Just got back from a wonderful vacation in Cayman Islands. Sunshine Suites is a very nice and clean resort very close to a truly beautiful beach. The room is nice and very clean, we had the Deluxe Suite and the staff is very, very friendly. I would say the room is a bit overpriced, but Grand Cayman is not cheap by definition and we had everything we needed in the room, minus the wireless internet that didn't work at all. The hotel provides beach towels, chairs and umbrellas, but make sure when you go to the beach to not stay close to the blue beach chairs and umbrellas belonging to the Villas of Galleon because a security guy will tell you to move away. Their private beach ends where the umbrella shade ends and it makes you feel like an intruder even though we only wanted to stay close to a tree shade because we have a child.
As for the food, people choices are definitely different but we didn't like their breakfast at the Sunshine Grill. You only get a lot of eggs, cereal, butter and jam, one choice of fruit yogurt and only a plate of fruits that end very quick. There is no cheese or meat or more fruits since is a tropical islands with a lot of fruit trees.
We had a chance to get our dinner reservation after 3 days and again, we weren't impressed at all.
We ate almost every dinner at the EatsCafe, 5 minutes walking from the resort on the right side after the Liquor Store. Their menu offers a lot of choices, the cocktails are very good as well, clean and nice service.
Also the Foster's supermarket is within walking distance, around 10-15 minutes and you can bring back the store cart and just leave it on the main road, it will be picked-up later by the store's employees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands