My wife and I went there late August for our anniversary. We are Scuba Divers and opted for the diving package, as we saw the reviews were really good. I have to admit, when we first pulled up, my first thought was "oh oh. This could be bad" as it didn't look like much, but I couldn't have been more wrong.
AMAZING STAFF! - So incredibly helpful! Anything we needed, they took care of. Called about our diving, they connected us, called about renting a car, they called and made arrangements for us to be picked up and taken there, called about Stingray city, they called and made reservations...I could go on and on. Always polite and caring.
Very clean - room and grounds were spotless.
Air Conditioning - Why would I mention it? Because that thing worked and worked stupidly well! Could get the room as warm or as cold as I wanted. And by cold, I mean meat locker cold if I so wished.
Food - The restaurant which looks like a little shack is rated one of the best on the island and for good reason. Even the locals come there for the fish tacos which says a lot.
Inexpensive - Compared to everything else, this was a bargain.
Close to everything - Not too close to Georgetown (5 min drive) which is good in order to avoid the cruise ships mayhem, but not too far either.
Full Kitchen in room - Including coffee pot, microwave, oven, stove, fridge...everything you need.
Great Scuba Diving - They had our package with Divers Down who picked us up every day and brought us back. The people from that shop were amazing and had some of the best Scuba Diving of our lives (posted videos on YouTube. Search for khenakara.
Considering the price, the bad isn't that bad, but had to be mentioned:
Not on the beach - and no view to the beach from any room. It's just across the street, so not a huge walk.
Small rooms - Not tiny, but not big by any means.
Hammocks were old - Hammocks hanging outside are old and very basic. They need some new ones bad!
We loved it! We opted for the diving package as we are both scuba divers and it was still cheaper than other hotels on the beach. Considering how much time we spent in our room, it would have been stupid to spend more somewhere else.
All we want is comfort, clean, and friendly staff which we got here in spades. We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands