I stayed here for a couple of nights for a wedding, and I really loved it.
The beach is private, quiet and pristine. The complex is like your very own private house on the beach.
I had lunch at the Westin and the Ritz next door, and to be honest I preferred the peace and non resort feel of this place. You don't realize how private it is until you walk down 7 mile beach and see how many people are on the beach where the cruise ships drop them off.
The condo we stayed at was specious, modern and in great condition. There was more space than we knew what to do with it. The beds were also very comfortable.
There is no greater feeling then having your room face right on to the beach where you can wake up to the ocean everyday.
Regarding food, there is a huge grocery store that is a 10 minute walk or quick taxi ride. The kitchen is spacious and great for cooking. If you cook the staff actually cleans everything up for you as part of their daily cleaning.
I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a home away from home feeling. If you are looking for a full out resort experience (full wait staff, water activities etc.) then try the Westin/Ritz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience one of the most luxurious Grand Cayman condo complexes on Seven Mile Beach. The Avalon Condominiums offers tranquility to all guests, with its spacious and private condos all facing the crystal clear water of one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Each of our elegant, oceanfront villas features 3 beds, 3 baths, gourmet kitchen, screened dining terrace, and stunning beach views. Amenities include a fitness center, swimming pool, tennis court, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your The Avalon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Avalon Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- The Avalon Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands