I stayed at the Sunshine Suites with a friend for a dive weekend in early June. The room was large, clean and had a full size fridge which was useful. The bed was comfortable. The room, however, was in need of updating as the room feels a little tired.
The weather when we were there was very rainy (no fault of the hotel); but there is absolutely nothing to do at the Sunshine Suites if the weather doesn't cooperate. I was also surprised that they didn't have any loaner umbrellas at the front desk.
While the hotel is well situated, I would definitely opt for beachfront next time. It's true that the Suites are right across the street from the beach but I underestimated how much of a difference it makes to be on the water -- even at a slightly higher price.
The pool at the Suites is disappointing. While well maintained, it is small and unimpressive. Seating is limited; however, because the weather was particularly stormy, it wasn't overly crowded.
Staff, as noted in prior reviews, was helpful and courteous. The restaurant on site still serves the best fish tacos on the island. The self-serve breakfast was very good for a pre-dive fuel up.
Overall the hotel was fine. It was clean, the rooms were large and the staff was nice. However, the lack of beach, unimpressive pool and need of updating mean that I would be unlikely to stay here again (although I will surely go back to the restaurant).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunshine Suites Resort offers the best in affordable boutique lodging. We're a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand of Grand Cayman's famous Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the convenience of our prime location near dozens of shops, restaurants and activities. Our amenities include free continental breakfast and wireless internet. In addition, Guests enjoy the amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room: Use of the beach, beach chairs and towels, Beach Ambassadors to service your needs and assist you with beach lounge chair placement, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and spa. We offer our guests high end accommodations, excellent services and convenience at affordable prices. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, a warm and friendly team awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunshine Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunshine Suites Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands