We were at SS for the week of Jan 24, 2013. It was our second trip to the Cayman Islands.
The hotel is ok, the staff were polite but not over-friendly except Paco, the resident feline!
The major complaint we had was the staying on the south west corner, meant hearing the WestBay garbage truck pick up at 6:50am, now I know municipalities start early, but in our & our hotel neighbours opinion, that is too early.
We skipped the daily free breakfast as soon as we discovered what we had bought at Kirks grocery was much tastier.
FYI the hotel doesn't supply a reusable coffee filter for the 10 cup coffee pot or much in the way of good sized pots & pans. You'll have to be inventive if you are planning on cooking for more then 2 people. The one bedroom we stayed did not have a door to the bedroom, so it's a suite.
If you are on the Island during the Taste of Cayman, go.
It is so worth the money.
We were there in 2008 after Hurricane Ivan, & I am so glad to see the difference in the Island, even I was impressed with Camana Bay.
Someone who was on the charter bus to the airport complained how commercial the island was, they apparently had only gone to Cuba before, we laughed and asked if they had rented a car & explored the island, of course the answer was no! First timers!
Now for all you single malt drinkers & you top self drinkers in general, try Seven Fathoms Rum.
Foodies I recommend highly the Havana chicken dish at he Sunshine Grill, it's enough for 2 people.
Go try the Tukka restaurant is on the north east side of the island, try the Kangaroo Sausage!
Yep Kanga on Cayman!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands