“My favourite hotel - Anywhere!”

Sunshine Suites Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a great hotel. Location is very good, just yards from the beach.
Price is exceptional, the hotels like the westin that are ON the beach are at least 2-3 times more expensive, that is a very big premium to pay.
The rooms are very nice and come with microwaves and a proper fridge freezer you can store your own food in. I HATE those hotels with a minibar that actually weighs the stuff so you can't put your own things in it!
Aircon works, properly, which is pretty good in the caribbean.

Saved the best to last...
The front Desk ladies are awesome, they are the nicest friendliest front desk staff you will ever meet anywhere, they go out of the way to be helpful and friendly at all times.

BAD THINGS
To be honest the only issue is that the hotel is 50 yards from the beach rather than on the beach. If you are very rich and can't be bothered to walk 50 yards then this may not be the hotel for you?

1  Thank cptkremmen
Write a ReviewReviews (1,819)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Oh gosh - just a small motel room with no bells and whistles. The single Queen was jammed against the wall - only one night table instead of the standard two - the clothing drawers smelled grotesquely - the kitchen utensils were not appetizing to use and did not inspire us to eat there - the bath sink stopper was jammed and could not hold water and had to be repaired - the faucets filter was dirty - it only dribbled water and had to be replaced - the toilet had arthritis and some of its stomach underwent surgery. Now why wouldn't Quality Control check rooms prior to Guests arrival ????? The checking in area was extremely small - no candy bars,chewing gum,chips or magazines - just a ready hand to get payment in full unlike the Marriott which never deduct your fees until the last day of your stay! The grab and go was well named because their wasn't much to grab and this made the going easy.There is a superb restaurant in the same strip mall called "Eats" - do not miss this -tremendous food, reasonable prices and owned by a Canadian lady. We found the maintenance men to be helpful and courteous - but with one exception the clerks at the front desk were hardly cheerful ambassadors. The grounds were impeccable and the pool atmosphere was indeed very soothing.On our first night my wife woke up screaming - she had a two inch worm crawling on her chest - we took it to the front desk
. In conclusion - have you ever heard of housekeeping units without Salt or Pepper shakers - I kid you not- I went to the front desk for these essential supplies because they were not in my room and they told me they have a no Salt or Pepper shaker policy ( bear in mind I did not ask for caviar and champagne) - I said " don't you find that odd" -she stared at me as if I was odd. On the positive side it is still hard to beat the Grand Cayman Island. Norm

Room Tip: -the Ist floors are tiled but the others are carpeted and easier on the feet in our opinion
3  Thank shawnorm
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Like others..pretty positive. It was my wife's birthday, called ahead and they left a nice note with a complimentary mini-rum cake. Walk is short to the beach. Chairs always available. Rooms are pretty clean. A little light on the silverware/glasses, etc. a/c did fine and beach towels were available daily. Front office staff was always nice and helpful on my multiple visits to ask them questions. Free use of local gym a little misleading...world gym is a 2 mile walk..but who wants to go to the gym anyway when you are in vacation. Morning breakfast was sufficient..just having an endless supply of hot, fresh coffee was great. Nice place to eat called eats cafe about 200 yards away. Grounds are clean and well maintained.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the office staff were very helpful with all our needs, and the food by the pool was as good as any on the island and affordable. We are looking forward to a return trip as soon as we can.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
1  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I got here on my birthday. As soon as we checked in the Front desk send me Rum Cake to my Room. Excellent staff. Also, Front Desk made me and my wife reservations at Ortanique Restaurant, where they told them to set us a special table to celebrate my birthday.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I went to Cayman for a wedding and stayed at the Sunshine Suites resort from May 1st to May 5th. The hotel was bright yellow and the front desk individuals were welcoming. The hotel was aesthetically pleasing and the beach is a two minute walk from the hotel. There was a kitchen in the room that included a stove, pots, and pans, so that was nice. The beds were very comfortable, the pool was awesome, but closed too early. It was nice to have such a great restaurant the Sunshine Grill on site. The food was phenomenal and the service provided by the wait and bar staff was amazing. At the end of your meal you get a mini ice cream cone. The night I had dinner there they served maple ice cream. The best part of the stay was the wonderful service received by the front desk representative ( they were all wonderful) Bianca. My mom and I came in on Saturday looking for tours and/or spas opened on Sunday. This was no easy request. Bianca recommended several places, but we kept getting a no were closed. She didn't give up she kept calling around and got us in for facials at the Le Met spa at the Marriott and a reservation for Alfresco. For Saturday she pointed us in the right direction for shopping and recommended the Greenhouse a great local healthy spot for lunch. Overall, my family really enjoyed the stay, plus it was the most affordable on the island! The only thing I would suggest is boosting up the grab and go breakfast.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Loved this place, if your trying to keep to a budget but still want a nice room this is the place. We have almost a full kitchen to keep food costs down but we did enjoy the great food at sunshine grill. The hotel is across the street from the beach and they provide you with free beach chairs and towels. That was such a nice touch we didn't expect. We took our beach chairs all over the island with us. Staff was very helpful. They helped us plan a few day trips and where willing to organize transportation. The room was clean and the perfect size.

2  Thank unhappycamper526
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman
Margaritaville Beach Resort Gran...
#9 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach

Been to Sunshine Suites Resort? Share your experiences!