“Old, good location, go if you can't afford better”

7 Mile Beach Resort and Club
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Naples, Florida
“Old, good location, go if you can't afford better”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Wow, I had seen the reviews and felt ok about trading my timeshare for this. BIG MISTAKE! I should have used points and stayed elsewhere. The place is OLD. The newly rehabbed units with washer/dryer - washer already broken, knobs taped, only washes on hot. Maintenance man gets on a ladder, climbs up to the deck above mine, and starts scraping the mold off while I am sitting on deck. We did get a room overlooking the pool. The walk to the beach is short, but when you are carrying their heavy wooden beach umbrella,can be tiring. Why not put the chairs and umbrellas out each morning and night like the other resorts? We arrived on Sunday at 3:30 and the office was closed. My husband thinks it is ok due to the location. If you are on a budget, and can't afford more, the place is OK. You pay $145 for a fee on top of your trade.

Room Tip: If you must stay here overlook the pool. There are no elevators so YOU carry your luggage up the st...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank live4abeach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Went to 7 Mile Beach resort ( disclaimer- have a time share there). The place is getting alittle dated, but is a very nice place. Rooms are clean, staff very nice and helpful. The week we were there the dive shop did not have a boat, so we decided the just snorkel. The beach is about 400 hundred feet from the resort pool. Saw alot of fish and a lobster. Water clear and warm with little wave action. Food on the Cayman Islands is always good....though alittle expensive. Have fun!

Room Tip: Choose building on caribbean side
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Autoxer48
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Thanks to my fellow reviewers, my family and I were pleased with our Interval exchange at Seven mile! I had taken the time to read the reviews...and listened to all of the wonderful and helpful tips! Upon arrival, the hotel is not overly impressive but easily accessible and clean. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. We were early so our unit was not available so they suggested we lock up our things in another unit and take the complementary shuttle to the supermarket to pickup groceries. I knew that Caymans is expensive so I had already planned on eating in mostly so that worked out well! Our unit was gorgeous (#36), I had asked for third floor per someone recommendation and even though we did have to walk up the stairs, it was worth it! From our full size kitchen with stainless steel appliances into the dining room into the living room onto the screened in patio, it was beautiful! A master bedroom with king size bed and en suite full bathroom plus another bedroom with two full beds, we were very pleased! There is a path to the beach (about 100yds?),a beautiful swimming pool with waterfalls, even a shallow area for the little ones plenty of chairs (some people still felt the need to save chairs when they didnt even use them, ugh!) , 2 bbq grills which we took advantage of for a couple of dinners and an onsite dive shop! Also, thanks to a TA tip, we got an umbrella for the week free from the office! That helped on those really hot sunny days which was everyday, lol! The beautiful beach stretches for miles which we enjoyed walking at night for the amazing sunsets, their are chairs ready and waiting for you and the crystal clear water allows awesome snorkeling right in the shallows!! We used the public buses to go the Turtle Farm to swim with turtle, highly recommend that. Also, in your welcoming fun pack on the kitchen counter, there is a coupon card which got us 20% off!! We walked to Georgetown, it was hot but we did it! We went in all the shops, saw the harbor and found a secret beach! We also walked to Camana Bay which is a huge development across from the beach with a beautiful harbor, cinema and observation tower! The shops are pricey! but we did see that were kid friendly menus at the eateries. Our last night we ate at Coconut Joe's (again thanks to TA tip) which is right across the road. Bar and Grill with great atmosphere and seafood! My family had a great beach vacation with a little adventure thrown in and had a blast!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank 4bs2go
new york
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I just spent a week at 7 mile BR/C. It was very clean, well kept. The pool area had 2 very large/modern BBQing areas. The pool and jacuzzi were clean/large (even with a kiddie pool). The resort was at full capacity yet didnt feel anyway overcrowded. The beach is a mere 1 minute walk down the path. They water is a little rocky in the immediate area, but you can literally walk up 50 feet northward and swim/snorkel at a more clear area. There is a nice man-made reef with some coral and sea life to snorkel. The people at the management office were very kind and helpful.
My biggest complaint was that out of 7 full days there, the office only had an umbrella for the beach (free) to borrow for our last 2 days. I checked almost daily. What was nice was they actually called us when it was available. Im not sure if its a lack of enough umbrellas, or the poor policy of "check one out, keep it as long as you want". I went to the beach every single day and only saw 1 umbrella the entire time. People either liked the pool or went to a public beach. If I went again id bring my own portable umbrella. Its too hot in the afternoon under that sun.
The place is walking distance from a very nice shopping plaza (Camana bay) with a lot of nice places to eat anywhere from 2 to 20 min walk. Taxis showed up faster than you could set the phone down.
Was able to save some money by cooking breakfast and lunch several times.

I would go back to the same place again, I had a very good time. I miss sitting on the porch (screen enclosed) overlooking the pool (all units do), relaxing after a long day at the beach.

Room Tip: should probably request 1st or 2nd floor if available (2nd if you like to be up looking down from th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank docalab
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was our second visit to 7 Mile Beach Resort. The staff upon check in were fantastic! They're very friendly and welcoming. Rooms are very clean. We had 6 adults in the 2 bedroom condo and it was very comfortable. The updated appliances are a plus as well as the great grills near the pool. Dive shop personnel are very helpful and extremely knowledgeable. If you're looking for a Ritz Carleton experience this isn't the place. Like I said, it's simple, quiet and family oriented. The beach is a very short walk away to 7 mile beach and the resort has lounge chairs out there to use. The bonus is that there is a man made reef just off the beach with lots of colorful fish.

Room Tip: Try to avoid room #2 (it's directly under the office) and many people tried to walk into our con...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jenlieber
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times. Very nice and centrally located, so it is easy to get to dive sites. No complaints. Small complex with nice layout. Short walk to beach. Look forward to returning each year!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank moose_astro
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Overall, it was okay and the people that work there are very friendly, but nothing like our timeshare at Grand Timber Lodge in Breckenridge, Colorado that we traded for it. There were ants in our unit all the time in the kitchen, dining, and bathrooms. We had to spray all the time to get rid of them. At least they had the bug spray in the kitchen for us to use. The beds were so hard only having a mattress on top of a wood frame that my husband had to sleep on the love seat and I slept on the couch. Great way to spend our 25th anniversary. The booklet on the table explained that the reason the tennis courts and bar were out of commission is because hurricane Ivan hit the area and they have not been able to repair them yet. I saw that Hurricane Ivan was there in 2004 so that was 9 years ago. Not sure it should take that long to fix those things. The unit was spacious and a very nice size with a view of the pool. No views of the beach from any of the rooms though because they are not on the beach. It is a very short walk to the beach though and we saw a lot of nice fish snorkeling there. They said the Dive shop was closed due to a shortage of help to work there. I called about not getting many channels like the folder on the table in the room said we should have, like HBO, Showtime, and Starz and we only got one channel of about 5 that were listed. They told me they would try to get it fixed and get back to me. Then 2 days later when I inquired about it, they said that they have to make some phone calls to subscribe to them again and that will take a week or so. I think that may be kinda like the tennis courts and bar. The regular channels on the big screen tv were snowy most of the time. Free wifi, but every few minutes I had to disconnect and re-connect to the internet to get anything. We never bothered to tell them that the light in the jacuzzi doesn't work. Seems like this place is going downhill from what it once was to us. We did have a great time though and the area was perfect for us. The snorkeling everywhere was great!

Room Tip: We were in room 32 on the second floor and it was on the side closest to the walk to the beach. We r...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple