The Sunshine Suites Resort is not a luxury resort, but it is comfortable, clean, and the staff is incredibly friendly, helpful and attentive. The rooms are really nice and colorfully decorated. There are TV's in both the bedroom and the suite/living area. There is also a small kitchen area with dishes as well where you can store and cook food you get from the grocery store. Bathrooms are small but very clean. Beds are comfortable and the AC/fans work well.
The resort is across the street from Seven Mile Beach and they give you towels and there are beach chairs you can take over as well (first come first serve, but we never had a problem getting chairs). The beach is gorgeous. The water is crystal clear, like a pool. Buy goggles and you can snorkel in the area. It was such a nice beach for relaxing, walking and swimming. We went in November and the weather was absolutely perfect.
Breakfast is included at the Sunshine Suites and there was always cereal, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, muffins, and something hot like eggs and potatoes or pancakes. Plenty to choose from. The hotel restaurant, the Sunshine Grill is one of the best restaurants on the island and also affordable...A lot of the food/restaurants there are very good but very expensive. Everything on the menu is so so good. There is also a restaurant called the Eats Cafe that is within walking distance that is a great affordable little place for lunch. They have a wide variety of food to choose from.
Grand Cayman is amazing. There is a lot to do and the food is phenomenal! There are so many restaurants to choose from. I definitely recommend renting a car because cabs are EXPENSIVE. The island is not that big and you can drive around easily. They drive on the left side of the road, FYI. George Town has lots of shops and things to do.
Also, at the Sunshine Suites, when we arrive we were given two FREE swim with the dolphin tickets! it was amazing...i can't guarantee they give those to everyone, it may just have been a promotional thing going on but it was so fun!
I can't say enough good things about Grand Cayman and the Sunshine Suites. We can't wait to go back :).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands