“Very nice stay - particularly the spa!”

Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Grand Cayman
“Very nice stay - particularly the spa!”
Reviewed 2 November 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the Marriot. The beach location is perfect and the hotel has a fabulous pool to relax around and cool off from the heat of the day. Although slightly dated, our junior suite room was comfortable, spacious and clean. The staff throughout the hotel were friendly, approachable and attentive.

The hotel has an attractive central courtyard where you can sit a relax and watch the baby turtles swimming by! The spa may be small but it also very comfortable, and I fully recommend that you have a massage at this hotel (much better than some of the more expensive hotel spas that I've used!).

Whilst I would not describe this hotel as luxury, it is very clean, comfortable and welcoming - I would recommend that you stay here. Well done the Marriot Grand Cayman!

2 Thank Mark2211

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,527)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 29 October 2009

We have just returned from our honeymoon on Grand Cayman where we stayed at the Marriott for 11 nights and we give it a huge thumbs up. We had a sea view room on the 5th floor which I would def recommend paying out for if you can recommend it as the views are to die for. Although the court yard area is lovely too, just not as special a view. Our room was immaculate, huge and very very comfortable with flat screen tv and ipod dock and speakers. All staff were very friendly and the bar does a good selection of cocktails and bar snacks. Concierge are great at helping to arrange and organise trips. Would def return to this hotel and would highly recommend it to others.

1 Thank caroluk81
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 26 October 2009

This hotel was great. We found the staff great and the hotel was clean and immaculate. The beach was the best ever and the snorkling was amazing. We paid quite a lot extra for the fantastic sea view which was amazing, however the one really annoying thing is that hotel guests would congregate in the hot tub at sometimes 3 am in the morning for a chat. After a night of drinking the conversation would be exceptionally loud and I am sure we were not the only guests that would be woken up nearly every night of our stay. I understand that the hotel has a sign asking guests not to swim or hot tub after 11 pm but this is not clearly displayed and either guests don't see it or don't care. But apart from that I would definitely stay there again

1 Thank poppy096
Everywhere
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I have visited the cayman islands many times and i found the Marriott to be one of the friendliest hotels with friendly staff everywhere.
They also have this pond where you can see turtles and iguanas before heading to the beach.

The best location I found to go snorkeling is in front of the Westin Hotel or Ritz, Marriott does have a few rocks and boulders in their waters in front of the hotel which are great to see fish but waters are a bit shallower, but if you stay at the Marriott, you can always walk a few feet and reach Westin waters. Its on the same strip, just a few feet down.

I found marriott to be clean, they have a friendly colorful vibe to it with complimentary huge red umbrellas you can use, which I think are great while tanning. Marriott is located on 7 mile beach, so you can literally walk up and down the strip and enjoy great waters left and right.

The reason I didnt choose Westin, is because I found their staff to be uptight and a bit nosey/rude. They like to question if you are staying at the hotel every chance they get and they always looked at me suspiciously like where I am going or sitting or doing, which I have never experienced or been harrassed at Marriott or Ritz. (but ritz is pricey).
Ritz definitely does have a nice beachfront area, which is good for snorkeling.

If youre looking for an affordable, clean, friendly service that is a FUN place (I found Westin to be too serious and Ritz was too fancy for me), then Marriott in the Cayman Islands is the best choice to go!

Oh~ and dont forget to try the pina coladas at Marriott and their seasoned fries!! I get those everytime!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) If you want to rent Jetskis- head to Westin. (30 min for $30 dollars and so on..)
2) Buses will take you anywhere for $2...I advise you take a bus the whole trip, taxis are a rip off and the bus literally goes EVERYWHERE, even to deep streets! Just flag them down, theyre always honking. Also, I once got tricked by a local to pay $3. Just know ahead of time, that it is $2 CI (not USD), so get your money exchanged at the hotel beforehand. ($20 US is only $16 CI- after conversion)
3) Eat at Coconut Joes- close to Marriott on the street side. Ask around, people are friendly. ($0.25 wings on sundays)
4) Party at Next Level Nightclub. You will run into a lot of medical students that are on the island, music is pretty good-hiphop.
5) Night Life- Party at Calicos. I advise you take the bus to Calicos, its not walking distance to any hotels. Its a bar/dancefloor/tables on the beach. If you can, go on a FULL MOON night. They have full moon parties.
6) Most exotic restaurants are a rip off (chinese, thai)...and it wont be like the taste you find in America unfortunately. I have yet to find a chinese restaurant that carried Sweet and Sour sauce...you'll end up spending a lot of money for food, which I think is not that worthy.
7) If you want to try JERK CHICKEN, definitely head to Next Level Nightclub, I think it opens after 9pm...but they BBQ Jerk Chicken in front of the nightclub and its AMAZING!
8) While youre down there, DONT LEAVE without going to StingRay City. Its definitely worth it, you will be taken to a remote area in the middle of the ocean. The waters are very clear and SHALLOW. Literally 4 feet high..and the stingrays are amazing and friendly. Its a once in a lifetime experience, and even if you dont get off the boat, try it! Its about $20 per person usually. You'll get a chance to feed them, hold them, even kiss them.

I think thats about it...downtown is nice, but mostly souevenir shops for keychains, hats and towels. Enjoy!! Its a beautiful island!

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
6 Thank Loovetraveling
NJ
Reviewed 16 October 2009

Where do I start.... Beach GORGEOUS!!!
Service... TERRIBLE
Staff at hotel are the rudest and slowest I have ever met in the carribean islands.
Food VERY expensive at the hotel and you get nothing.
Hotel would advertise stuff like breakfast buffet and then we asked for it, the waitress who mind you came 20 min. after we were sat was like "oh, we don't have that because there are not enough guests".
I don't care about other guests, I'M here on MY vacation. I pay the same rate to come here. I should be treated like any other time. Little stuff like that happened everywhere.
I'm usually not an angry person, but this hotel staff was unbelievable. Really pic another hotel!!!!!! Oh and the construction... Jack hammers all day.. MY GOD!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank polo27ee
Millbrae, California
Reviewed 15 October 2009

When visiting Grand Cayman, a hotel that has a beach is a must. The Marriott offers comfortable, spacious rooms in front of seven mile beach. Staff is warm and friendly, like almost everyone I met on the island and very helpful. The room had a very comfortable bed which is extremely important after a long day at the office. Room service was prompt and courteous, although the food was so-so. All in all a very good experience.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
NY, NY
Reviewed 13 October 2009

The hotel is on one of the nicest beaches I've been to. You can even snorkel right there, it was awesome, the fish came right up to you. The fish and chips at the beach bar were excellent although over priced. The breakfast was not bad. Had all other meals outside the hotel. Overall the cleanlinless was good. The rooms were nice but the pillows were not comfortable. For great food that was not too pricey near the hotel was at Cimboca across the and down to the left behind the gas station. The Wharf had a great ambiance and great food. We had the best fish tacos at Sunshine suites.