We spent a week in November at Sunshine Suites Resort. The place is not fancy, but the room is nice, the bathroom is big and there are all possible appliances you might need: stove, fridge, microwave, iron, hairdrier. The location is very good, although you have to cross the road to reach the beach. Warning: there is NO restrooms and changing booths on the beach close to the hotel. You have to walk 15-20 minutes to the public beach to take a shower or return to the hotel. It is a problem if one has allergy on salted water like my husband. The bus stop is right at the corner of the highway and the big grocery store is at a distance of 10 minutes walk. It is a clean, comfortable, nice little hotel. I would give it 5 stars if AC in our room was not terribly noisy and continental breakfast was not the worst I've ever had. But it was not a problem. After the whole day of swimming and walking you don't pay attention on any noise, and we bought cheese, yogurts, etc. for breakfast at the grocery. By the way they have hot buffet with a good choice of food for $5 per lb.
The Grill restaurant at the hotel is very good and the food there is delicious. Don't miss it! Thanks, chef!!
The staff is very nice, friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay up to the last minute.
Hint: The best place to go snorkel is Cemetery beach :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands