We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our trip ( stayed at Rumpoint area before that). The check-in was pleasant and quick. They gave us bottled water while getting the key--which was nice and unexpected. The whole property was extremely clean and very attractive. They did have beach chairs which was a plus that you could take with you to the beaches. Some even had straps for carrying, which was good. All the chairs I looked at was in very good condition. This resort takes pride in what they offer. Yes, it is not on the beach but it is only a short walk. It was hard to cross the highway because of traffic----this I did not like. We had a car, so we usually went to Cemetery Beach instead of the beach across the street, BUT it was doable, you just had to be patient and usually someone would stop and let you cross the street.
They had a outside shower that you could rinse off before you went in to your unit. This was located by the sidewalk on the property when you walked back from the beach.
They were updated some rooms while we were there with new lamps, etc. Our room was very comfortable. We had a one bedroom on the ground floor. The bathroom was small.....a lot smaller than I liked but overall the room itself was good for the price. The air conditioner was louder than what I liked , especially when you were in the small seating area but once again not bad enough to switch rooms. The bed was comfortable and the linens were nice and fresh. For the value, compare to other places, it is one place you should consider without any hesitations.
The restaurant was also very good and it stayed busy at all times. I cannot say anything bad about the food or the service. Everything was good, and yes those little ice cream cones at the end of your meal is delicious. The hamburgers are probably the most popular item on the menu.
They also have chairs and hammocks located around the grounds area if you wish to sit outside and not be at the pool. Speaking of the pool, it is located right at the restaurant, so if you don't want to eat inside you can eat outside at the tables around the pool.
Overall, I would definitely recommend staying at the Sunshine Suites. I am sure if you had a problem, they would be willing to make it right. They are very proud of their property and they want you to enjoy being there..........that's my opinion anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands