An excellent value boutique-type hotel located a short 5 minute walk across the street from beautiful Seven Mile Beach. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are going to the SMB area for your stay on Grand Cayman and are looking for an excellent, economically priced place to stay. I stayed here for 6 nights and did a dive combo package (my room accommodation plus 6 days of 2-tank morning dives with Diver's Down dive shop...see review for them if interested in more on diving). I had a deluxe room with two queen-sized beds. It included a full mini kitchen with microwave, toaster, coffee maker, full sized fridge with freezer, 2-burner stove top, small sink with dish soap and towels, and all necessary dishes for eating and cooking. My room was in was nicely decorated, everything was in tip-top condition, and was kept very clean throughout my stay. There was a flat screen TV, clock radio, and free wifi throughout the property. Mini shampoo, conditioner, body wash and soap was kept well stocked over the week; there is also a hair dryer and an iron and ironing board. The hotel also provided you with a beach towel which you can exchange daily for a clean one at reception. Probably one of the best beds I have ever slept in. The grounds were kept immaculate. Accommodations include a complimentary cold continental breakfast ((hard boiled eggs, several cold cereals, instant oatmeal, fresh bananas and oranges, a variety of pastries, coffee, tea, milk and juice). There is a restaurant onsite (Sunshine Grill) that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. The hotel is located about half way down the SMB strip, and it was only a short 4-5 minute walk from my room to the beach; the hotel provides beach chairs (that also fold down flat!) which you can pick up to take to the beach each day, they have backpack straps so you can easily carry it on your back, and also have a convenient zipper pocket and small zipper cooler built into the back of the chair. There is a small pool with lounge chairs located in front of Sunshine Grill (behind the main check-in building). The property runs perpendicular to SMB between West Bay Road and a small highway. It consists of two long two-story buildings with rooms, a central main check-in building, the Sunshine Grill, and another small building where the included breakfast buffet is served. All staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.
There is a strip mall located beside Sunshine out on West Bay Rd which has a liquor store, a souvenir and excursion booking business, a yummy frozen yogurt shop, several economically priced restaurants (one of which is also a sports bar), and a few other businesses. There is also a Scotia Bank with an ATM located in the building just after this strip mall on the north side.
If I return to Grand Cayman in the future, I will definitely be returning to Sunshine Suites...excellent hotel conditions, excellent price for this area, good location (just across street from Seven Mile Beach, only 5 min walk), excellent staff. I would highly recommend this place to anyone going to this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands