“Great value, great locatioin, great vacation”

Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
MN
“Great value, great locatioin, great vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

We had booked a stay at a less expensive all inclusive resort not far from the Marriott, only to be informed that the resort we were supposed to stay at was closing for business 2 weeks before we were scheduled to arrive.

The company we had used to book our trip managed to negotiate a deal with Marriott to accommodate us in a very nice room under the Marriott all inclusive package for only $15 more per night than the original property. We gladly accepted the deal.

When we arrived we were so glad that events transpired as they had, this property was fantastic. The staff were all incredibly helpful, the common areas were beautiful, the beds were big and comfortable, and they beach was everything we had hoped for.

Things not to miss include:
Having a drink in the courtyard by the water. We were able to see turtles in the pool and some iguanas here and there.

Dinner at the Solera restaurant on property at sunset. This is an upscale patio restaurant that is open air and overlooks the beach and ocean. All levels of dress were accepted, the food was fantastic and the view was unbeatable.

Snorkling right off the beach. The Marriott placed coral planters not far into the water which has started to attract some sea life. We were able to see fish every time we went in the water.

The spa. We had a couples massage during our stay and it was perfect for our trip where we were celebrating our wedding anniversary.

We absolutely loved our stay and look forward to our next opportunity to stay at the Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ochosi73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,463)
  • Polish first
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

Hotel was nice, clean & safe. The negative for our whole vacation is that is was more expensive than I was expecting due to the weak dollar. Best things about hotel - beautiful beach, excellent snorkel area right behind hotel, large breakfast buffett, accomidating staff, overall cleanliness, very safe, turtles in lagoon, free parking, plenty of towels. Best things about the island - Very safe, Capt Marvins, Stingray City, lots of snorkel areas.

Advice - rent a car (we used the one across street from hotel) as it's the best way to get to everything. Food everywhere is expensive - Eat the hotel breakfast buffett (good food, moderatly priced, can take the place of breakfast & lunch). Buy a bottle of rum & soda & keep your own supply in your room. Hit as many island beach/snorkel spots as you can. Avoid shopping as it's a waste of time compared to our malls in the US

If we had the chance to return to Grand Cayman we would return to the Marriott. The dollar would have to be stronger though.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Essexd0ug
Mountainside, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

I traveled with my mother and we were looking forward to enjoying some R&R after a rough summer of medical drama. While our intent was to spend most of our time on the beach & in the pool, Tropical Storm Nicole put the kabosh on that plan. Instead, we spent several days indoors due to 50mph winds and flooded streets. Since the weather kept us indoors for several days, we relied on the spa, shopping, restaurants and staff to maintain our sanity until the rough weather passed. The resort is beautiful & there's very easy access to the pool and beach. The grounds are immaculate, and the iguanas and turtles in the courtyard provided much amusement. The staff was, simply put, outstanding. From Howard the bell-hop, to Laurant the bartender - and I'd be remiss if I left out Anna, Sebastian and Gloria. Customer service was top-notch here and everyone seemed to truly love their job. Even the horrendous weather didn't put a damper on their spirits. While I wouldn't recommend Grand Cayman in September (due to inclement weather) I would highly recommend this resort as a direct result of their superior staff.

• Stayed September 2010
Lindale, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

Our ocean front junior suite met all our needs altho we wished we would have had a larger refrigerator. Didn't spend much time in the room but the space was fine and the bed comfy. We had looked at a regular size room which would have been snug but the jr suite was fine. Enjoyed the beach services being on property, especially the jet skis (got a great deal) and the parasailing- a must do. Fantabulous snorkeling right off the beach---the Marriott went way above board with the coral balls which provides a great habitat for the fish. Would defintely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bdneid
San Francisco Bay Area
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

I was heading to Little Cayman for some scuba diving and my wife asked me to over night and recon the Marriott Beach Resort. We normally stay at the Westin on 7 Mile Beach with our family but wanted to give our favorite stateside brand a good solid look.

