When we first arrived at the hotel we checked in and immediately have to relocate. My husband was in the bathroom putting our items away when he heard this noise and the floor started to vibrate. They failed to tell us that they were doing some remodeling and they would be working on it for sometime. We were given another room with a better view. On the second day we were there we went down to the conceirge to get some information on the water excursions. We waited almost 45 minutes for the lady to even recognize the fact we were standing there. I immediately went over to the front desk to see if they could help me and they stated that I needed to go back and wait. What kind of service is this?? If your looking to spend a lot of cash your on the right island. My husband and I went to the Solana Resturant where I ordered a steak with potoates and vegetables. I got four potatoes that were maybe a 1/2 inch in legth with a baby carrott that still had the stem on it and my husband got the lobster plate. We then ordered two coffees with the taramisu and our bill was $160.00 US dollars!! That's right!! No matter where you went, it was very costly. It was $30.00 per person for breakfast at the Red Parrott which is a restuarant in the Marriott. If you want to snorkel it's $20.00 per rental per person per day. The beach was amazing as well as the sunset. The Sting Ray City tour was amazing and loved every minute of it. We did do the Turtle Farm and it was very depressing. It's really a place where they raise and kill the turtles for the meat. Don't waste your money. The Hard Rock cafe was great, but pricey as well. If you want to do some shopping please note they are only jewelry stores, liquor stores and places with cheap t-shirts. They caymanians go to Miami for clothes shopping. I found this out after I left my strapless bra at home! All in all it was a great trip and loved the sand and ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach House at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort makes you feel right at home. All of the spacious 295 guest rooms at our Grand Cayman resort have been completely refurbished. The main lobby "Anchor & Den" has transformed into a spacious, yet cozy place where you can connect, relax and spend time with family and friends. Experience enhanced culinary offerings at the new outdoor beach fish grill restaurant Veranda or have a drink at the Vista Bar - a perfect place to end the night in the Cayman Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Marriott Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Marriott
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort Cayman Islands