“Another Great Stay”

Sunshine Suites Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is my second stay at Sunshine Suites and I will be returning. The rooms are very comfortable and the grounds are beautiful. This is a great value in the Seven Mile beach area. The staff is very attentive and always willing to help. The beach is right across the street. I preferred a short drive around the corner to Governor's Beach. The restaurant is a big added bonus. The burgers, salads, and of course, the fish tacos provided lunch and dinner many days during my stay. I highly recommend Sunshine Suites.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly H
There are newer reviews for Sunshine Suites Resort

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Very good value. Nice room. Pretty grounds. Reasonably close to beach. Good location for beach and restaurants. Very nice restaurant on grounds. Great destination. We really enjoyed this vacation with our two kids, ages 16 and 17, girl and boy. Service was good. Rental bikes on site. We were very pleased with everything, except, sometimes, the wifi doesn't work outdoors. But it always worked in the room.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

My most recent visit to Cayman was a family holiday with my wife and 2 kids (9/10) and we got a great deal through CheapCaribbean.com. $700 pp for flights from Boston and hotel for 5 nights...can't beat that! Normally I am skeptical of those kind of deals but having lived and worked in Cayman before I already knew Sunshine Suites had a great restaurant, Sunshine Grill, and had heard good things about the rooms as well. All was confirmed - our stay was great, the room was great, the housekeeping was great, and the restaurant was fantastic as usual. The pool was warm, but you can't really complain about that, right? My kids wanted to shovel ice into it but I kept them in line...

The only drawbacks this trip were the internet speed and the breakfast. Internet speed was bad - logging on was easy, but speeds of up to 200kb/sec were not exactly dazzling. What was dazzling was the lovely Katie, the Front Office Supervisor, who explained that they were in the process of upgrading and she agreed the speeds were below par. She was professional and helpful and happy, which are the attributes of all good hospitality managers! Breakfast was patchy...fruit was variable in quality and quantity and the entire chafing dish of scrambled eggs was sometimes cold. The mini muffins were a hit with my kids, however, and I admit to having a few too many.

I had a conference call one morning via GoToMeeting and so went to Paperman's coffee shop (another local place - in the Strand - which buzzes with local business types for morning coffee and lunch) which has great coffee and great internet from 630am onwards. One of the best breakfasts on the island can be had at Full of Beans Cafe in Pasadora Place on Smith Rd just south of Georgetown...a favourite with local folk and ladies who lunch. We go there every time we are on island.

The sunshine was abundant, the sea was crystal clear as usual, and all in all we had a great time. I will definitely be back at Sunshine Suites when I can't stay at my rich friends' beachfront condos...

Room Tip: if you have kids, choose a KB suite which has a Q pullout couch in the living area and a KB in the b...
3  Thank BermudaBye108
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Sunshine Suites was a great place to stay just across the street from Seven Mile Beach. The location was really convenient. The rooms were nice, especially for the price, and the staff was wonderful. Having Sunshine Grill right next to the pool was an added bonus.

Room Tip: We choose a room with a kitchenette which was a great advantage.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

From the moment I stepped out of the cab, I was impressed with the Sunshine Suites as it was an extremely Happy Looking place for a traveller faced with a not so Sunshiny of days. The office was clean and the staff very attentive and helpful. The grounds were amazingly well kept and incredibly landscaped. Although I had arrived in the middle of a downpour, it did not seem to keep my spirits down as I was surrounded by beauty and charm. The room was perfectly suited for a get away retreat as it was equiped with a mini kitchen that surpassed the typical mini fridge and coffee machine. The SUNSHINE GRILL was Phenomenal!! The Wait Staff definitely made me feel welcome and were extremely polite and professional. The food was OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD AMAZING and I suggest either the Shrimp or Fish Tacos for a true MIND-BLOWING Experinece. I will tell all I pass or all who will listen to stay at the Sunshine Suites whenever they are on the Island and I encourage all who read this to stay there are well as I know I WILL BE BACK!! warning to all I met there btw!! Stay Golden Sunshine Suites!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Buddahut
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My first trip to Grand Cayman for a family vacation. Great place to stay! Quiet, extremely friendly staff. Suite was great (1 br/w queen bed). Very nice grounds, well maintained. Sunshine Grill is unique, great food, NICE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST EVERY DAY I give it 5 stars!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bill D
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 8 days. Our room was beautiful. It looked new. It was clean and mostly quiet. We had a king bed with a 2 burner stove, microwave and full size refrigerator. We were on the second floor. Please note this hotel does not have elevators so if you are not able to climb stairs ask for a room on the bottom floor. The grounds are well manicured. They have a pool that I did not use as they have tables for the restaurant outside and I felt weird with people eating and me in my swim suit. Otherwise, I did eat at the restaurant and the portions were huge and it was tasty and inexpensive for Grand Cayman. We had breakfast there each day and it was ok. They had something for everyone. The hotel is situated right off West Bay road and you can easily take the bus or taxi to get about you do not need car really unless you really intend to go exploring. There is a small strip mall in back of the hotel with a frozen yoghurt shop, sushi place, liquor store, sundries shop and a cafe. There is also a Foster's grocery store about a 10 minute walk. They have a nice hot bar with a variety of food. It is 4.99CI per pound. The staff at the hotel were very nice and helpful. I also used the laundry and it was fine. The cost is 1.00CI per load and 1.00CI to dry and it is 1.25CI for one load box of laundry soap. I really enjoyed our stay. I spent some time sitting outside in the hammock and chairs in the shade. Overall I was happy with my stay and would definitely come back.

2  Thank northfloridafolks
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
#1 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mi...
#7 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End

Been to Sunshine Suites Resort? Share your experiences!