“Great stay! ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Houston, Texas
“Great stay! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I went to Cayman for a wedding and stayed at the Sunshine Suites resort from May 1st to May 5th. The hotel was bright yellow and the front desk individuals were welcoming. The hotel was aesthetically pleasing and the beach is a two minute walk from the hotel. There was a kitchen in the room that included a stove, pots, and pans, so that was nice. The beds were very comfortable, the pool was awesome, but closed too early. It was nice to have such a great restaurant the Sunshine Grill on site. The food was phenomenal and the service provided by the wait and bar staff was amazing. At the end of your meal you get a mini ice cream cone. The night I had dinner there they served maple ice cream. The best part of the stay was the wonderful service received by the front desk representative ( they were all wonderful) Bianca. My mom and I came in on Saturday looking for tours and/or spas opened on Sunday. This was no easy request. Bianca recommended several places, but we kept getting a no were closed. She didn't give up she kept calling around and got us in for facials at the Le Met spa at the Marriott and a reservation for Alfresco. For Saturday she pointed us in the right direction for shopping and recommended the Greenhouse a great local healthy spot for lunch. Overall, my family really enjoyed the stay, plus it was the most affordable on the island! The only thing I would suggest is boosting up the grab and go breakfast.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Wolcott, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Loved this place, if your trying to keep to a budget but still want a nice room this is the place. We have almost a full kitchen to keep food costs down but we did enjoy the great food at sunshine grill. The hotel is across the street from the beach and they provide you with free beach chairs and towels. That was such a nice touch we didn't expect. We took our beach chairs all over the island with us. Staff was very helpful. They helped us plan a few day trips and where willing to organize transportation. The room was clean and the perfect size.

2 Thank unhappycamper526
Forfar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Lovely central location. As we were visiting my son who works on the Island it was perfect. Staff very helpful, food excellent, rooms cleaned every day, towels provided daily for taking to the pool or down to the beach. Grab and go breakfast was perfect for us. Would certainly recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HelenT542014
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Having been a previous visitor to the hotel, I was looking forward to my second stay. While I have no fault with the pricing - it is very good value - I do have issue with the cleanliness of some of the rooms. The studio rooms are heavily carpeted and as such provide an excellent breeding ground for bugs and smells. Our initial room had numerous bugs around the bed and kitchen area, which were most likely due to the carpeting under/behind the fridge, plus hidden garbage which had gone unnoticed. We requested a move to another room, which was granted promptly in the evening, although apparently at some nuisance to those on shift. The second room was an upgrade to one bedroom - which despite having an issue with a repeatedly tripping circuit due to lighting - was a breath of fresh air. The one bedroom suite was tiled throughout, and the owners should consider replacing carpeting in the studio rooms to match.
Other than the above, the staff and provided facilities are good. The location is a few minutes walk from the beach, but those with transport can enjoy numerous locations within short distance. The attached restaurant serves good quality food, and the servers are attentive and friendly.

2 Thank ObjectiveTourist
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Sunshine Suites is located across the Westin. My husband and I travelled for a long weekend getaway and really enjoyed ourselves. Overall the hotel is very good. Here are some pros and a few cons.

Pros:
- Beach is short 5 minute walk. The suites provide you with towels and beach chairs if you want.
- Reasonably priced rooms with kitchenettes.
- 10 minute walk to Fosters grocery store. Be warned food is expensive. We wanted to get some fruit and gasped at 9 dollar berries with means about 12US!! We ended up getting a roasted chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, chips, salsa, hummus, pita chips, and ice cream for about $40 still cheaper than dining out all the time.
- Free continental breakfast: hard boiled eggs ( some days), cereal, yogurt, small variety of pastries, oatmeal, oranges, bananas, juice, coffee. If you want scrambled eggs or pancakes you can go to the Sunshine Grill located at the property but save yourself for lunch instead if you want to eat there.
- small property so you're not at a huge resort with very friendly staff.
- laundry on property, fast wifi, and large number of channels including HBO so you don't miss you GOT!

Cons:
- No gym. Yes you can get a great workout swimming all day but if you need your gym,it's not here. There is a great yoga place a mile down the street called Bliss Yoga. If you run ( like me) you will find that the main road is not that jogger friendly. The sidewalks end abruptly, cars generally do not slow down when they see you. I ended up jogging on the beach after I almost got run over the first day it's much more beautiful and you have over 6 miles of uninterrupted beach.
- small pool. So if you don't feel like going to the beach and staying at the hotel make sure you stake your spot as they go fast. My husband and I had to turn back cause the pool area was just too crowded.

Very pleased with the property and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mystyk78
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just returned from Grand Cayman / Sunshine Suites. Can't say anything negative about the accommodations. The staff was friendly and eager to help with whatever we needed, the beach was BEAUTIFUL and having to carry our chairs and a short walk was not a problem for us. The reef on Governor's Beach was fantastic for snorkeling. We would definitely stay here again.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I loved it here! There was a group of us here for my wedding across the street at seven mile beach. Everything was clean and comfortable and the service was great for the most part. When we checked-in the front desk staff seemed a bit overwhelmed and could've been a little more helpful in terms of recommending things we were asking for like great restaurants and lounges/bars. Luckily, I had done my own research beforehand so I knew of some places to check out. The Sunshine Grill here is amazing. Everything on the menu is delicious (try the crispy blue cheese balls for appetizer) and the fish tacos lived up to their reputation! The serving staff was very nice unlike many of the other restaurants on the island. This resort is in a great location, my wedding guests walked to our ceremony at Governors Beach on Seven Mile with no complaints. Actually we met a couple on the bus who stayed at the Ritz down the street and they hated it and wished they had stayed here, then the bus driver chimed in and said he'd recommend Sunshine Suites over the Ritz any day, having been to both he said Sunshine Suites is better and not just in terms of price. Speaking of price, this place has very reasonable rates compared to the other options on island. Also, take into consideration that this island is more on the expensive side so be prepared. I will add too that my mom, her sister and mother all shared a 1 bedroom suite, and later realized there were no sheets provided for the let out couch she used. When she called to ask for some the man who answered said it's after hours and she'd have to wait until the morning. I soon called and demanded that he or someone bring sheets right away and when he arrived he had the worst attitude, so this was one thing that we weren't happy about. That was the only downside really. Later in our stay I was really impressed when I got back to my room and found a nice note with a Rum Cake acknowledging my birthday, I don't even remember telling them this but I'm glad they remembered! This small gesture made my day even more special so thank you Sunshine Suites. The resort is also walking distance to grocery stores like Fosters and Costuless, and we took the bus to most things since it was much cheaper and quicker than calling a cab for everything. Overall my experience was great! Trina was my contact and helped me organize my wedding guests every step of the way without any problems. Thank you Trina! I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: There aren't any elevators, but the buildings are only 3 levels so it's not bad.