We had a really nice stay at Sunshine. The room was always clean. We enjoyed the fact that you could cook at least one meal per day to save money- since the island is very expensive. Fosters Food Market is right down the street.
We would definitely recommend renting a car. It was great to see the island this way. If you don't rent a car- use the bus system as we heard that the taxis are very pricey. They charge you $2 CI pp to go along Seven Mile. Just tell them where to stop and they let you off.
Sunshine Grill was GREAT! We never had a bad experience there. Drinks were great, and the food was NOT pricey considering the prices of all the other restaurants we experienced. We NEVER had to wait long for our food and neither did anyone else that we saw. The breakfast that is included definitely fills you up, but if you want a change their buffet was delicious as well. ($6 US pp)
We would recommend buying liquor at the duty free shop at whatever airport you go to before getting to Cayman. Our $14 dollar bottle of rum from the DF shop was $60 in Cayman!!! You are allowed to bring 1 liter per person.
We didn't mind crossing the street to go to the beach. Just look right first and people will stop for you if you are waiting in the middle turning lane.
The pool at SS is okay. Kind of in the middle of the restaurant area so it is awkward to swim. We mainly saw children swimming in it. If you are a pool person, SS might not be your first choice.
If you enjoy snorkeling- definitely go to Cheeseburger reef near the Burger King in Georgetown. Go to the small beach to the right of the BK and swim out to the diving boats. Amazing- absolutely breathtaking!
Lastly, we did Fat Fish jet ski to see the sting rays. This was really neat. We enjoyed it. It is a long tour- so give yourself extra time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands