Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$310
ComfortSuites
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$319
US$706
US$643
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$269
US$333
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
US$1,167
US$1,072
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$1,226
US$1,106
  • Pool
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)
5,661 results
All reviewsanchor denveranda restaurantturtle lagooncrepescourtyard viewgrand caymanlobster nightreef ballsfishartificial reefgelatored sailacross the streetan umbrellaall you can eatkids clubresort fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2009

We had a very nice stay at the Marriott in October 2009. The hotel is in a great location on Seven Mile beach. Decent snorkeling just offshore. Rooms were well appointed and very comfortable and clean. Our air conditioning, however, barely cooled the room and our clothes never dried during our week.

Drink specials each day/evening at the beach bar, however watch for changing prices in the late afternoon. We had the drink of the day one day, the "Mudslide". They were $6 in the afternoon. When we ordered them in the early evening, we were charged $40 Cayman for four of them (about $12 US apiece!!!).

Coconut Joes across the street was great for open air dining at a very reasonable price. Check out the $.25 Wing Night on Sundays. Also, the Aqua Beach Bar is right across the street and is another great option for reasonably priced meals. This place was crazy hoppin' on Saturday night with a mix of tourists and locals.

Overall, very nice stay at the Marriott.

2  Thank goals1
Reviewed 2 November 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the Marriot. The beach location is perfect and the hotel has a fabulous pool to relax around and cool off from the heat of the day. Although slightly dated, our junior suite room was comfortable, spacious and clean. The staff throughout the hotel were friendly, approachable and attentive.

The hotel has an attractive central courtyard where you can sit a relax and watch the baby turtles swimming by! The spa may be small but it also very comfortable, and I fully recommend that you have a massage at this hotel (much better than some of the more expensive hotel spas that I've used!).

Whilst I would not describe this hotel as luxury, it is very clean, comfortable and welcoming - I would recommend that you stay here. Well done the Marriot Grand Cayman!

2  Thank Mark2211
Reviewed 29 October 2009

We have just returned from our honeymoon on Grand Cayman where we stayed at the Marriott for 11 nights and we give it a huge thumbs up. We had a sea view room on the 5th floor which I would def recommend paying out for if you can recommend it as the views are to die for. Although the court yard area is lovely too, just not as special a view. Our room was immaculate, huge and very very comfortable with flat screen tv and ipod dock and speakers. All staff were very friendly and the bar does a good selection of cocktails and bar snacks. Concierge are great at helping to arrange and organise trips. Would def return to this hotel and would highly recommend it to others.

1  Thank caroluk81
Reviewed 26 October 2009

This hotel was great. We found the staff great and the hotel was clean and immaculate. The beach was the best ever and the snorkling was amazing. We paid quite a lot extra for the fantastic sea view which was amazing, however the one really annoying thing is that hotel guests would congregate in the hot tub at sometimes 3 am in the morning for a chat. After a night of drinking the conversation would be exceptionally loud and I am sure we were not the only guests that would be woken up nearly every night of our stay. I understand that the hotel has a sign asking guests not to swim or hot tub after 11 pm but this is not clearly displayed and either guests don't see it or don't care. But apart from that I would definitely stay there again

1  Thank poppy096
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I have visited the cayman islands many times and i found the Marriott to be one of the friendliest hotels with friendly staff everywhere.
They also have this pond where you can see turtles and iguanas before heading to the beach.

The best location I found to go snorkeling is in front of the Westin Hotel or Ritz, Marriott does have a few rocks and boulders in their waters in front of the hotel which are great to see fish but waters are a bit shallower, but if you stay at the Marriott, you can always walk a few feet and reach Westin waters. Its on the same strip, just a few feet down.

I found marriott to be clean, they have a friendly colorful vibe to it with complimentary huge red umbrellas you can use, which I think are great while tanning. Marriott is located on 7 mile beach, so you can literally walk up and down the strip and enjoy great waters left and right.

The reason I didnt choose Westin, is because I found their staff to be uptight and a bit nosey/rude. They like to question if you are staying at the hotel every chance they get and they always looked at me suspiciously like where I am going or sitting or doing, which I have never experienced or been harrassed at Marriott or Ritz. (but ritz is pricey).
Ritz definitely does have a nice beachfront area, which is good for snorkeling.

If youre looking for an affordable, clean, friendly service that is a FUN place (I found Westin to be too serious and Ritz was too fancy for me), then Marriott in the Cayman Islands is the best choice to go!

Oh~ and dont forget to try the pina coladas at Marriott and their seasoned fries!! I get those everytime!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) If you want to rent Jetskis- head to Westin. (30 min for $30 dollars and so on..)
2) Buses will take you anywhere for $2...I advise you take a bus the whole trip, taxis are a rip off and the bus literally goes EVERYWHERE, even to deep streets! Just flag them down, theyre always honking. Also, I once got tricked by a local to pay $3. Just know ahead of time, that it is $2 CI (not USD), so get your money exchanged at the hotel beforehand. ($20 US is only $16 CI- after conversion)
3) Eat at Coconut Joes- close to Marriott on the street side. Ask around, people are friendly. ($0.25 wings on sundays)
4) Party at Next Level Nightclub. You will run into a lot of medical students that are on the island, music is pretty good-hiphop.
5) Night Life- Party at Calicos. I advise you take the bus to Calicos, its not walking distance to any hotels. Its a bar/dancefloor/tables on the beach. If you can, go on a FULL MOON night. They have full moon parties.
6) Most exotic restaurants are a rip off (chinese, thai)...and it wont be like the taste you find in America unfortunately. I have yet to find a chinese restaurant that carried Sweet and Sour sauce...you'll end up spending a lot of money for food, which I think is not that worthy.
7) If you want to try JERK CHICKEN, definitely head to Next Level Nightclub, I think it opens after 9pm...but they BBQ Jerk Chicken in front of the nightclub and its AMAZING!
8) While youre down there, DONT LEAVE without going to StingRay City. Its definitely worth it, you will be taken to a remote area in the middle of the ocean. The waters are very clear and SHALLOW. Literally 4 feet high..and the stingrays are amazing and friendly. Its a once in a lifetime experience, and even if you dont get off the boat, try it! Its about $20 per person usually. You'll get a chance to feed them, hold them, even kiss them.

I think thats about it...downtown is nice, but mostly souevenir shops for keychains, hats and towels. Enjoy!! Its a beautiful island!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business