Well, I was really quite disappointed with the customer service from top to bottom with the staff. The negative details I feel might be too long to list and I was only there for one night.

The one positive was the spaciousness of the rooms. So that was my thumbs up but the rest of my stay was a big thumbs down.

Customer Service is critically important and the moment that fails everything else follows. It's sad when the cigar salesmen in the lobby is the most helpful person you can find.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

Just spent a week at the Marriott Grand Cayman Beach Resort and was completely satisfied. Staff was friendly and very attentive to all our needs, going out of their way on several occasions to make sure we were made happy. This was our second visit to the island and our first to the Marriott. Would go back in a second!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

Loved it loved it..... Read the reviews here and felt comfortable in using the Mariott rewards points. My friend and I decided to book a quick get away for the Labor day weekend, we have been to the Bahamas a million and 1 times and been to Jamaica too. So we wanted to try something different. Since we live in Miami FL, and it was a short weekend I thought why not Cayman since it was so close to us. We checked out the photos and the hotel is exactly what it appears to be online. As we arrived on the Island, there is a taxi stand that is organized quite well in an orderly fashion. You just join the line ( took us about 2 min) and then the operator directs you to the designated cab. Took us maybe 15 mins or less to get to the hotel.Not more than $20 U.S Not exactly sure how long the ride was, too busy looking around at the Island. I'm so use to the hustling and bustling of other Islands so it was nice to see a quiet and calm Island for a change.... Best of all I heard its illegal for locals to try to sell you anything there so that was great....Once we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with a fruit punch (I think) maybe rum punch or was that on the flight... Whatever it was, some kind of drink... Oh and they had concierge opening doors and readily available to help.... Really nice....Our room wasn't ready so I went straight out the back to see the ocean... I'm a fish by the way so I just have to be in the water. On the way to the beach you have to walk through the garden.. That was really cute, the description that pretty much everyone else has said about it is up to par. Of course I was greeted by an iguana that i almost stepped on, just had to be me. The beach lets just say peace on earth... Tranquility... really nice, not a wave in sight... so calming, I have been to a few Caribbean beaches and this one is definitely one to mention.... I just wanted to Jump in, jeans and all but i had an excursion booked so going in would have to wait. Check my photos out it really captures the tranquility of the beach. I had an ocean view suite, it was nicely kept up. The view was the deal breaker...... the room had a microwave a little sink/kitchen area and a couch/bed. It was nice not 5 star but it was comfortable and relaxing. For me the bathroom could have been cleaned a little more. Had hair in the tub from the previous guest but nothing to complain about, plus I'm a little ocd so it might just be me. The toilet roll is just placed in a weird spot you kind of need to get off the toilet and turn all the way around to get some paper..... :) Over all I have no complaints....Asked for a wake up call and they are prompt in doing so... trust me its appreciated, been to hotels before and no wake up call was ever made. We ate outside by the beach and their food was really nice, I had the Mahi wrap and that was fresh, did taste abit different the other day but was still good. As everyone has pretty much mentioned, yes the food is more expensive here but I didn't find it to be too extravagant.... If your a fish like myself you will absolutely love the beach, their man-made reef is really nice and the fish LOVE it.. They were so many and they follow you as you snorkel. Don't forget to bring your own snorkel. The reef is a little eerie looking at sunset so i didn't bother snorkeling too late (looks like enormous beehives). I saw a moray eel there too..... On one morning a few guest took a muffin in the ocean to feed the fish but i didn't, the guests seemed to really enjoy that.... They had a ton of fish around them. There are mosquitos there at night, the outside restaurant has bug repellant, but I brought mine along from the states. There wasn't a lot of guest staying at the hotel during my stay so getting a chair was not a problem, plus I didnt need it, stayed in the water mostly. However if you need a chair their is ample... The beach attendant is always their to set up an umbrella for you. Just take a look at my pics. It speaks for itself.... I'll be going back before Thanksgiving... You'll have a great time......Enjoy......

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple