriott Grand Cayman resort are fortunate to have such phenomenal people in their employ. I will definitely refer others to this resort and will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank avast_tortuga
Marriott_GrandCayman, Manager at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear avast_tortuga, thanks for your feedback on our resort. It is music to our ears to hear that our Beach House is one of the most beautiful resorts you have ever seen! We really appreciate your kind comments about our outstanding customer service. I will tell Nelson, Anne, Judith and Daniel that all their hard work and attentiveness were noticed and appreciated – they will be thrilled! I agree, I think we have the friendliest, kindest and most professional team in Cayman and I am so glad to hear that you think so too!

Did you have the opportunity to enjoy all the fun activities that the hotel offers such as our free bike rentals? One of the most enjoyable ways you can spend a beautiful breezy morning in Cayman is by discovering the island by bicycle. We were inspired by memories of riding along through the picturesque countryside with loved ones during our own vacation experiences and wanted to re-create these special moments for our guests. We hope you had the chance to reconnect in the same way!

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here 5 nights,it was wonderful. The staff are super nice and actually care to remember you and greet you! Food is very good,we loved sushi night and the breakfast but even just the snacks they had out by the pool and beach were super yummy,but i would of like the option of chips and salsa. The drinks are okay,my few mixed drinks i ordered just tasted like straight rum instead of a yummy colada. Expect to be spending alot of money!! Its worth it and will come back. For every $100 US its $80 CI. All around great place for families and couples. They have kids club and the beach is clean. Wonderful time!

Room Tip: Dont pay the extra for an ocean view room,we were never in ours long enough to truely enjoy.
1 Thank Scott N Jenna B
Dear Scott N Jenna B, thank you for reviewing our resort. We are so glad that you thought it was a piece of heaven! We appreciate your lovely comments about our super nice staff, good food and nice beach.

I love Sushi Night at our resort too! I think we have one of the best sushi chefs on the island. Earlier this year, he went on an exploratory trip to California to discover the best ways of preparing sushi. The concepts that he has brought back with him are nothing short of the best and you can really tell when you sample his delicious dishes.

And I really like the picture that you took from our beach at sunset. Aren’t the floating chairs and platforms along our beachfront fantastic? They create a fun setting for guests to decompress and nothing compares to the beautiful view of the ocean surrounding you. At our resort, we know that finding the idyllic spot by the sea to relax and reconnect with loved ones is a major part of the ultimate beach house experience!

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

As we entered Grand Cayman we saw this beautiful and friendly Island with so many amazing landscapes. As we approached the lobby of Marriott on July 1st, we were given a taste of rum cake along with some fruit punch and was escorted to the 5th floor corner unit, court yard, which overlooked the lagoon, which was simply magnificent in an S shape, with turtles,palm trees, exotic plants,hammock chairs,hanging lights and a very old bicycle and very serene and tranquil music playing. However, as for the beach,there was a lot to be desired. We strongly recommend water shoes. We would like to thank the entire staff for all their attentive service. Just to mention a few restaurant hostesses; Anne, where is my suitcase?,(LOL) Karen, with the beautiful jewelry and the evening display of dinner candles, Deepa, restaurant waiters and waitresses, Michael,Eric,Myrna,Lounge Cafe Bar, Gerald,Syrene, thanks for your picture w/ Dominick we will treasure that. Marc, and we do apologize D.Asst.Manger,Front desk asst.Manger Louis and the beach crew Courtney,Louis, Andrew thank you for the champagne, and most of all our maid Viva.Thanks to all.

Room Tip: We always enjoy the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear tirehead, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay with us. It sounds like you had a very relaxing time! We appreciate your kind words about our attentive customer service. I will make sure to tell Anne, Karen, Deepa, Michael, Eric, Myrna, Gerald, Syrene, Marc, Louis, Courtney, Andrew and Viva that you mentioned them in your feedback. They will be thrilled to learn that they all made a great impression on your time with us.

Isn't the Turtle Lagoon and Courtyard lovely? It is such a tranquil place to relax and decompress! Our guests always tell us how much they enjoy curling up with a good book on our distinctive outdoor furniture. I agree, think the ambience is so serene.

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful island again very soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Thanks to all the staff at Marriott Grand Cayman for a great vacation.Exceptional service in restaurant facilities from all personnel, especially Anne, Sheila, Neil in Balboa Lounge and excellent oversight from Edson made for a memorable experience. We will always remember your warm hospitality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Brookslite, thanks so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you and your family had a relaxing vacation! We appreciate your generous comments about our exceptional customer service. I will share your lovely feedback with Anne, Sheila, Neil and Edson. They will all be delighted to hear that their warm hospitality made a lasting impression on your time with us.

I am glad to hear that you had the chance to dine at our restaurants. With more than 106 different nationalities represented on our beautiful island, Cayman inevitably have a diverse culinary offering. There are a mixture of gastronomic influences stemming from Europe, South America and the rest of the Caribbean (just to name a few). At our restaurants, we provide fresh, simple and innovative dishes. By offering various specialty nights, we feel that we can really showcase a diverse range of delicious cuisines. I am glad that you enjoyed it!

Thank you for choosing us as your Beach House in Cayman and we hope to welcome you and your family back again in the near future.