“Ideal for Total Relaxation”
Review of The Avalon

The Avalon
London, United Kingdom
“Ideal for Total Relaxation”
Reviewed 13 August 2006

For me to return to the same place twice is almost unheard of, but we came back to the Avalon condos after our wonderful experience last summer.

The beach is the beach of your dreams - perfect sand, crystal clear, warm calm water, and there was rarely anyone else on it at the same time as us, though July is not in high season. The pool too was never busy. I think that there was never more than one other family using it at the same time as us, which was great considering how many condos actually have the use of it.

Swimming in the pool under the stars was lovely and I would recommend it.

The daily maid service was helpful (she is off on Sundays), and my only gripe, if you can call it that, is that the air con only has one control for the whole flat. We were staying as guests of friends who liked the flat to be like a fridge and as a result I went to bed every night wearing a nightdress, t'shirt and cardigan - yes it really was that cold!

Apart from that little minor point, I think the place is a great place for a relaxing holiday.

Our friends have been coming to Cayman for years, and have stayed in most of the top hotels and checked out all the luxury condos. They have already booked for next summer. I think that says it all.

Stayed July 2006
8 Thank ilana613

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rogers, AR
Reviewed 20 July 2004

My wife and I loved the Avalon in Grand Cayman. It is on the prettiest stretch of 7 mile island, but it is not crowded as it is closer to Georgetown. The rooms are cleaned every day and the staff is quite helpful. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a quiet, relaxing week in paradise. There are many condos and hotels along this stretch of the island, but we felt that we were staying at the best.

15 Thank ClearBlue71
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 June 2003

I love the tropics and I have been through all of the Carribean. I have stayed in Grand Cayman on over 10 ocassions. My stay at the Avalon was perfect. The beach is sugary white and uncrowded. There are thatched huts for people that prefer to stay out of the sun. The 3 bedroom condo had an oceanfront view and balcony from the living room and master bedroom. The water was a beautiful aqua color which changed to a dark blue a couple of hundred yards out. If you want luxury, beauty and peace this is the place to go.

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2002

Our family has been visiting Grand Cayman anually for over 20 years, and I must say that the Avalon is one of the prettiest accomodations on Seven Mile Beach. The rooms are pleasantly decorated, spacious and clean. The beach is on the small side but offers both substantial shade and great sun. The pool and hot tub outfront are not huge but are pleasant and clean. The garages are a great addition. The property is upkept incredibly well. All in all, the Avalon is an excellent choice for accomadations in Grand Cayman!

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member